Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There were some great passages of play, really entertaining second half.

That was such a game of momentum swings, really both sides had multiple chances to put the game away, seemed like no team was good enough to do that though until time ran out and the Bulldogs were in front when the siren went. This was one that could have had 5 more lead changes if the game went for another 10 minutes, great to watch as a neutral.

big loss for the Blues, they've played the sack-the-coach card and would hope to get a a couple of wins at least from the emotional buzz.

Will regress to the mean performance level soon, would love to nudge above GC before that happens.

Carlton go missing way too much, not going to win playing 2 quarters of footy. Another close loss, don’t know how to win the close ones.
Unfortunate reality of our list these days, when the midfield is a bit down we get thrashed, need to add some senior players that play consistently all these young blokes are in and out of it all day, just never know what the hells gonna happen from quarter to quarter. Shocking for the blood pressure

Unfortunate reality of our list these days, when the midfield is a bit down we get thrashed, need to add some senior players that play consistently all these young blokes are in and out of it all day, just never know what the hells gonna happen from quarter to quarter. Shocking for the blood pressure

The good thing is they're showing that their best is very good and can score quickly, even at a young age.

They just can't sustain it in part due to their inexperience and lack of pre-seasons.

How has that umpire plucked that right after a Carlton player got taken high and it was called play on?

Maggots deserve all the abuse they get.

Oh please, your own freaking fans were booing a clear as day push in the back, and then a clear as day jumper hold in the goal square. So tell me where they deserved

I couldn't care less if the AFL cracks down, Been going to the footy most weekends for 10 years now, crowd behavior has gotten worse. Seen more fights, seen fans scream racial and homosexual slurs towards umpires and players. And everyone's acting like the fans are innocent and its all political correctness

The reality is, just like the increasing dislike for science, the increasing dislike for media, increased dislike towards migrants, there has been an increase in dislike towards umpires. Every single game day thread these days is complaining about umpires, every single one. And its not fans just booing poor calls, its a stupid cop out. It's gotten to a point where people are booing, abusing and complaining purely for the fact they are umpires. Fans are now screaming murder when an obvious clear as day free kick is ruled called against one of their own. Gets worse and worse each year.

Lucky to win that game. Our midfield is a tad overrated for all the ball they get. Get absolutely bitched in the middle when taking on teams that are physical and fast on the spread. Carlton has tore us apart both games for periods, Fremantle the same, other games to. Where teams just walk it out the middle and smash it inside 50.

I don't think any action is required. People will naturally just stop going. I stopped going to the footy years ago, not out of any spite or boycott.. but just because it felt boring and like a waste of time. 80's/90' when I was growing up it was so much more fun.. yeah it was ruff and rugged, but that's what made it exciting. Going there now, and just looking at the crowd.. sitting there, barely moving.. only really animated when someone kicks a goal.. and even then its just a cheer... for me it's just plain boring. So I go to a game maybe once a year now, just for the heck of it... but I really don't look forward to it, have no feeling about being there.. nothing. I just feel hollow, and it feels almost like a chore going there. Watching it on TV is better for me, because if the game is a crap lock down defensive fest... I can go and do something else after the first quarter and I haven't wasted any money watching a few guys kick a ball backwards and sideways, and no dead-crowd atmosphere.
Tribalism is going to be dead and buried before we know it. I, too, use to love going each weekend knowing that the verbal barrage was going to keep us entertained for a few hours. It was a ritual, but mainly well behaved. Gil is turning it into a theatre and its embarrassing. World has gone completely mad.
Boycott is definitely on the cards here if it continues.

Last edited:
Tribalism is going to be dead and buried before we know it. I, too, use to love going each weekend knowing that the verbal barrage was going to keep us entertained for a few hours. It was a ritual, but mainly well behaved. Gil is turning it into a theatre and its embarrassing. World has gone completely mad.
Boycott is definitely on the cards here if it continues.

Blues fans boycott most games before they finish anyway.

What’s the excuse for Dogs tonight? Blues are significantly younger.
Just catching up on the thread and noticed this comment. Not sure why you think the blues were significantly younger, they had an older average age of 24.86 compared to 24.60 and 148 more games experience. One of the reasons Bolton probably had to go was that he kept talking about green shoots when his list wasn't really that young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“McLean one of the best at drawing those frees”

Almost like he intentionally tries to get hit high. Almost like... he lowers himself toward the tacklers arm...
Rather than the Big Footy site should be the ‘big sooks’. Never come across so many cry babies. Trust me God is too busy to be ‘picking’ on your football club.

Back