Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A tweet said there was a fight in the crowd post match. Don't know the validity of it?

I think someone insulted someone else using spiced crackers with their cheese selection when clearly a plain water cracker was called for.

Yes Richo. The security should be walking up and down the aisles.

Tom Browne confirming alleged punches thrown near AFL members side after siren.

There are a lot of ideas floating around. Co-ordinating all those who want to send a message is the trick.
Big four could do it....Tigers, Pies, Bombers, Blues...
They still are the top 4 for average home attendances again this year .. Top 3 H&A too...Blues are 6th
If people boycotted a GWS home game, no-one would notice the difference anyway..

Last edited:
Yes Richo. The security should be walking up and down the aisles.

Tom Browne confirming alleged punches thrown near AFL members side after siren.

It's a terrible look to have security patrolling the aisles looking for verbal crimes.

It just adds to the feeling of tension and increases the likelihood of emotions boiling over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a lot of ideas floating around. Co-ordinating all those who want to send a message is the trick.

I don't think any action is required. People will naturally just stop going. I stopped going to the footy years ago, not out of any spite or boycott.. but just because it felt boring and like a waste of time. 80's/90' when I was growing up it was so much more fun.. yeah it was ruff and rugged, but that's what made it exciting. Going there now, and just looking at the crowd.. sitting there, barely moving.. only really animated when someone kicks a goal.. and even then its just a cheer... for me it's just plain boring. So I go to a game maybe once a year now, just for the heck of it... but I really don't look forward to it, have no feeling about being there.. nothing. I just feel hollow, and it feels almost like a chore going there. Watching it on TV is better for me, because if the game is a crap lock down defensive fest... I can go and do something else after the first quarter and I haven't wasted any money watching a few guys kick a ball backwards and sideways, and no dead-crowd atmosphere.

I don't think any action is required. People will naturally just stop going. I stopped going to the footy years ago, not out of any spite or boycott.. but just because it felt boring and like a waste of time. 80's/90' when I was growing up it was so much more fun.. yeah it was ruff and rugged, but that's what made it exciting. Going there now, and just looking at the crowd.. sitting there, barely moving.. only really animated when someone kicks a goal.. and even then its just a cheer... for me it's just plain boring. So I go to a game maybe once a year now, just for the heck of it... but I really don't look forward to it, have no feeling about being there.. nothing. I just feel hollow, and it feels almost like a chore going there. Watching it on TV is better for me, because if the game is a crap lock down defensive fest... I can go and do something else after the first quarter and I haven't wasted any money watching a few guys kick a ball backwards and sideways, and no dead-crowd atmosphere.

Maybe that's why we have the music and flashing lights and pre-game hoo-hah, or perhaps that stuff has displaced genuine atmosphere. A lot of the tribalism has been watered down by the national competition and ground rationalisation - there's somthing NQR about sitting down at the footy. But each to their own.

One of my old pet hates was the "Roar Meter" at Richmond games - the ground announcer would tell the crowd when to make a noise and a meter appeared on the scoreboard, purportedly measuring crowd volume.

There are enough people around who know how to enjoy the game. They're just being impinged upon by those who insist on repeating the experience of watching in their living room; like people who go to a concert and expect songs to be played the same as on the CD.

Last edited:
Big four could do it....Tigers, Pies, Bombers, Blues...
They still are the top 4 for average home attendances again this year .. Top 3 H&A too...Blues are 6th
If people boycotted a GWS home game, no-one would notice the difference anyway..
Biggest impact from a GWS boycott would be from family rejecting the free tickets from players.

Back