AFL 2019 Round 13: North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney, 3:20pm AEST Blundstone Arena

Who will win?

• North Melbourne < 10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • North Melbourne > 30 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater Western Sydney < 10 pts

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Greater Western Sydney 10 - 30 pts

• Greater Western Sydney > 30 pts

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

emblurr

Club Legend
May 1, 2008
South Yarra
AFL Club
Essendon
Country bumpkin giving the bird
d707db1efa368d86dd20696499c87b60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Tim Taranto the most improved player in the comp? Haven't heard boo from any pundits about him atm, absolute blinder of a year, if he gets his disposal efficiency up a little he'll take home the Charlie for sure at some stage.

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
I wonder which had the bigger crowd today. NM v GWS at Boot Park, or Roosters v Bulldogs at the SCG?

I use the term 'bigger' quite loosely. ;)
According to joffa noone is turning up to the pies game next week. I wouldn't blame them tho

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
New coach honeymoon period over for the Roos.
Need a massive clean out of spuds at end of the year and hit draft hard
This. Roos were smarter than Carlton, got the extra 'buzz' game by announcing the last game for the outgoing coach in advance, then a few weeks where everyone is playing for their careers with the new coach. Regression to the mean today.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
This. Roos were smarter than Carlton, got the extra 'buzz' game by announcing the last game for the outgoing coach in advance, then a few weeks where everyone is playing for their careers with the new coach. Regression to the mean today.

Pretty simplistic, this was a tough willing game for 3 quarters and then the Giants ran over them at the end. I enjoyed watching it and I don't enjoy much AFL games these days.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Brad Scott comes in, kills Shinboner spirit. North proceed to get reputation for massive chokes.

Brad Scott goes out, the last two games look like Shinboner spirit to me - they dropped away in the end but it was a very physical game today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty simplistic, this was a tough willing game for 3 quarters and then the Giants ran over them at the end. I enjoyed watching it and I don't enjoy much AFL games these days.
I gotta say, me neither, then again my team lost their last 3! You would have enjoyed the last month I'm sure.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I gotta say, me neither, then again my team lost their last 3! You would have enjoyed the last month I'm sure.

Yeah I am enjoying watching us play as we are currently playing at a high level and a good team playing high level football is always good to watch. The other games are less enjoyable although Port v Freo was a pretty decent game.

Take it to a more simplistic level, if Josh Kelly was playing in blue and white, not orange and grey, then things are very different.

Albeit we missed Higgo really badly.

Tarryn Thomas needs to spend the off season doing montages where he runs up and down sand dunes and stuff.

Once he has the tank to play full time onball, we have the super quality mid we need.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Take it to a more simplistic level, if Josh Kelly was playing in blue and white, not orange and grey, then things are very different.

Tarryn Thomas needs to spend the off season doing montages where he runs up and down sand dunes and stuff.

Once he has the tank to play full time onball, we have the super quality mid we need.
Kelly was great no doubt but Cogs and Taranto were our best.

Thomas is a jet. Pure silk, gonna be a lot of Hird about him.

Easily play HF but switch onto the ball if his club requires.

Thomas is a jet. Pure silk, gonna be a lot of Hird about him.

Easily play HF but switch onto the ball if his club requires.

Hird! That's exactly it.

I've been thinking Bontempelli but nah, you're right, Hird is a better comparison.

Albeit I think Tarryn will be heavier and stronger through the core than Hird was.

Hird! That's exactly it.

I've been thinking Bontempelli but nah, you're right, Hird is a better comparison.

Albeit I think Tarryn will be heavier and stronger through the core than Hird was.
Would you want him to be? His mobility is gonna be a strength, increased weight reduces it.

Would you want him to be? His mobility is gonna be a strength, increased weight reduces it.

Yeah, strength to break tackles and take marks.

Another POTENTIAL comparison I've seen is Koutafides.

Back