Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
You know where else things only apply half the time?

How Pies fans pissed and whinged for a month about the Walters touch kick because "the margin difference cost the game" but then apply completely different logic to the goals the Pies gave up themselves, such as Beams completely missing a 10 meter target in defensive 50 from a mark (i.e. no pressure) to give up a goal directly to Hughes that gives the Pies the win by the same logic, but we didn't hear about that from 1 single fan...
I said on here many times that Walters touched thing wasnt the reason we lost, go ahead and check my profile and check the posts if you really want to.

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tbh I thought we should have won the game with better conversion. I think west coast and geelong will play off for the flag and this is from a bloke who moved to melb from wa who hates the eagles and was cheering the pies last year. I think we should have beaten em both matches but we do match up well with them.

The flag this year will be about who matches up well on each other cause some weird match up wins and losses are happening this year

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

How Pies fans pissed and whinged for a month about the Walters touch kick because "the margin difference cost the game" but then apply completely different logic to the goals the Pies gave up themselves, such as Beams completely missing a 10 meter target in defensive 50 from a mark (i.e. no pressure) to give up a goal directly to Hughes that gives the Pies the win by the same logic, but we didn't hear about that from 1 single fan...
Go back and find ANY Pies fan who did as you claimed re the Walters kick.
You have completely invented this issue.
What an odd thing to do ....

Last edited:

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Multiple possessions for everyone but no scoreboard impact-just like the old circle work.:)
O.K Got you now.;) Have to agree but you gotta admit that the doggies can be frenetic in the way they play, just can't do much with it yet.

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

If you wanted an insight into how the large majority of Collingwood supporters felt about that touched decision, how about you have a gander at the match day and review thread on our board. Hardly anyone blamed that loss on that decision, and the small number that did were generally pulled up on it.

Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
That shallow throw in that allowed Grundy a easy goal had to be called back and generally is.

If you were at the ground you would've seen what was about to happen 5 seconds before it did. Pies cleared and left Grundy and English by themselves. Btw the throw wasn't shallow. It was a set play which Grundy has used around the ground multiple time this year.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Play like today and North will beat us next week.. Put Ben Brown in the dogs forward line, he kicks a bag and they get up imo

Fix our forward structure. 3 talls = :poo:

3 tall structure was not a problem at all... our skills and defensive efforts were deplorable, if anything the 3 tall set-up looked to be effective, in the first 1/4 anyway

Eddie Van Halen

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
HNS, Melbourne Knights, Rijeka
We haven't been playing anywhere near our best over the last 5, 6 weeks and are still winning.
We might be winning ugly, but I'll take that.
If you told me at the start of the year that we'd be 10-3 at or right after the bye, I'd have said yes please, thank you.

I love being a Collingwood supporter.
When we're s**t, everyone piles it on us.
When we're winning, we're still s**t and everyone still piles it on us.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Play like today and North will beat us next week.. Put Ben Brown in the dogs forward line, he kicks a bag and they get up imo

Fix our forward structure. 3 talls = :poo:
Seven goals from our three talls wasn't a bad result in a low scoring game. I thought we looked dangerous when the pill went inside fifty. it may not work every week but it did yesterday.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
We haven't been playing anywhere near our best over the last 5, 6 weeks and are still winning.
We might be winning ugly, but I'll take that.
If you told me at the start of the year that we'd be 10-3 at or right after the bye, I'd have said yes please, thank you.

I love being a Collingwood supporter.
When we're ****, everyone piles it on us.
When we're winning, we're still **** and everyone still piles it on us.

Yeah, its so true.
Remember all 2018 - we were pretenders, we had a soft draw, we weren't beating any other teams in the top 8, we wouldn't stand up in the finals....
Well we didn't win the flag, but we sure showed all those haters just how wrong they all were.
Now it's 2019 - what is now? We aren't winning by enough??

Runners up by less than a goal and backed up by consistently winning the next year, so much so that we are second on the ladder.
But we are no good.
Keep up the hate, but just know that we all laugh at you.

Back