Game Day AFL 2019 Round 15: Collingwood v North Melbourne, 7:25pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Collingwood < 10 pts

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Collingwood 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Collingwood > 30 pts

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • North Melbourne < 10 pts

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • North Melbourne 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne > 30 pts

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, Richmond don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the other two.

I'll think you will find them winning games of footy now that their players are starting to come back and they are just chilling in Melbourne from here on out. Pies playing them at the worst time

You seruously have no idea. Richmond had the 3rd highest members in 2017 (prior to to premiership). 72,669, only 3k shy from being the most. I say that is not bad at all for a team that was starved of success for 35yrs and finishing 14th the year before. They only "bandwagoners" you might be referring to is the extra 30k they got from winning it.
So only a minimum of 30k bandwagoners then, hahaha

I think you'll beat Essendon with hilarious ease. They're a painfully average side. GWS got an absolute reaming from the umps on Thursday night, especially late in the game.

They'd be extremely lucky to make the 8 at the end of the year and some of their older players like Bellchambers, Hooker and Hurley are just about cooked.

North will 100% go past them.
Richmond are finally getting some top players back and have been able to blood some great youth for the last 6-8 weeks so they'll definitely go past them.
Bulldogs and Swans are currently in better form but probably have to play too much catch-up at this point.
Port have been an underachieving rabble of a club for years now but at their best they've got a much better side.

As a north supporter, smashing essendon and richmond bring just about as about joy as climaxing during intercourse or eating french belle gourmet. Richmond until 2017 was soft as butter, supporters provide as much comedy as the hapless skill of the team but 2017 GF happened, a lot of respect was earned. Essendon on the other hand is still the pretender they are. The recruitment of Saad, Smith and Stringer have been the only positives in otherwise a rather average team. Now we got the gameplan together and players buying in, we will smash them all over the ground. Their physicality will melt away like butter, although turner, zurhaar and anderson should pay some special attention to the little one in Saad, work him over, smack him around. Thompson will niggle stringer all night and Tarrant will shut down essendon's key forward (if any) to ZERO goal for the match. Ziebell and Cunnington will smash the opp in the middle allowing the likes of Ahern (if he's back), Simpkin, LDU, Dumont to run amok. We still lack an allround, full package elite mid so Shiel could be a bit of a problem but then after a few Anderson tackles, Ziebell signature chair shot to the head and a few fend off from Cunnington, he will have an early night.

As the emperor would say, 'everything is proceeding as i have foreseen'

Oh nearly, forgot, Big Bad Benny Brown will pat the head of Hurley after a wasteful night with 6 goals 5 behind.

Who are you missing? Besides Stephenson.

All the big boys are out there.

Grundy, Sidebottom, Pendles, JDG, Moore, WHE etc
Not that they would have changed much tonight but Adams, Elliott, Howe and Langdon are all walk-up starters as is the suspended Stephenson if you can include him. Beams and Aish make us a better side too but I won't pretend they're crucial units. Frustratingly, we can't make the bold calls on omitting underperforming players now because there's nobody left at VFL level to bring in.

Not that they would have changed much tonight but Adams, Elliott, Howe and Langdon are all walk-up starters as is the suspended Stephenson if you can include him. Beams and Aish make us a better side too but I won't pretend they're crucial units. Frustratingly, we can't make the bold calls on omitting underperforming players now because there's nobody left at VFL level to bring in.
Stephenson is a huge out because your forwardline isn't very dynamic and can have trouble finding goalscorers. You rely on your mids a lot for goals imo.

Stephenson is a huge out because your forwardline isn't very dynamic and can have trouble finding goalscorers. You rely on your mids a lot for goals imo.
Forward line has been unbelievably dry these last two weeks. Hopefully Elliott is named next week and adds some spark otherwise we'll kick a similar score. Stephenson is more than a talented up and comer, he is a genuine gun forward and his dumbassery has cost us.

Pies so tentative with the ball in hand.
I have no idea why they didnt pull the trigger more often and be more direct.
So so many times they just stopped and chipped it around sideways but to no avail.

Really strange gameplan tonight.

We rarely played like that last year. We took it right up to Richmond twice in the H&A season last year and slaughtered them in the prelim. We seemed to be the only team that could really match Richmond at their game. Every other team buckled under their manic pressure but we took it right up to them and matched their intensity every time.

Even a couple of times this year we've eventually realized the game is gonna be a scrap and were able to adapt and quickly abandon the chippy keepings off footy we normally play but we just persisted with it all night tonight. North however did bring a ferocity to this game that no other team has this year and we just couldn't match them physically. Jed Anderson in particular was a wrecking ball and made every Pies player earn it tonight.

It's one thing when Richmond's mosquito fleet are pressuring you and quite another when North's big bodied mids are smashing you around. One's frustrating, the other is making you question whether you even wanna be out there.

We rarely played like that last year. We took it right up to Richmond twice in the H&A season last year and slaughtered them in the prelim. We seemed to be the only team that could really match Richmond at their game. Every other team buckled under their manic pressure but we took it right up to them and matched their intensity every time.
They only beat us by 10 points last year in Melbourne, and we weren't a finals team.

It's one thing when Richmond's mosquito fleet are pressuring you and quite another when North's big bodied mids are smashing you around. One's frustrating, the other is making you question whether you even wanna be out there.
It's been a bloody long time since anything like that has been recognised and posted.

Even a couple of times this year we've eventually realized the game is gonna be a scrap and were able to adapt and quickly abandon the chippy keepings off footy we normally play but we just persisted with it all night tonight. North however did bring a ferocity to this game that no other team has this year and we just couldn't match them physically. Jed Anderson in particular was a wrecking ball and made every Pies player earn it tonight.

I made the point on our board that our biggest weakness against the Pies is our midfields inability to spread from the contest. The only way we could win tonight was to ‘check’ your players ala put a screen on your prime movers to prevent the likes of Treloar, Sidebottom, Pendlebury impacting the next contest; effectively rendering them useless to the next play.
We executed Shaw’s gameplan to perfection, lead by Anderson and Simpkin in the middle.

I don’t think it’s the blueprint to beating just the Pies but basically any team in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had more 4 qtr performances under Rhyce than Brad. Totally different side.

Amazing what happens when you play players on form and have a plan B.

How many changes to the side has Shaw made that hasn’t been because of injury or club enforced suspension?

They only beat us by 10 points last year in Melbourne, and we weren't a finals team.

Fair point. I thought I was probably leaving a few teams out there.

I thought we were the most obvious example of a team matching Richmond's style of play but now that you mention it I do actually remember that game and you did take it right up to them almost to the very end until they just pulled away whereas they really got on top of us in the last qtr's of the 2 H&A games last year (even though we were down 2 players before half time and ran out of legs in the end of both of those games).

It's been a bloody long time since anything like that has been recognised and posted.
And you’ll continue to wait if you want any common sense spoken on here.

Cunnington would be amongst the best midfielders in the competition and is one of the hardest. Ziebell is an absolute animal.

On a separate note, Simpkin is going to have a lot of people/opposition paying close attention to him come 2020. Will become A grader in the eyes of the competition.

Higgins and Majak to come back before the end of the year...

I think you'll beat Essendon with hilarious ease. They're a painfully average side. GWS got an absolute reaming from the umps on Thursday night, especially late in the game.

They'd be extremely lucky to make the 8 at the end of the year and some of their older players like Bellchambers, Hooker and Hurley are just about cooked.

North will 100% go past them.
Richmond are finally getting some top players back and have been able to blood some great youth for the last 6-8 weeks so they'll definitely go past them.
Bulldogs and Swans are currently in better form but probably have to play too much catch-up at this point.
Port have been an underachieving rabble of a club for years now but at their best they've got a much better side.
Swans have an easier run home than the doggies and North, Richmond will be deadly

Back