• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong-vs-Adelaide.png
2.PNG
Where and when: GMHBA Stadium, Friday, June 28, 7.50pm AEST

Geelong Forecast
1.PNG
Sunny. Winds northerly 30 to 45 km/h.

What it means for Geelong: Top spot. After their post-bye record plunged to new lows last week, a win for the Cats would allow them to stay one game clear of Collingwood. Since 2012, they hold a 7-0 record in games that fall two weeks after a mid-season bye, in stark contrast to their 0-8 record games in immediately following the bye.

What it means for Adelaide: A big scalp on the road. The Crows have beaten Greater Western Sydney, Richmond, Fremantle and Port Adelaide at home this season but are yet to knock off a contender on the road.

The stat: The Crows lost the contested possession count by 33 in the round three loss to Geelong. Their count of 115 in that game was the lowest they've recorded this season.

The match-up: Tom Hawkins v Daniel Talia
Hawkins failed to take a mark for the first time in his career last week and meets Daniel Talia, who has enjoyed a strong month of form. Hawkins' below-par performance saw him fall from the 29th overall ranked player to 34th in the Official AFL Player Ratings. Hawkins assumes the No.2 key forward ranking with Talia currently the ninth best key defender in the competition.

It's a big week for: Rhys Stanley
After being upstaged by Scott Lycett last week, Stanley has the chance to redeem himself against inexperienced Crows big man Reilly O'Brien. Stanley was put on notice throughout 2018 before confirming his status as the Cats' No.1 and will be out to prove he should hold that mantle for the rest of this season.
stanley114PAGe19JE0918.JPG

Big call: Having kicked just four goals from four outings in Geelong, Crows skipper Taylor will boot a bag against the Cats on Friday night.

Prediction: Geelong by 11 points

Source: AFL Website

Geelong has not lost 2nd up from a bye / week off since the 2008 grand final.

Cats by a few goals.

We should win and rebound strongly against a side that struggles ( like most ) playing at GMHBA. Didn't get near us even when they had their best season for yonks in 2017. Interesting scenarios though

* If they beat us, they throw a massive '' chaos ball:rolleyes: '' in season proceedings and announce themselves as a true contender.
* We lose a couple on the bounce like we did in 2011 around mid year before going on to win the prem:)
* We win and order's restored and we're back on track.

Either way I'm happy. Win and we're good. Lose again and two weeks straight to the South Australians but we go on and repeat the deed of 2011:)

Wonder how closely Adelaide have studied the Port and Giants matches. Even if they lose, a good performance exploiting some cats weakness can make this match a huge learning opportunity even in defeat.

A blowout and there are major issues.

Cats lose and question marks start to really appear. Win strong and it's back to reality.

Very big game.

You're probably right. Considering the home town umpiring geelong are gaurnteed. Worth 3 maybe 4 goals.
3 posts in and the umpiring excuses have already started. I'm guessing it'll be another game day thread with delusional thoughts about umpires costing their team the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will get bent over by a score review tonight or lack of?

Money is surely on Adelaide to cop one...
Two teams who have had some generous home town umpiring of late, but Geelong for longer...

I'm sure the AFL will do their best to * up another night.

First 20 minutes will tell a story. Be on cats! Maybe cats forward structure has been worked out? Will be tight game I think.
Exactly, if they don't come out firing after last week I'd be shocked.

3 posts in and the umpiring excuses have already started. I'm guessing it'll be another game day thread with delusional thoughts about umpires costing their team the game.

Last time I went to Addlebrain Oval, the local derpers were squealing about the umps around three seconds after the opening bounce. Gotta have your excuses prepared in advance.

Last time I went to Addlebrain Oval, the local derpers were squealing about the umps around three seconds after the opening bounce. Gotta have your excuses prepared in advance.
They're already whinging about umpires.
The ones we had last night were great.

Last time Adelaide beat Geelong in Melbourne George W was still president.
Adelaide have never beaten Geelong in Melbourne.

Mate I hear you loud and clear! I’ve even gone to the board moderators to action this but nothing! I suggested a game day thread be created on the umpires board to discuss umpiring whilst this board could be about THE GAME!

Mate I hear you loud and clear! I’ve even gone to the board moderators to action this but nothing! I suggested a game day thread be created on the umpires board to discuss umpiring whilst this board could be about THE GAME!
Did you see the 4th qtr last night?

Back