Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

p5ych00n5

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Last time your mob played the Cats they scored 5.7.37 in FOUR quarters of footy.
Don't see the relevance of your post. Good contested game.
Not all games have to be free flowing goalfests. Better than watching Gold Coast getting slaughtered.
Whatever makes you feel better

St Kilda = great first half, ordinary second half. Think 27 points probably overstates the game somewhat but Geelong were the better team. That's the worst kind of result for a team like St Kilda - not really all that close but ensures that the situation doesn't change.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Kilda = great first half, ordinary second half. Think 27 points probably overstates the game somewhat but Geelong were the better team. That's the worst kind of result for a team like St Kilda - not really all that close but ensures that the situation doesn't change.

It just means we'll sack Richo in a month or two, rather than in a week or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Very ordinary win for the lads tonight. Thankfully the stars pulled it together for us
Dangerfield, Ablett, Duncan, Selwood, Taylor very good
O'Connor outstanding tonight

Story of our season. Show something for a half then fold.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
The reason Geelong had more free kicks probably had a fair bit to do with the Saints pretty clearly having a mandate to rough the Cats up and be hard at the man and the contest. Fair play to them too: it seems that a fair few teams have been trying that against Geelong recently (even the Suns had a go at it and were still in the contest until the final quarter), with some having a bit of success with the tactic.

Geelong played like a team that wanted a bruise free four points in the first half and a solid hit out where they were made to work hard for an ultimately comfortable win will probably do them the world of good. It ended up being a pretty stock standard Geelong 2019 win: game still in the balance with the Cats up by 1-2 goals at 3/4 time, before easing away in the last 10-15 minutes of the last quarter to make the win look easier than it was.

And this isn't a coping mechanism in preparation for his departure (at least I don't think it is) and admittedly I'm not keeping as close an eye on the stats as I used to, but if I had to pick a Geelong player to stand up in a scrap like that and drag us over the line, it's Dangerfield every day of the week before Kelly.

I really find it hard to see how Kelly's 2019 has been better than Dangerfield's at all, let alone by as much as the rank and file think (i.e. the consensus is Kelly's the Brownlow favourite and walks in to an on-ball spot in the AA team, while Dangerfield might sneak on to the bench in the AA team if he's lucky and could easily miss out altogether).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back