Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fascination with us? You get to play us twice this year - so there's 8 points and a massive % gain isn't it?

Edit: you did beat us the first time right?
Ikd for some reason your s**t club always seems to treat playing us like its life or death for each player.
Its also a pity you only try for the first month of each season.
I've heard their actually introducing the "April membership" next year so the 400 members won't miss too much of the rugby season.

If you are Jack Martin, why would you stay? He is going to get a good offer no matter what at other clubs, but with a chance of making a success out of his career (even if he meanders along at his current pace). Just like with Lynch, May, Prestia, O'Meara etc. It's brutally harsh but it's true - all the others in their age group that would have lead this group somewhere in the near future has gone, why would he stay? And if someone like Martin bets big on the Suns and stays, you'd hope that's a Kickstarter for the culture, but it could just easily continue and Lukosius leaves for SA next year, and then Ah Chee wants a fresh start after injuries, and Harbrow retires, and Sexton gets a huge offer etc - then the Suns go back to the draft, and Martin is standing there with a 600k contract, but nothing else to show for it.

Not many players are like Lachie Weller who have a burning desire to play for the Suns but I guess that's what makes academies and development into the growth of the game. Maybe the Suns best chance at success will be when the next gen who has grown up there will want to be a part of the club. Vic country lads like McCluggage/Berry in pairs too helps.

If you are Jack Martin, why would you stay? He is going to get a good offer no matter what at other clubs, but with a chance of making a success out of his career (even if he meanders along at his current pace). Just like with Lynch, May, Prestia, O'Meara etc. It's brutally harsh but it's true - all the others in their age group that would have lead this group somewhere in the near future has gone, why would he stay? And if someone like Martin bets big on the Suns and stays, you'd hope that's a Kickstarter for the culture, but it could just easily continue and Lukosius leaves for SA next year, and then Ah Chee wants a fresh start after injuries, and Harbrow retires, and Sexton gets a huge offer etc - then the Suns go back to the draft, and Martin is standing there with a 600k contract, but nothing else to show for it.

Not many players are like Lachie Weller who have a burning desire to play for the Suns but I guess that's what makes academies and development into the growth of the game. Maybe the Suns best chance at success will be when the next gen who has grown up there will want to be a part of the club. Vic country lads like McCluggage/Berry in pairs too helps.
I personally think it's a win-win if he left for a club with their window open.
We both need a fresh start.
Quite a few of the younger brigade in Fiorini, Ainsworth, Bowes, Weller, Ballard, McPherson, Wright are all invested. Rankine re-signing this week shows that it will take time.
The off field set up is 8-9 years late and I don't blame players leaving after 7-8 years and not wanting to endure another rebuild.
Player retention isn't too bad and the main core only left because the injuries and poor recruiting meant we never progressed initially.
I do agree that we need to target country boys. We've actually had / got 7-8 South Australians on our list and not one has wanted to go home either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back