Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Adelaide's second game against the Gold Coast this year... and combined 168 points later...

Another pretty important percentage booster on the teams around them who haven't been fortunate to play the Gold Coast once... let alone twice.

A few more years? Wow, imagine how many hissy fits on the Geelong board will you have had by then??? It's comedy gold. You've had more comebacks than Johnny Farnham, strange cat.
Have a bex and a lie down you seem rather obsessed over me

I was being kindly optimistic when I said a few more years, that would mean your club would still be around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we’ve also won 16 premierships. You guys haven’t even made finals :D

Believe it or not no one gives a * about your 1906-1908 3peat, or the 11 flags pre 1970 or the 15 that are pre-AFL. You have 1 premiership in the AFL era and have been 1 of the 2 standout worst (non expansion club) teams in the past 20 years by a considerable margin. You sucked so bad that you cheated and still came last. Maybe worry about winning some more games before peacocking.

This is a terrible game.
I support the suns getting two priority picks. One after their first pick and one after their second.
That would mean two great kids last year and possibly 3 if not 4 this year.
Gold Coast need to be regularly competitive rather than occasional upsets or small patches. A Gold Coast only expanded ‘veterans list’ of 4 players outside of the cap on $400k or less each would help.
The ground is now a fantastic boutique stadium and would make for a great winter weekender if they become competitive.
Good on the Suns fans that rock up to the ground and these boards.
Great points. Despite the crap on field results, the club is doing a lot of good off the field, but unless wins come all the good work will eventually unravel. The problem is attracting good senior players. There has to be some hope of playing finals. Would Lachie Neale have gone to Brisbane if they were anchored in the bottom two?

Serious question mate, when your useless footy club finally dies, which club will you support?

The lions? Not like there’s any intense rivalry there.
Or perhaps go back to following the Titans full time?
I’m genuinely interested...
Why the fascination with us? You get to play us twice this year - so there's 8 points and a massive % gain isn't it?

Edit: you did beat us the first time right?

Last edited:
Believe it or not no one gives a fu** about your 1906-1908 3peat, or the 11 flags pre 1970 or the 15 that are pre-AFL. You have 1 premiership in the AFL era and have been 1 of the 2 standout worst (non expansion club) teams in the past 20 years by a considerable margin. You sucked so bad that you cheated and still came last. Maybe worry about winning some more games before peacocking.
Don’t you start your club has only 1 AFL flag yourself since you’ve been in the comp. You were also a laughing stock from about 2009-2012 as you actually had to put seat covers over footy park cause no one would turn up. Even when we’re on the bottom we still can pull a home crowd bigger than you guys when your on the top.

Btw I’m sure you get a lot of pride yourself about telling Crows fans about the 32 flags you won playing against whoop whoop

Not really, I’d just really like to see the suns given a realistic chance to succeed. Some of their problems are self inflected and many are a result of AFL administration not recognising challenges in the GC market. I think it is fair to address geographically specific challenges. Don’t you?
It's a full rebuild and we'll be right.
Drafting is the only way we can get A graders and that takes time.
Despite the 9 lean years only 1 player hasn't signed a 2nd contract or extended their first.
This rebuild has better starting pieces, top facilities and no Scott Clayton to f*** up the picks. We draft the talent they'll stay at first.
There's genuine interest as we saw in 2014 our only half decent year. Crowds over 20K.
I'd draw a picture for some of the numpties on this thread if I could. We'll be OK.

Don’t you start your club has only 1 AFL flag yourself since you’ve been in the comp. You were also a laughing stock from about 2009-2012 as you actually had to put seat covers over footy park cause no one would turn up. Even when we’re on the bottom we still can pull a home crowd bigger than you guys when your on the top.

Btw I’m sure you get a lot of pride yourself about telling Crows fans about the 32 flags you won playing against whoop whoop
Hang on,I thought we we were on the same team. Haha.

I get that you just want Adelaide's pick to be as far down as possible but if you think multiple first rounders is the solution you've missed the last 8 years of their existence.
I’d be just as happy if the AFL announced the next two rather than this one. It’s not about Adelaide, the only reason I suggested this year as they got two rippers in last years draft. I also suggested the ‘veterans list’ to help with leadership, young player protection and general experience.

I reckon with the way the current fixture is set up a it's an interesting argument re: "disadvantaging other clubs" with priority picks and so on for the Suns.

If you play the Suns twice as a top 6 contender, that's huge. Compare that to the competitiveness of the Saints tonight. So is it more disadvantageous to the competition to give the Suns an extra pick and salary cap stuff etc, or is it more unfair to have 5 clubs play them twice (3-4 of which probably won't do damage in the season), 2 of who are top 4 contenders? There is always going to be a poorest team in the comp, a wooden spooner, but they are something else right now. Poor skills, poor fitness, off-field they have struggled with injuries for years, incredible lack of defensive awareness, mismatches, requiring their most skilled outside player to play key/third defender for a lot of the crows forward 50s, last week the Suns had 17 men in their defensive 50 and Lambert still took an uncontested chest mark with no one near him to even pressure him a little!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back