• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port-Adelaide-vs-Brisbane.png
2.PNG
1.PNG
delaide area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers developing during the morning. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h turning southwesterly 25 to 30 km/h in the evening.
Where and when: Adelaide Oval, Sunday, July 14, 4.10pm ACST
TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide
What it means for Port Adelaide:
This is a chance for the Power (seventh, 8-7) to show their Showdown smashing of Adelaide wasn't a fluke and prove they can be a serious premiership threat.
What it means for Brisbane: The Lions can consolidate a spot in the top four by winning back-to-back matches on the road after last weekend's impressive victory against Greater Western Sydney.
The stat: Lions midfielder Lachie Neale has found plenty of the ball against the Power. Neale averages 37.2 disposals per game in his past five matches stretching back to 2016. He had 43 touches and eight clearances in their 17-point win in round three.
The match-up: Charlie Dixon v Harris Andrews
Andrews is now the No.1 key defender in the competition having overtaken West Coast's Jeremy McGovern, and is 27th overall in the Official AFL Player Ratings. The Lions fullback will give Dixon – the second-ranked key forward at the Power and 219th overall – everything he can handle.
It's a big week for: Charlie Cameron
The Lions' excitement machine will love nothing more than to celebrate his 100th AFL game with a huge victory at his former home ground. Cameron showed glimpses of his potential when he played at Adelaide Oval every second week, but the former Crow has taken his game to another level at the Lions.
689730_ll.jpg

Big call: After being well held by Harris Andrews for most of the game, Charlie Dixon stands up with a huge goal with less than two minutes on the clock as the Power gets over the line.
Prediction: Power by two points
Source: AFL Website

Looking forward to this one. Was definitely game of the round to watch this week until the cracker last night with Essendon and North.

I must admit I still didn’t think much of Brisbane until last week, they are a genuine top 4 team. Great to see after the last few years.

I think with Boak back in that the power just get over the line.

Power by 3 points

These clubs had a real opportunity to build a rivalry from 2001 - 2004. Both had terrific runs with Brisbane winning the three flags and Port only winning the one. Onfield problems from both clubs could not sustain a performance based rivalry.
Hopefully the building list of both teams can see Port and Brisbane develop an onfield rivalry over the next few years!
Carn the Pear!

These clubs had a real opportunity to build a rivalry from 2001 - 2004
It started from day 1 more or less, with a a couple draws or so.

My favourite rivalry for us. Has been some amazing games with both sides enjoying success.

My favourite goal came against the Lions at the Gabba with a Motlop special. The minor premiership clashes were epic.

Similar playing styles over the years too.

Pretty banged up Lions travelling away from home 2 weeks in a row against two quality teams.

This is a massive ask today, wouldn’t be surprised to see a big 40-60 point loss. Surely Port can’t lose this one?

one of the better games of this round and no pre game (free to air) show no talk at all on the telly once again the afl have failed to be fair to all clubs this is disgusting.and it is unfair for clubs to build support.if you sit down and calculate how much tv time and pre game shows are spent just on collingwood you would spew in your breakfast!!! and in this age of technology the more you are in the kids/parents face with the media the brain automatically thinks collingwood i know international ppl that work in advertising and media and they can see clearly what they are trying to do (small scale propaganda to influence first thoughts) there has been hundreds of studies done on this over centuries!!! for the afl to have meetings behind close doors talking about media direction and how they can make agreements with share holders/clubs/private investors to get the Victorian teams on the best time slots all year.so when kids turn on the telly 80% of the time only a few clubs have the most tv time!! this needs to be reviewed by a independent investigator to review it all.And to add why dont we have a AFL house in each capital city because im pretty sure its a national competition ?? Then also they would not be so out of touch with the ppl and the grassroots football simple :)first they turned the state of S.A against each other by public saying port magpies have applied for a AFL license.they did not have to do that but they orchestrated the whole thing while they knew completely what would happen.And we all know how that went down.AFL you are worse then a organised criminal syndicate you know how much influence you have and you use it as leverage which is illegal,you are the so called custodians of the game.well step up and fix this before you lose numbers around the country.i love footy and you guys grind my gears be fair because the truth is W.A S.A N.T and Q.L.D have produce some of the best footy players to play our game/not your game AFL just to name one ken farmer 1417 goals 224 games hardly spoke about in the game/jack owens 817 goals 177 games.i can name plenty more even in the modern game.im just sick of it i try and watch port play and all this stuff get magnified by all there little comments and having all these old vfl players on media arrrrr anyway we are port Adelaide and we will win by 2 points today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back