Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
I know he’s been crook, and I don’t want want to disrespect someone who has been undisputedly one of the best and most consistent performers of the modern era, but when the chips are down and there is a genuine contest happening, Kennedy for mine just comes across as someone who thinks things are just going to happen for him because he’s a good mark and a reliable kick whose kicked a lot of goals over the years
You couldn't be more wrong about JK. When up & about he actually plays a lot of contested footy even if not necessarily kicking a bag, and creates goals for other players. Wonder how many WCE games you have really watched if you have that opinion?

Shaks

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Pies should give credit to freo for lulling the eagles into thinking this was going to be a cakewalk. 91 point loss was all part of the plan to ensure a pies win. Well done us.
I guess that's the type of noble goals that Freo exist for.To get flogged!

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Why? I’d argue the dogs premiership of 16 or the tigers of17 was worth any of the eagles. Such a banal fan experience, they’ve not earnt a single one.
Didn't like losing the GF last year obviously. Stupid comment!. Every team who wins a flag deserves it - you just have to be in front when it counts. You only won tonight by a point you know. Sometimes one needs to learn to be gracious - whether winning or in defeat. Congrats on your win tonight - it was a good match and one team had to win and one had to lose although for awhile there in the last quarter thought it was going to be a draw! I bit my fingernails down to the bone☺️!

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
impressive gutsy win, good standard game overall

pies do seem to travel well, shame i didn't consider it when tipping
I had a feeling this would be the outcome as felt Collingwood were due for a win and would be smarting after last weeks loss, and we were probably due for a loss. Of course I was hoping that my gut feeling would be wrong🤔

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
How, both teams each had 7 players missing from the Grand Final
Your inclusions from that GF side are names like Nic Nat, Gaff and Cameron kicking 4 goals.

Our inclusions were Crocker, and guys like Noble and Quaynor playing their first and second game.

There is a difference between the quality.

ShaunWCEFC

All Australian
Jan 22, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Your inclusions from that GF side are names like Nic Nat, Gaff and Cameron kicking 4 goals.

Our inclusions were Crocker, and guys like Noble and Quaynor playing their first and second game.

Yes I agree with you, but your side tonight is no way a reserves team

Jul 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nic Nat being underdone would have told on him at the end - wasn't really surprised he ran out of gas. Congrats on your win in any event - next time we meet lets hope the results reversed?

who are the 2 beginner kids you're talking about? If you're talking about Nelson & Cole - not real beginners??
Collingwood had Moore off and two kids Noble and Quaynor on debut and 2nd game. Langdon and Howe out. And they kept eagles to 1pt in last 50 minutes. Eagles should hang their heads.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast

Nic Nat only playing his 3rd game back from an ACL though so was obviously underdone, and you could include Barrass in that as well as also a bit underdone after a long layoff with injury, and Cameron is still a youngster learning the caper at AFL level So wouldn't say we were at full strength by any means, and then Cripps going down during the game didn't help as he's very important to our forward structure.

Just thought we looked out on our feet in that last quarter - why is the big question and something for Simmo to address.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Collingwood had Moore off and two kids Noble and Quaynor on debut and 2nd game. Langdon and Howe out. And they kept eagles to 1pt in last 50 minutes. Eagles should hang their heads.

Agreed.
We s**t the bed for whatever reason.

Was an absolute disgrace of a loss.

No excuses...you guys capitalised on our s**t game.
Congrats on the win.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess that's the type of noble goals that Freo exist for.To get flogged!

This bogan from mandurah obviously didnt get my point. Let me try again.....

Much like the great pumpkin in the White house, selfless, compasionate and humble, the Dockers have happily sacrificed a derby win for the greater good of the Afl.

Ross the Exalted with his fine display of 6d chess completely bamboozled the eagles who viewed a 91 point win in the derby as, 'The highlight of their year that even a flag wont top.'

So to Collingwood and all the other flag contenders we say, You're Welcome.

Kind Regards,

Fremantle the hospitable club and Ross the Benevolent.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I agree with you, but your side tonight is no way a reserves team
No, of course not. We were missing a handful, but by no means was it our reserves side as quoted above. I honestly viewed it as Bucks conceding the 4 points when he named a debutant for the second week in a row, brought in Crocker, and gave Howe and Adams another week’s break.

It was just a massive backs against the wall win for the Pies without the 3-4 starting 22s we’d have liked in.
Nic Nat only playing his 3rd game back from an ACL though so was obviously underdone, and you could include Barrass in that as well as also a bit underdone after a long layoff with injury, and Cameron is still a youngster learning the caper at AFL level So wouldn't say we were at full strength by any means, and then Cripps going down during the game didn't help as he's very important to our forward structure.

Just thought we looked out on our feet in that last quarter - why is the big question and something for Simmo to address.
By no means were you at full strength, and whilst your points are valid, I named those guys because one had 28 hitouts and 11 clearances, one has 32 touches, and one kicked 4 goals compared to our two kids had 18 possessions and 11 possessions and Crocker had a stinker with 10 possessions, giving away 3 frees.

Anyway, it wasn’t so much personnel as it was structure and workrate that dictated the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back