• Draw

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I POSTED THIS EARLIER IN THE WC THREAD

I hope I am wrong but we will lose tonight as a structured loss AND I"M GOING TO BET ON IT FOR INSURANCE REASONS
(Feel Free to Roast Me) Read below if you want to find my reasons.

I hate to be saying this but Collingwood have more to lose than we do and Simpson doesn't like being the favourite of the comp both in the past and in the present when we bombed in 2015 and won in 2018.

Terry Wallace even thinks we are the favs.
Terry Wallace names his two Grand Finalists as things stand
"I think they can get themselves a top two position."
www.sen.com.au www.sen.com.au
TLDR: Wallace has named Westcoast vs Richmond for the GF Quinella with Westcoast the Premiers

We are now widely being talked about as the media's Flag Fav's in Victoria after last weeks game. The betting circles took us from $6.5 last week for the premiership to $3.7 during the week now $4.

To put that into context, last year I put a bet on WC to win the flag after Richmond's shock loss to Collingwood in the prelims.
That bet was a huge punt with a stake of $620 @$4.5 and WC had already made it to the Prelims. They just needed to get thru Melb (in Perth) and Collingwood (MCG) at the time. The punt came off which put almost $2800 back into the account and paid for flights to London, Berlin and Prague which I booked and left within 5 days of the win.

We are now a shorter odds to win the Flag than we were < a week before the Grand Final last year. From a punting perspective that is an outrageous proposition.

So I'm going to say that we will lose against Collingwood and keep our powder dry for the finals. It won't be a transparent loss (or Simpson will cop it) but it will be something like a close 3 quarters and the fourth will be where we come undone with the players losing control due to tiredness and possibly overtraining or playing out of position.

Has anyone seen any videos from training this week? Is it suspicious that our two outs are from training injuries and we have no video of training on Snapchat or twitter which could mean anything but I suspect a brutal training sess or two.

We know Mick Malthouse used to overtrain the players to force a controlled loss and he coached us to two GF wins.

I hope I am wrong but with betting at over $3 (3.4-3.75) for Collingwood to win I'm putting an insurance bet on the Pies to pay for my 10 pints of beer I will need to cry myself to sleep after losing to Collingwood. If WC win my $30 punt to the bookmakers will be a word of warning to me overthinking a game we should win.

Winner of tonights game wins the flag

Met round 17 at the G last year, WCE won, goes on to win the Prem. Pies win in round 17 at Optus, goes on to win Prem?

Dunno. Winner should be flag favourites though. They'll playoff in the Granny again.
Collingwoods form would have to turn dramatically if they are to make the grand final.

It’s a Friday game in Perth. So the commentary is going to be at an all time low. Thankfully Pav works for Foxtel and not 7.

Imagine Zemplas and Pav at the same time...
BC070A75-1059-42A3-A21D-AB31B190067D.jpeg

Not enough room unless you have imax - thats why they are on different stations

Think too many people are writing Collingwood off too early.

Think West Coast by 22, but will only get beyond a 10 point margin either way in the last few minutes.

I hope I am wrong but we will lose tonight as a structured loss AND I"M GOING TO BET ON IT FOR INSURANCE REASONS

I hate to be saying this but Collingwood have more to lose than we do and Simpson doesn't like being the favourite of the comp both in the past and in the present when we bombed in 2015 and won in 2018.

TLDR: Wallace has named Westcoast vs Richmond for the GF Quinella with Westcoast the Premiers

We are now widely being talked about as the media's Flag Fav's in Victoria after last weeks game. The betting circles took us from $6.5 last week for the premiership to $3.7 during the week now $4.

To put that into context, last year I put a bet on WC to win the flag after Richmond's shock loss to Collingwood in the prelims.
That bet was a huge punt with a stake of $620 @$4.5 and WC had already made it to the Prelims. They just needed to get thru Melb (in Perth) and Collingwood (MCG) at the time. The punt came off which put almost $2800 back into the account and paid for flights to London, Berlin and Prague which I booked and left within 5 days of the win.

We are now a shorter odds to win the Flag than we were < a week before the Grand Final last year. From a punting perspective that is an outrageous proposition.

So I'm going to say that we will lose against Collingwood and keep our powder dry for the finals. It won't be a transparent loss (or Simpson will cop it) but it will be something like a close 3 quarters and the fourth will be where we come undone with the players losing control due to tiredness and possibly overtraining or playing out of position.

Has anyone seen any videos from training this week? Is it suspicious that our two outs are from training injuries and we have no video of training on Snapchat or twitter which could mean anything but I suspect a brutal training sess or two.

We know Mick Malthouse used to overtrain the players to force a controlled loss and he coached us to two GF wins.

I hope I am wrong but with betting at over $3 (3.4-3.75) for Collingwood to win I'm putting an insurance bet on the Pies to pay for my 10 pints of beer I will need to cry myself to sleep after losing to Collingwood. If WC win my $30 punt to the bookmakers will be a word of warning to me overthinking a game we should win.
tl;dr

West Coast will win, by plenty.

Pies to play a whole new way...fast ball movement, with low laSer entries into F50, negating WCE intercepting defenders. Intercept marking off HB will be a niil all contest this time. No more bombing into our F50 and gifting the ball to McGovern, Barrass, Hearn etc. Back to 2018 levels of pressure on the ball carrier. JDG, Jamie Elliott, WHE to benefit immensely from fast ball movement and Crocker to lead fast and frequently to create space. Cox to thump the ball to ground at every opportunity, but also to lead out like Crocker and create space for our forwards as 2 WC defenders will have to follow him. IQ and Noble to rebound with high speed off the back half, and our mids to run aggressively, and fearlessly, through the corridor whenever.
Result: either: WCE by 40 or Pies by 40. Don't think it will be close. Whichever way the risks shake out.
That's what Freo tried last week. Doesn't work anymore as WC pressure the ball carrier then slingshot ball forward when it's turned over and with all the lightning fast small forwards it's very hard to shut that down

Even if true this is not the game to do it as a win could put them 2 wins ahead of 3rd

Collingwood with their back against the wall, they will be up for the challenge. Mason Cox to finally stop living off that prelim game and kick a couple snags.

Still not good enough for the win

Eagles by 25 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re paranoid

Thought the Pies would respond last week after the s**t show against Norf - wrong. Very wrong. Hoping it's a delayed response and Eagles get flogged. ____________.

Thought the Pies would respond last week after the s**t show against Norf - wrong. Very wrong. Hoping it's a delayed response and Eagles get flogged. ____________.
I think this is what most Eagles fans worry about.

I predict Pies will come out flying and kick the first few goals but Eagles will steady the ship and pinch it at the end.

Wait. That sounds familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back