Game Day AFL 2019 Round 17: Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, 3:20 pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Western Bulldogs < 10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Bulldogs 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Melbourne < 10 pts

• Melbourne 10 - 30 pts

• Melbourne > 30 pts

• Draw

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of delay between the apparent 'infringement's and the whistle going off, almost as if the crowd going bananas at every tackle has an impact on their decisions. woeful umpiring, worst of the round.
It’s shocking but not worse (so far) then the Geel/StK last night. That was woeful

The fact that Leigh Matthews is still allowed to perpetuate ignorance with respect to the rules just boggles the mind. For 20 years he has spent his time in the commentary box complaining about umpiring decisions all the while having no idea what the individual rules are.

The free against Gawn was 100% correct. In a centre bounce, boundary throw in or around the ground stoppage, a ruckman can not extend his arm to the horizontal so as to create space. There are plenty of ways to use your body, you just can not extend your arm like Gawn did. Plenty of ruckman have been penalised in this manner all season. It's the freaking rule. For Leigh Matthews to say it's a "terrible" decision does such a disservice: to the game; to the umpires; to the fans.

No wonder so many ITT complained about an obvious free against Gawn.

Geez going to be tough with two good miss out.

Dunkley is a freak. 22 touches and 9 tackles to halftime

Deelighted

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
The umpiring has been awful though I'm not sure either team has gotten a decided advantage from it. Poor decisions leading to goals at both ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DrPowellPepper

All Australian
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Spurs
Sorry to break it to you. Bont running around

Perhaps clarify it in your post. Came off wrong

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Learn to take a joke
Just keep booing the umpires when ur winning the free kick count 14-11 but losing the inside 50s

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
I am a Neutral. Game as poorly umpired as any I have seen all year. AFL what are you doing. Gawn free kick was absurd. If there is a rule against what he did it makes a sham of supposed "ruck craft" This game is almost completely non contact now. Anyway hope second half is as good as 1st half but I have no doubt the umpires will continue to confuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back