Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 18: Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne, 7:25pm AEST Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

17.4.3 Free Kicks - Ruck Contests
A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick in a Ruck contest against a Player where the Player:

(c) holds or blocks an opposition Ruck;

This is a blocking free that has been paid 3-4 times per game in 2019.

If you are unaware of it in Round 17, what have you been watching?

Are you sure? You know what football is?

Helloooo?? Norf fans... where arrrrreeeee yooooouuuu?

They've moved onto the Hodge shepherding non-decision as the reason why the AFL are cheats and rigged the game via the umpiring so the Lions would win because they hate North Melbourne for not moving to the Gold Coast.

Zorko really is a disgusting campaigner, not only diving around for frees, has to resort to scratching blokes as well. According to inside thources at the NMFC, the digging is on the scar on Simpkin's leg from his TAC Cup year leg break.

Classy stuff.

You mean that thug Simpkin who viciously belted Neale at least four times in the first quarter? The same Simpkin who gave away five free kicks for this type of violent, undisciplined behaviour? Copped his right whack.

I think the immediate silence pretty much says it all. It’s the longest I’ve loitered in a main board game day thread... it’s been one hell of a read, sad to see it end

It’s understood a ‘block’ is defined by the position of the arm. If the ruckman’s arm is straight, that’s an illegal block. But if it’s bent, it should be play on.

I've never noticed the phrase, "it is understood" in any of the rules of the game. They're making it up as they go along. Is it any wonder there is confusion?

You mean that thug Simpkin who viciously belted Neale at least four times in the first quarter? The same Simpkin who gave away five free kicks for this type of violent, undisciplined behaviour? Copped his right whack.

67a72ea336f5b998520f7a77ee1bb199.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they think the umpiring in the Lions game was one-sided, they are going to Optus Stadium against Eagles.

The likes of Roosurgence & JeanLucGoddard may not make it past quarter time.
We will be fine. Unlike your mob they will most likely belt us and not need a leg up.

I just want to know how you guys are going to fare when the preferential treatment disappears in a final?

I can’t see you getting a lopsided 10-1 free kick count in a quarter to make you competitive ;)

We will be fine. Unlike your mob they will most likely belt us and not need a leg up.

I just want to know how you guys are going to fare when the preferential treatment disappears in a final?

I can’t see you getting a lopsided 10-1 free kick count in a quarter to make you competitive ;)

Once again you are talking s**t, WE HAVE THE SECOND MOST FREES PAID AGAINST US.

"Oh you guys get preferential treatment" stop talking out your ass and accept your team is just below us.

The ongoing pain being suffered by the Norf supporters is delicious. It's always good to beat an opposition team, but this last win just keeps on giving. The only thing more splendid than their pain is their complete impotence to do anything about the underhand arrangement Brisbane made with the umpiring panel, to bring about exactly the sort of outcome which occurred on the weekend.

It's costing us a shitload of money, but its worth it, if only for the delight we can take over those professional whingers' apoplexy. That this has continued so far into this week is a huge bonus.

We will be inking a further agreement with the umpiring panel just before the finals. They seem to think we should pay more for a premiership.

Hey Brisbane people, TheBrownDog in particular, thanks for posting the talking footy clip.

I've been looking for an actual statement on the ruck free kick- like the one given from Thompson.

Please note I'm not disputing the call I think the frees that have been given in the ruck this year are silly beyond measure, it's just been really annoying me that the media is saying the AFL have said they got it wrong, and yet there's been no actual statement from the desk of Gil.

If anyone knows if this has been seen anywhere I'd appreciate the link.
I'd hate to think the afl media are making baseless claims!

Have a look at Browns leg, looks like he got hit by a truck. No diving to see here though.

Also notice Shaun "You cost us the game" Higgins happily clapping the decision.
"Hit by a truck"

Just like big spud Frankenstein mcinerney?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back