Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 18: Fremantle vs. Sydney Swans, 6:10pm AWST Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I like to gamble on the afl games, so was particularly interested in this game when the total points was set at 142.5. Checked weather forecast and no torrential rain expected, but loaded up in on the under anyway because of these two teams.

I was home by quarter time. If only Brisbane had put North away like they should have.

Anyway, main point is I suppose that the game is supposed to be entertaining. Freo and Sydney can be involved in high scoring games, but they’re few and far between and their DNA is shitty and defensive. I was astounded that Longmire was considered a great get for the clubs without a coach because his style of footy is crappy. Lyon too - who chases him if freo decide (rightly) to get rid?

Won a flag, made 3 grand finals, never missed the finals and has one of the greatest winning percentages of all time for a coach. He's not exactly s**t.

Meh...he's still stuck in 2012 where scoring 75 was a winning score.

Over him, why we resigned him...if we miss getting Shaw back or Dew, won't be happy. Although if the alternative is Kirk, he's better.

Fair result in the end. Sydney in for a miserable 3 years with Longmire at the helm

In for the long... mire?

badum-tish-gif-5.gif

Pav: “Both teams should be proud of their effort”.

No. Maybe their actual attempt at trying, but their delivery was ******* woeful. 52-51 is fortuitous because the game is close, but its objectively a disaster as entertainment.

Gee, unlucky bloods, swans, Sydney, South Melbourne. You were very lippy a few hours ago. I

Unlucky? I'm happy.

Winning at this stage serves very little purpose, this locks in a top 5 pick. I'm over the moon to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only plus side, looks like Sydney is getting a good draft pick this year. That Kemp guy looks promising.

In before we take some half back flanker come midfielder...or take Kemp and play him in the back pocket for 3 years!

Surely Carlton are not that stupid to consider Lyon as a coach for 2020? Watching Fremantle is nigh on impossible, it's torture... a horrible footy team.

If they are, can we get their current coach please!

I support Hawthorn, so have no affiliation with either side, but if the ball doesn’t go the required distance, and it’s blatantly obvious that it didn’t, why is the player catching the ball given the benefit of the doubt. I saw the last 3 minutes of this game (and it seems I should be thankful that’s all I saw), but I saw a contest in the middle that should have 100% gone to the Swans, but the umpire was too cowardly to pay a free kick, and then saw a ball go up in the air in the Swans forward pocket, the umpire call “play on play on” as it had gone about 3 metres , and the Freo player grab it and make ZERO attempt to dispose of it. The Freo guy would have to have Donald Trump-like intelligence to not know it hadn’t gone the required distance, but the umpire once again lost his nerve and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He had prior and didn’t dispose of it. Should have been holding the ball every day of the week.

I can’t stand the sanctimonious Swans, but they were robbed of at least a draw in this one

I support Hawthorn, so have no affiliation with either side, but if the ball doesn’t go the required distance, and it’s blatantly obvious that it didn’t, why is the player catching the ball given the benefit of the doubt. I saw the last 3 minutes of this game (and it seems I should be thankful that’s all I saw), but I saw a contest in the middle that should have 100% gone to the Swans, but the umpire was too cowardly to pay a free kick, and then saw a ball go up in the air in the Swans forward pocket, the umpire call “play on play on” as it had gone about 3 metres , and the Freo player grab it and make ZERO attempt to dispose of it. The Freo guy would have to have Donald Trump-like intelligence to not know it hadn’t gone the required distance, but the umpire once again lost his nerve and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He had prior and didn’t dispose of it. Should have been holding the ball every day of the week.

I can’t stand the sanctimonious Swans, but they were robbed of at least a draw in this one

Did he have prior opportunity?

Clearly only saw the last 3 minutes. Rosebury was doing a hatchet job on Lyon for the previous 120 minutes

Walters is a star, but he really needs to stop playing for frees and taking dives. It takes him out of the contest and will be costly at some stage

Yes be thankful it was all you saw. Horrendous foot and hand skills from both sides and so many balls lobbed into forward 50 rather than penetrating kicks to the open player. By the time the ball got to the target, the defender had ample time to close in.

This game highlighted why these two teams are ranked in double digits in the standings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back