Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 18: Richmond vs. Port Adelaide 1:45pm AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be in the minority but that 50 against Westhoff serves him right for being stupid. The ball was going out on the full. He punched it. If the ball was in play, it would have been deliberate. It was JUST over the line and the rule ALWAYS has been that if you punch the ball away after it goes out of bounds, it is a 50m penalty.

It went out of bounds, he punched it away. Technically correct call. s**t rule, but right interpretation.

I don’t really mind Duursma’s bow and arrow celebration. If he wants to do that when he kicks a goal, then so be it. That is, if he can handle the negative attention he’s going to get from the opposition crowd for doing so. Freely expressing yourself like that may lead to the crowd freely expressing themselves towards you, and they may see that celebration as a taunt instead of your regular celebration

The bow and arrow once again emphasises that Port all show, no substance. 6 goals down now. Book your September holidays.

I’d actually say the opposite, we need far more of it. Duursma is a confident young lad and if the club as a whole had his mentality and stopped bowing down to our opposition we wouldn’t see quarters like that first qtr against Brisbane

Pretty sure Hinkley said himself he will speak to him about the timing of things like that. Personally I'm not a fan of individual celebrations like that, at least get some teammates or the crowd involved, and know the circumstances of the game. He did it 20 points down, what if it was 50 points down? I'm not sure what his teammates would have thought at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back