• Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coll-vs-Richmond.png

2.PNG
1.PNG

Melbourne area

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers from late this morning. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon.

Where and when: MCG, Friday June 26, 7.50pm
TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide
What it means for Collingwood:
The Magpies' season is quickly spiralling out of control. They've lost three of their past four games, two of them by at least 44 points, but a win against the Tigers will keep them in the top four.
What it means for Richmond: The Tigers seems to be timing their run to perfection, and a fifth successive win will lift them back into the top four for the first time since round 10. They also have the chance to gain some belated vengeance for last year's preliminary final drubbing.
The stat: The Pies have smashed the Tigers in their past two clashes, by 39 points in last year's preliminary final and by 44 points in round two, while restricting Damien Hardwick's men to just eight and 10 goals respectively.
The match-up: Tom Lynch v Jordan Roughead
Tigers spearhead Lynch (ranked No. 294 in the Official AFL Player Ratings) is moving into top gear but former Bulldogs big man Roughead (No. 220) has been one of the value recruits of the year. Lynch kicked three goals last time.
It's a big week for: Jason Castagna
The Richmond opportunist has been in good touch with eight goals in his past three games, but in his past two outings against the Pies he has averaged just nine possessions and tallied just one behind. This is his chance to shine against a depleted Collingwood defence.
694987_ll.jpg

Big call: After taking a remarkable piggyback speccy against Greater Western Sydney last week, spring-heeled Magpie Jeremy Howe will, for his next trick, complete a human pyramid screamer.
Prediction: Richmond by 21 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Massive game, plenty at stake for both sides. I’d say it’s a more important game than last years far more heavily hyped home and away game.
Expecting the pies to bring the fight but be a bit patchy in their connection, which will be enough for us to get up by a couple of goals. Could easily go the other way though.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Huge game for both clubs. The winner, will be odds on to stay in the top 4 for the rest of the year and makes the chance of winning a flag a little easier. I<O if the rain comes during the game it should suit the tigers forward line more then the pies. Both clubs have smalls of quality, but Richmond have Jack who even though a tall, loves the wet weather game.

How will Cox handle the wet, that is the biggest question for me?

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Shitting bricks to be honest. Last 2 losses to this mob have left me with nightmares. Their game against GWS last week has me even more concerned and know they will want to make amends. Not sure why people are so quick to write them off they are a talented side. Just hope my boys come to play

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Biggest game of the season so far this one, the hatred between the 2 clubs is well known. A wounded pies team is always a dangerous prospect however the giant is awakening just in time for spring. It should be a beauty however revenge is a dish best served cold, and it’s gonna be real cold tonight.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Huge game for both clubs. The winner, will be odds on to stay in the top 4 for the rest of the year and makes the chance of winning a flag a little easier. I<O if the rain comes during the game it should suit the tigers forward line more then the pies. Both clubs have smalls of quality, but Richmond have Jack who even though a tall, loves the wet weather game.

How will Cox handle the wet, that is the biggest question for me?

Cox can’t handle the dry, so probably won’t make too much difference.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Injuries aside, The Pies are in with a big show tonight, Can't help but feel Richmond are due for a let down after more than a month of excellent, sustained footy.

Also The Pies under Bucks (for whatever reason) often play their best footy when their backs are against the wall, which I can only imagine must be a constant source of frustration to their fans.

This will be a big test.

Yes, Richmond is getting their 'A Team' back together, and have strung a few wins together, but those wins haven't really been all that impressive.
St Kilda & GC aren't massive scalps (although the margin was nice), GWS was clearly going through a flat patch and the win over Port was more just a professional performance by a better side rather than a dominant display that sends a real message.

Don't get caught up in the media hype, they're just doing their usually job of pumping up the tyres to sell papers/get clicks (while praying we fall over so they can push that story next week).

Fact is, we do have a bunch of players back, but in some ways it's like the start of the season. They're still gelling and both coaches and players are still working out how to best play together with this mix. It's good, but not *that* good...At least, not yet.

Collingwood however, for all their talk of injuries are only really missing their midrange/fringe players (yeah, some are good, but they're not the kind of players/positions you build a team around), so, to borrow a phrase, tales of their demise have been seriously exaggerated.

I also think, against the usual run of comments, that wet weather favors Collingwood. With Lynch, Jack and occasionally Chol/Soldo up forward and some very good intercepting defenders, a dry ball shootout could well favor the Tiges.

I'm hopeful of the result, but not in the least bit confident. Richmond by 10.

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Pies supporters claim they are missing half their side. LOL. Let's hope Tiges get back their best in time for Finals, including Rance Caddy McIntosh and Nankervis. Quality over quantity anytime.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Pies supporters claim they are missing half their side.LOL.Let's hope Tiges get back their best in time for Finals, including Rance Caddy McIntosh and Nankervis.Quality over quantity anytime.
You mean the Caddy and McIntosh that are playing VFL this week?

Back