Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The one that gave the Dogs the lead which they would have gotten anyway because they had 99% of the play by that point.
They may or may not have won that game without the questionable umpiring decisions (I mean we were two men down, it would have been unlikely we would have held on), but the decisions were a decisive part of that last quarter. Most of the Dogs goals came from free kicks in the last quarter.

Always the umpires fault of course it’s never because the better team outplayed you

Typical hawks
I think you'll find most Hawthorn fans saying we probably would have lost the game anyway. Doesn't take away from the bad umpiring decisions. Any neutral fan (non-Hawthorn, Dogs, Bombers or Cats fan) can see that.

Clearly heard before it touched his boot. Assuming it's synced, the siren went first. However I think the qtr only ends when the umpire acknowledges the siren by blowing the whistle. I can't remember the rule exactly.

Edit: I checked, and the play ends when the umpire hears the siren. So the goal should not have been allowed.
AFL needs a clock to countdown, synced with the vision, as this current rule is obviously too subjective. It needs to be done like the end of an nba game. Can you imagine a grand final being decided by a player kicking the ball as the siren sounds?

This is just wrong. Was at worst as ball was leaving boot... I rewatched it a dozen times trying to pin point. And the umpire most definitely hasn't heard or signalled when the kick is done. A goal every day.

This is just wrong. Was at worst as ball was leaving boot... I rewatched it a dozen times trying to pin point. And the umpire most definitely hasn't heard or signalled when the kick is done. A goal every day.

This is exactly why we need a shot clock type system. I think the siren goes as he drops it onto the boot, you think otherwise. Now imagine a finals game being decided by this

They may or may not have won that game without the questionable umpiring decisions (I mean we were two men down, it would have been unlikely we would have held on), but the decisions were a decisive part of that last quarter. Most of the Dogs goals came from free kicks in the last quarter.
2 of the 9 goals did, 3 if you include Macrae's but that wasn't directly from the free.

That includes Sicily's very clear free on Gowers in the last minute, Silicy's free on Schache (very harsh) and Worpel not getting out of the centre circle when he was instructed to.

Far from 'most' of the goals we piled on.

Cool.

Can you show me where that's ever been "paid"?

Worpel's just finished discussing the hit out tactics and is heading to position. The umpire has not moved. The umpire then blows his whistle and claims he "was" moving. He could have given a warning or just advised Worpel - who was clearly just moving to position and not trying to gain advantage. But, no - the umpire pays a free-kick that no - NO ONE - can remember seeing be paid before.

It's not a conspiracy. It's not the determiner of the game - but ffs to claim you wouldn't be pissed off if it happened to your team is just a flat out lie.

You might need to show us other examples of players walking through the circle right before a bounce. All I know is - that it is a rule, even at local level. Not saying I wouldn’t be pissed but that is genuinely a rule of the game.

You might need to show us other examples of players walking through the circle right before a bounce. All I know is - that it is a rule, even at local level. Not saying I wouldn’t be pissed but that is genuinely a rule of the game.
But he's right, we would be pissed off if one of our boys was stupid enough to make that basic error. Worpel stuffed up and Id be pretty pissed too if I was a Hawk, but Id be pissed at Whorpel, not the umpire who did exactly the correct thing, lol.
And to say we scored a goal directly as a result? No English didn't kick a 120m torpedo through the middle. The free kick gave us a kick, whos to say we wouldn't have won the hit out and a midfielder driven it inside 50 for a mark and exactly the same result.

But he's right, we would be pissed off if one of our boys was stupid enough to make that basic error. Worpel stuffed up and Id be pretty pissed too if I was a Hawk, but Id be pissed at Whorpel, not the umpire who did exactly the correct thing, lol.
And to say we scored a goal directly as a result? No English didn't kick a 120m torpedo through the middle. The free kick gave us a kick, whos to say we wouldn't have won the hit out and a midfielder driven it inside 50 for a mark and exactly the same result.
Heard similar after the 2016 Grand Final where Mark Evans from the AFL apparently rang the Swans to apologise for umpires costing the Swans four goals (despite 3 of the contentious free kicks being given in the middle of the ground, not in the forwardline).

It just doesn't work like that and if you think it does, you don't understand football.

The free against Sicily was as bad as you'll see no one can defend that rubbish. That one call has directly cost a team a game.

good to see neutral supporters actually speaking truth, not just this sweep the bad decisions under the carpet and move on bullshit

Clearly heard before it touched his boot. Assuming it's synced, the siren went first. However I think the qtr only ends when the umpire acknowledges the siren by blowing the whistle. I can't remember the rule exactly.

Edit: I checked, and the play ends when the umpire hears the siren. So the goal should not have been allowed.
AFL needs a clock to countdown, synced with the vision, as this current rule is obviously too subjective. It needs to be done like the end of an nba game. Can you imagine a grand final being decided by a player kicking the ball as the siren sounds?

Can tell you from being at the ground was 100% a goal no one was arguing it at all.

Can tell you from being at the ground was 100% a goal no one was arguing it at all.

Okay then. I watched the afl highlights, and that seemed to be clearly as he kicked or after, so maybe kayo is slightly out of sync.

I still think there needs to be a shot clock with the umpire responsible for goal reviews.

Similar to Brian Lake when he barreled Riewoldt in the prelim. Be angry at Lake not Riewoldt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay then. I watched the afl highlights, and that seemed to be clearly as he kicked or after, so maybe kayo is slightly out of sync.

Except the fact is the rule states when the ball is bounced, only one player from a team can be inside the circle. The rule is NOT as the umpire moves to bounce the ball, only one player from a team can be in the circle. As such, the ball was never bounced and the free kick cannot be paid according to the rules.

Except the fact is the rule states when the ball is bounced, only one player from a team can be inside the circle. The rule is NOT as the umpire moves to bounce the ball, only one player from a team can be in the circle. As such, the ball was never bounced and the free kick cannot be paid according to the rules.

A delay of game free kick can be paid in that instance?

Heard similar after the 2016 Grand Final where Mark Evans from the AFL apparently rang the Swans to apologise for umpires costing the Swans four goals (despite 3 of the contentious free kicks being given in the middle of the ground, not in the forwardline).

It just doesn't work like that and if you think it does, you don't understand football.
That was my point and yet youre arguing with me? Maybe you misread my post.

I think the Hawks precision will make life a lit harder for the Bulldogs this week. Tipping a dominant win for them.

Sicily to have a field day against a forward line that will have him eager with anticipation.

Worpel needs to maintain his great game last week to keep them in the midfield contest though. No pressure. I don't think they need to win the midfield but they can't be flogged there naturally. A dominant ruck will help.

My interest is in seeing how Scully goes. I take Clarkson's comments onboard, I dont think he's a bullshitter. For Tom's sake I'm just hoping he can produce enough today as a platform to build on in the coming weeks.
Lol

Does anyone other than the Hawks board have the secret footage of the umpires kicking the other 8 last quarter goals for us? Would love to see what all the talk is about.

I would like there to be an inquest in to the incredbly soft front on contact free to Henderson from which he kicked a goal in the third quarter and O'Meara getting away with a blatant holding the ball in the last quarter that ended up with an Isaac Smith goal.

It doesn't matter even if the siren went before he kicked it, the quarter isn't over until the umpire signals it. I thought it was a goal.
Play on hadn't been called, so he's basically just taken the shot he's entitled to take anyway.

It doesn't matter even if the siren went before he kicked it, the quarter isn't over until the umpire signals it. I thought it was a goal.
Small technicality but its over when the umpire hears it rather than signals it - probably because it could take a second or so for him to register and then raise his hands.

Not saying that Gunston's wasn't a goal though, it was fine IMO.

giphy.gif

all this bitching and moaning, get over it, you have up a 5 goal lead. your team blew it

Back