Votes: 1 5.3%
  • North Melbourne > 30 pts

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughable hawks supporters whinging bout umps...

Already forgot #freekickhawthorn have we?

Citing #freekickhawthorn like it was a real thing and not a product of jealously for a team attempting four flags in a row automatically qualifies you as a mentally defective sheep.

Once your club has won its first flag, you'll get a small glimpse of the tall poppy syndrome that generated the bullshit that was #freekickhawthorn.

So if it's the free kick count that matters, why did Hawthorn fans complain today? :think: Looks even to me?

Oh let me guess, you were one of the clowns booing the non-HTB calls today that if you had a clue about the rules, were obvious play-ons.
Or whinging that a player can't just put the ball on the ground when it's a free to the other side "because they weren't sure".
Shut up DH :rolleyes:

So if it's the free kick count that matters, why did Hawthorn fans complain today? :think: Looks even to me?

Thought it was pretty even. Some inconsistency on 50s, I complained about at the ground, but I'm sure North fans could find decisions to argue about. Infinitely better umpired than last week.

Of course winning always helps the feeling that you were not ripped off by the umpires :)

Considering my mob who aren't exactly known for attacking footy kicked a cricket score against North I wouldn't be getting too ahead of yourselves. McCarthy kicked 5 against their defence and he's not really been setting the world alight.

One of them is copping your second best small defender. It's a very dynamic forwardline. Not our 13/14/15 but you have two very dangerous players and Gunston is still elite.
Buddy/Roughead/Gunston/Breust/Cyril that was a pretty fair forwardline.

I was pleasantly surprised by the win today. Our top 3 mids (excluding the wings) came into this game with 73, 13 and 9 games each. To come away with a win was a huge effort. North players were constantly able to stand up in the tackle and dish off , which isn't surprising given the physical maturity of their big bodied mids compared to our midfield group. Despite that, we managed to get on top eventually, and clawed back a massive clearance differential from early on in the game. Worpel is still untidy at times, but his ability to compete is first rate for a guy who still has less than 15 games under his belt. Cousins worked his way into the game nicely too, and ended up as our leading inside 50 getter on the ground, and only one less than the leader on the ground which was Higgins with 9.

Thought Impey was relatively poor last week after a good first round, and that he looked like he'd carried over his poor form from the previous week in the opening minutes, but ended up being another great game. Was not only handy defensively, but this time broke the lines well a few times too. Probably on a bit of a learning curve in terms of learning to balance a fairly tight defensive role while also providing run and carry, and today seemed to have measured the balance well.

Henderson making it clear again that he will not be the one considered surplus once Scully is back in full flight. Thought Sicily was a bit subdued early , with perhaps a bit of confidence sapped from the goings on last weekend. Fired up big time in the second half, and made very sure North were not going to run over us the way the Doggies did. Very mature response to what would have been a personally frustrating finish to last week's game.

Hadn't noticed Harry was given a tagging role while watching, but hoped he had been when I saw his possession numbers. Still think he is one of our classier players with ball in hand, but I'm not sure how much longer we can have him in the side without more impact (and while it seems his opponent's impact was somewhat nullified, nowhere near enough to justify his low possession count IMO). I feel similarly about Nash, love his pressure on the defenders, but seems to have a number of holes in his game that could easily be worked on at VFL level as much as at AFL level. Kicking at goal not the least of these. I think its good to be able to play some players for development reasons, but given we're forced to be light on for experience in other parts of the ground out of necessity, I'm not sure we can justify the luxury of continuing to develop Nash in the firsts. Having said all that, this was perhaps his best game of the year so far, so persisting with him does have some logic behind it too.

O'Meara is starting to turn into a Sam Mitchell type of player in terms of consistency of high level performances. A long time since I remember him playing a game I'd consider below average. Will be the up there in the Brownlow if he continues with this level of high level consistency for the year. Might not have a BoG yet this year, but 1 or 2 votes nearly every game might be enough if he does it all season.

Speaking of consistency, if Wingard can do every week what he did in his first game, we are so far ahead on the Wingard vs Burton+Picks deal it isn't funny.

Each win we can get with Shiels and Burgoyne out is a bonus IMO, so happy to pick up the 4 points here. We'll need our mids to over perform next week too if we are going to notch up two wins in a row.

Citing #freekickhawthorn like it was a real thing and not a product of jealously for a team attempting four flags in a row automatically qualifies you as a mentally defective sheep.

Once your club has won its first flag, you'll get a small glimpse of the tall poppy syndrome that generated the bullshit that was #freekickhawthorn.

If it was a real thing then BigFooty would have banned people from trolling it.

Who was the umpire with the deeper voice in this game? Couple times players were yelling and swearing at him and he just calmly said what he thought happened and moved on. Brilliant umpiring.

Much better than those high pitched look at me umpires who scream "don't talk to me like that"

Who was the umpire with the deeper voice in this game? Couple times players were yelling and swearing at him and he just calmly said what he thought happened and moved on. Brilliant umpiring.

Much better than those high pitched look at me umpires who scream "don't talk to me like that"

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Shaun Ryan, the most experienced umpire in the league.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Shaun Ryan, the most experienced umpire in the league.
Nah he's the older bloke, just had a look it was Nicholas Brown. He umpires brilliantly. There was a free where Gunston yelled out 'that's ******* bullshit' and he just calmly replied 'that's how I saw it mate' and moved on.

Respect.

Nah he's the older bloke, just had a look it was Nicholas Brown. He umpires brilliantly. There was a free where Gunston yelled out 'that's ******* bullshit' and he just calmly replied 'that's how I saw it mate' and moved on.

Respect.

Ah right! That's the way it should be. If it goes overboard, then yeah of course you pay a free or 50m, or you'll end up with the BS situations in soccer where players all rush up to the umpire and get in their face.

But hell, let the players show some passion and emotion!

Everyone who's played competitive sport does it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah right! That's the way it should be. If it goes overboard, then yeah of course you pay a free or 50m, or you'll end up with the BS situations in soccer where players all rush up to the umpire and get in their face.

Some of them get up in the players face and are demand an apology or respect or some bullshit. "Don't talk to me like that" etc.

He literally brushed it off, basically said it's all good if you didn't like it, I saw it this way. Didn't make it about himself at all

I think it is pretty clear where the line should be. Saying a decision is bullshit isn't umpire abuse, it is a difference of opinion. Even if you swear when doing it. Telling the umpire he's a ******* dickhead, or other types of personal insult is umpire abuse, and it is fair enough that it should be discouraged with a free/50m penalty. Pretty sure Sicily gave away a 50 last week for a difference of opinion, not umpire abuse.

6 years of the umpires giving them everything under the sun, and now when they don't get looked after it is a problem

It’s funny you actually think that. Hawthorn have never been a high free kick team. Three of the top 10 players in free kicks the last five seasons all play for Geelong.

Looking forward to Hawthorn beating Geelong again and McEvoy running rings around that donkey Rhys Stanley. :)

It’s funny you actually think that. Hawthorn have never been a high free kick team. The top 10 players in free kicks the last five seasons all play for Geelong.

Looking forward to Hawthorn beating Geelong again and McEvoy running rings around that donkey Rhys Stanley. :)
The appropriately named poster is appropriately named.

Back