• Geelong > 30 pts

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing run of good luck stretching back 12 years now

Given 12 years includes a lost prelim and a lost grand final, I'd say all the luck has gone one way in the two most important games over that period (which isn't to say your QF wins were not important, but obviously GF and Prelim out-trumps them).

Um, what?

Mate I’m not talking about Hawthorn games.

Sorry, assumed in a thread about Hawthorn vs Geelong you were talking about Hawks fans complaining about bad luck in losses against Geelong over the years. Didn't help that the guy you were quoting is on my ignore list, so didn't get your quoted context either.

Good game to watch yesterday.

Not so sure about Clarko appearing on the big screen pre game asking us all to be respectful supporters though. Have me a laugh. And what was with Michael Tuck whinging about the umpiring from a game over two weeks ago? Get over it mate!!!

I wonder if that explains the booing against Ablett?

Hawks fans take a lot to get worked up as a group, but we definitely hold a grudge and don't like being told what to do/think by the media/AFL.

Hawks fans take a lot to get worked up as a group,

Second only to Carlton when it comes to how sensitive they are re perceived umpiring persecution in my experience.

To be fair, there was no abuse from the crowd during the little league, so perhaps the "do as I say, not as I do" approach from Al is effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit I’m amazed at hawks ability to bring players in - with all the outs - who are sharp with disposal and regularly hit target in that keepings off style

I assume kicking ability is a non negotiable hawks drafting

I’m struggling to think of hawthorn player with dodgy disposal
Frawley - at least by foot anyway...

The only win Mitchell had for that year was the most important one, he was a premiership captain, despite being close to worst on ground after Ling destroyed him, Mitchell had to make do with trying to maim opponents with his knees and elbows.

On every other metric for the season Gary was doing the pant pulling.

I'll excuse you, you've obviously concussed yourself somehow during the day.

Indeed several ales will do that! ha ha .

They're not evenly spread. Hawks are getting the best of them because the umps are trying to keep them in it. You'd be gone if not for the umps throwing out the HTB rule for you and paying bullshit nothing frees your way.

Got to say, as I have been, for many years on BF , the free kick calling and set up is terrible in our game now.
Not just for Hawthorn and of course Dangermouse , who gets his frees regularly. heh heh!

But seriously Hawks v Geelong I saw a stack of dodgys', and for both sides, but with the free kick and the scores from them, something needs to be changed back to some sense.
I thought the frees were reasonably even in number terms , not sure, but you are right , there were some confusing ones we got, but you'd have to admit the fifty for Dalhaus first quarter when he went to handball the Hawk on the mark run away from his mark and O'Meara jumped onto the mark , got fifty, now under the rules perhaps that was there?

But under common sense , and fairness, what on earth do you get a fifty mtr penalty, for trying to defend.
When a opposition player looks to play on????
Hence my ravings about some of the goals scored from free kicks, Dalhaus probably would have kicked it anyway.

Geelong had in meritorious play, got the ball too him, fine, why does the defending, create a 50m? T
hat is not what they were meant for?
The first thing into my head, first Goal Geelong gets , a free fifty right in front.

Its not about Geelong or Hawthorn , its about our game? And its everywhere!

Not taking it well are you?

Do you need a hug ?
Why people still bother to respond to that troll is beyond me. He actually needs help for his unhealthy hatred.

On another note, not much credit is being given to O'Connor. He is now a fantastic footballer and hasn't been beaten this year. He done a number on Breust which is no easy feat. Got coaches votes too and will keep improving. I heard Scarlo say that the next step in his development is to teach and let him take the game on a bit more. We've seen he's more than capable of run and carry in the VFL so I reckon he's going to turn into a well rounded player.

Him and Miers are our most improved and a big reason we're on the top of the table. Our bottom 6 is what's let us down in previous years but that gap has closed dramatically.

You couldn't remember back that far. I'm sure the cats were all running around in their jockstraps by the end of the game?
Had to be?

I remember Stewie Dew playing the best five minutes in history of football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some humble Geelong posts. Geelong played great. Outplayed us. Wasn’t expecting a win but still dissapointing to have a loss. Worried against Carlton next week.
Come on. You're not that s**t.
Dark day if you reach losing to the Blues shitness.

Both Geelong and Hawthorn had 9 players with under 50 games experience. We've played the entire season with 10. Constable was rested.

The injury excuse is lame.

Back