Votes: 6 50.0%
  • St Kilda > 30 pts

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney and Jones need to be played on ball. Oliver is a bit better on the spread and can be used a bit off the pack.

He tends to rush the handball a bit also so better off with the good handballers in your team to play the grit role.

Problem is you don't have that Gaff or Shiel type to create the run and cause problems for the oher teams structures.
No, Jones does not and should not be played on the ball. He is almost done. He needs to retire at year end or get pushed. Same with Lewis. Oliver also needs to stay as a pure inside ball winner with Viney.

Our issue is purely outside. We’ve got no pace. None. Hunt has pace but no polish. Harmes is great but not quite quick enough. We need a gun outside ball player and have to address it ASAP if we are to improve. We also drafted inside types last year hoping that our game style would hold up.

We are just genuinely slow, lacking defenders, and can’t dispose of it properly.

Heppell and Myers are doing it
They may not be the best in the league, but they're at least freeing up our runners to execute.
Opponents aside, its been a good 3 weeks through the middle, making life easier on our forwards and defenders

Dees have the cattle. Need to find the pressure that undid the cats and hawks in the finals last year
Feels a bit like our 2017, where getting smashed in a final felt an accomplishment rather than sounding alarm bells
The issue is we’ve been worked out. If you apply enough midfield pressure our entries are scrappy and messed up, then well organised defenders farm it out wide to running wingers who stream forward with ease because our defensive zone is dragged up the field.

Not only are we slow. We are dumb.

It's a small part of our issue, but I also think this is a cop out. Other teams still find a way to win even when they aren't 100%, but the way we are coached and setup just simply hasn't allowed us to be in games and get those points on the board.

The only chance we had was on the tiny SCG, where it was small enough that we could defend it. We should lobby to play all our home games there.
The coaching is poor. Basically we need a response from our coaching department against Richmond. Win, lose or draw, it has to change. Goodwin simply needs to be able to identify the issues here.

The coaching is poor. Basically we need a response from our coaching department against Richmond. Win, lose or draw, it has to change. Goodwin simply needs to be able to identify the issues here.
The team still looks so good on paper. Very surprised if they don't work it out especially once Lever and May are back.

Having said that, Dusty looks like he's back to his best and will absolutely rip you guys up.

The team still looks so good on paper. Very surprised if they don't work it out especially once Lever and May are back.

Having said that, Dusty looks like he's back to his best and will absolutely rip you guys up.
Look, it’s never good to use injuries as an excuse, but missing Lever and May is pretty dire. We just need them back. Frost is a third or fourth defender and probably not long before he is delisted.

It’s not the media, it’s our team balance and our coaching. Media has nothing to do with it.

I take your point.
All I’m saying is you ( a team) is never as good as the media say, and also never as bad. They talk some up, and many others down.
I rarely believe a lot of what they write. It’s all opinion anyway.
Good luck for the rest of the season. It’s far from over.

I take your point.
All I’m saying is you ( a team) is never as good as the media say, and also never as bad. They talk some up, and many others down.
I rarely believe a lot of what they write. It’s all opinion anyway.
Good luck for the rest of the season. It’s far from over.
Yeah pretty much this. We've had a bad start to the season but there's still a long way to go. Plenty of time to turn it around and get back into some good form. I'm not thinking of finals at all and I've reevaluated my expectations for the season but I would like to think that we can turn around our form and win more of our remaining games than we lose. I'm looking forward to seeing our response and whether we can turn this around soon.

Yeah pretty much this. We've had a bad start to the season but there's still a long way to go. Plenty of time to turn it around and get back into some good form. I'm not thinking of finals at all and I've reevaluated my expectations for the season but I would like to think that we can turn around our form and win more of our remaining games than we lose. I'm looking forward to seeing our response and whether we can turn this around soon.

Supporters of the Dees and Saints have to be made of stern stuff, I guess we’ll see if your players are too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back