Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m surprised brad Scott’s copping so much heat....granted he’s probably past his use by date But I don’t think people are giving enough credit to how bad norths list is.

It’s horrendous

Jack ziebells their captain and supposed to be one of their best players ffs

Does he not take any blame for their list? Plus he is in his 10th year. Third longest serving current coach (every other coach in the top 7 has coached in a grand final), third longest serving North coach.

After the last 2 weeks performances by Essendon could the Saints be better than most people give them credit for .. :think:

Can we please take Good Friday of North Melbourne

I sign that petition...

But who gets it? Has to be a Victorian game, due to the Good Friday appeal being VIC based.... seeing as it's based around that cause. Geelong/Hawthorn are already on the Monday. Collingwood/Essendon are already on Anzac the week after.

I'm thinking Richmond can be a lock in for it. They don't seem to have marquee games and are an entertaining side to watch.

Team 2 could either be an interstate side with decent following... Adelaide or Sydney. West Coast and Port already have theirs tonight. Or of the Vic teams... potentially Melbourne. Or how about just moving the Richmond/Carlton round 1 game to this round. Surely Carlton will improve within the next 2 years. North are going backwards at a rate of knots!

I can't find the article right now but pre-season there was an article on each teams depth.

Their forward line outside of Brown is nothing. Even in the twos there's only raw kids.

They should have offered Waite another year. He was their most dangerous forward last year and took the heat off Brown.

I sign that petition...

But who gets it? Has to be a Victorian game, due to the Good Friday appeal being VIC based.... seeing as it's based around that cause. Geelong/Hawthorn are already on the Monday. Collingwood/Essendon are already on Anzac the week after.

I'm thinking Richmond can be a lock in for it. They don't seem to have marquee games and are an entertaining side to watch.

Team 2 could either be an interstate side with decent following... Adelaide or Sydney. West Coast and Port already have theirs tonight. Or of the Vic teams... potentially Melbourne. Or how about just moving the Richmond/Carlton round 1 game to this round. Surely Carlton will improve within the next 2 years. North are going backwards at a rate of knots!
I’d rather anyone than tedious big 4

I sign that petition...

Richmond have the season opener, ANZAC Day Eve and Dreamtime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sign that petition...

Essendon Bulldogs. If Norf can't handle it give the dogs a chance.

After the last 2 weeks performances by Essendon could the Saints be better than most people give them credit for .. :think:

Probably but I mean Essendon clearly weren't applying themselves in the first 2 rounds (I'd argue 3 - their Melb win glossed over a lot of defensive efforts) as they are now.

Their midfield spread and forwards work ethic up and down the ground, i.e. things opposition can't control, are a different world now.

Having said that, St Kilda do deserve a lot of respect for managing tight wins as a young group. Lots of glossing over their own injury woes/outs with the midfield and defensive group losing a lot. Full credit to your team.

If anything McKenna's (and to that point, Merrett's) disposal efficiency % numbers are actually understating their skill, rather than overstating as per normal (due to the criteria to constitute an effective kick or handball).

Both are 2 of Essendon's most important playmakers and are given the trust to pull off the 45 degree centering balls.

It's pretty much all defenders in the top 50 for DE% so that gives you an idea of how important DE% is.

But McKenna and Merrett would easily be going at 90% if they just did easy kicks in the back half or long kicks to contests. Instead they do those diagonal kicks or a run and gun kick to try beat the zone - so they will run slightly higher for TO numbers and slightly less for DE% because their role is to take the game on.
This is one of the most astute posts I've read recently 👍

Wouldn't mind Bulldogs/Melbourne getting a go.

Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond all have other games described as blockbusters or stand-alone games. Season opener, ANZAC Day, Easter Monday, Dreamtime, ANZAC Day Eve.

Melbourne gets ANZAC Day Eve, Essendon gets Dreamtime and ANZAC Day Eve. So I guess it might 'even' it up.

If the game still fails to really take off then, have to accept it and go to a big 4 club i.e. Essendon v Dogs.

Like the AFL giving the Good Friday appeal time for Vic though and still giving a reasonably timed game for non Vic clubs too. Ideally it'd be a 7pm game in WA I'd think but hey it's better than what the AFL normally dishes out.

Back