Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This game became insignificant 5 seconds in when Shiel took it from the middle unopposed.. to Fantasia for the first goal. Next week's game is where it's at my friend. Today is a training run for you guys.
You sound very insecure about next week’s match. You’re melting about how good Collingwood are when no one said that Essendon are better than Collingwood.

Over a number of years though. Had a quick look on google and it's actually not that impressive - I assume most sides would have something at least similar to this breakdown. Probably only Crows couldn't claim something like this?
Higgins (pick 11, 2005), Tarrant (pick 15, 2007), Ziebell (pick 9, 2008), Cunnington (pick 5, 2009), Pittard (pick 15, 2009), Polec (pick 5, 2010), Atley (pick 17, 2010), Ahern (pick 7, 2014), Simpkin (pick 12, 2016), LDU (pick 4, 2017)

Essendon had 8 plus a list concession player (Shiel) as far as I can work out, except the majority of those 8 were higher picks than Norths.

10 sounds like a large number but it really doesn't seem like that when you look at it. Although I haven't looked at every team.
Geez that’s a very ordinary haul from the 1st round besides Higgins.

If we're discussing the 'event' put on then deciding who the host of Good Friday is should be entirely based around the fundraising for charity, not the crowd.

If North get a crowd of 35k yet manage to become an important part of the appeal being promoted, then they should retain it imo.

But it's very likely it gets taken off them and I'd struggle to ever see it go back to North/Dogs now.

I totally agree that fundraising is the most important aspect of the day. However, Essendon vs Carlton selling out the G, as well as the silver tail supporters from both clubs, would raise a lot more money.

3 weeks in a row now we've been fortunate enough to play a 'down and out' opponent who just didn't rock up on the day.

Hoping we can get on the board for a legitimate win by playing well in the next few weeks.

Agree. Look forward to Anzac Day to see where we’re at. Today was a deadset training run. And I don’t say that often.

Hosting a day should have nothing to do with the results. It is about the event you can put on. If two clubs run an amazing show in every way other than the game and consistently get around 90k then it is a no-brainer.

That will never be North. However, I think this is a good block buster for them. I think it is Essendon that should go. North should share the day with another minnow club. Try something a little different by making it a home game for both with membership seating around for both clubs and getting them entry.

A genuine 50-50 crowd with either Saints or Doggies. I'd prefer it was North and Doggies.

Essendon has Anzac day and Country game around this time. Do we need to give Kevin Sheedy any more reason to be hobnobbing, drinking red, talking about how footy is the best thing for an important issue? .... unless we always get a post match (and post 3 bottle) interview with Sheeds and BT.
The 2 teams perfect for this day are Melbourne and St.Kilda.
Demons v Saints on the holiest of days, maybe even live stream it into the Vatican with vision of the pope and cardinals waving their flags every time the Saints score a goal.

The AFL should just outright ban players coming into the side at the last minute who werent named.

That's why you have "emergencies".

teams aren't going to worry about a fine if they see it as worth it to gain a little advantage.
Old school football romance, and you want to kill it ! I'm disappointed evo. Nothing better than " the late change" sorry mate, it takes me back to my childhood, driving in with dad and he'd almost drive off the road with "the late change".... * mate ! Come on !

Same thing every year for Essendon, lose a couple games in a poor fashion, backs against the wall, beat up on a couple of poor / out of form teams and then back to reality when they struggle to beat any of the top sides.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last week Brisbane were the form team of the competition. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same thing every year for Essendon, lose a couple games in a poor fashion, backs against the wall, beat up on a couple of poor / out of form teams and then back to reality when they struggle to beat any of the top sides.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not entirely true. We normally lose to the poor sides and then come out and beat the top sides. Last year we lost games to Bulldogs, Freo and Carlton, only to then beat teams like West Coast (perth) GWS (Sydney) and the Cats.

Geez that’s a very ordinary haul from the 1st round besides Higgins.
A bit unfair on Tarrant. He's probably a fringe top 10 key defender in the league IMO, has been very underrated the past couple of years

I was unaware Wayne Campbell was still playing
Yeah, you've got me ****ed as well son, I was unaware would was spelt wo
Heppell’s copping it?

32 touches, 5 clearances, 6 I50s.

Reasonably happy with the role he played, personally.
WTF ? You've got your wires crossed lad.
I picked Hepp as captain when he joined the club.
I put No.21 on the young blokes back before he'd played a game.
Your wires, well and truly crossed.
FMD.

The 2 teams perfect for this day are Melbourne and St.Kilda.
Demons v Saints on the holiest of days, maybe even live stream it into the Vatican with vision of the pope and cardinals waving their flags every time the Saints score a goal.
Maybe Trumpy and Izzy can represent the Dees

We get suspended if we jump on a Richmond thread, piss off.

For starters it's the main board, I was talking about the game originally and then replying to one of your mates who is suddenly up and about after beating up on the worst team in the league

For starters it's the main board, I was talking about the game originally and then replying to one of your mates who is suddenly up and about after beating up on the worst team in the league
Sarcasm, piss off anyway.

Back