Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Port Adelaide > 30 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah remembered barass after I posted, that said I’m not sure he changes that much , certainly not in that game where the wet weather rendered most of your talls ineffectual.

As I said your team doesn’t seem to want fight as hard for the ground ball, combine that with freo and now port swarming your defenders with some serious pressure and most importantly both teams looked to spoil/blanket/body up McGovern there’s some definite issues for Simpson to sort through
That's right they don't want to fight for the ball risking injury against bottom 10 opposition. It's a long season they want to be there in July and August

Someone left early to take the photo as well then. Did a Port fan take the photo? If yes why is a Port fan leaving the game early?

that picture apparently was at 3/4 time …. and it could have been a someone leaving early to go and set up the venue for the supporters and players to attend the after match function …

that picture apparently was at 3/4 time …. and it could have been a someone leaving early to go and set up the venue for the supporters and players to attend the after match function …
Hypocrisy

Jesus Christ man.

It was taken by a random freo supporter who happened to be there according to the original post.

Not even that, was just a friend of the person that posted it. Could've been an Eagles fan, could've been a neutral. Regardless, the point stands!

At least our fans show up in the first place. Plenty of Pies fans heading for the turnstiles early in our Rd 3 clash. Was it news?

Wasn't that long ago this fixture didn't even get 14k in Adelaide. Now it gets 35-40k. If people pay their money and want the leave let them miss the historic Petruccelle bag of 5.

Gotta laugh at the idea some team’s fans are just better fans than other fans. On a cold, wet night when your team is getting pantsed, there will always be some leaving early. Don’t try and pretend your fans would ride it out and that makes them better.

Our boos are special boos.

Even when we leave early and the ground is half empty the umpires are still too intimidated to not pay us all of the frees.

Terrific performance by port

Hard at the contest ...no excuses

Too good ...the margin was flattering

We don’t play well in the wet but port were so clean

Man I have no idea how to read us this year. I thought the Melbourne win was massive, but it turned out Melbourne just started the year s**t. I thought the Carlton win was solid and hard fought but the Blues look like the same team almost afraid of winning. The loss to Brisbane was gallant, but Brisbane have since been exposed as easy beats by two of the better sides, and then We were incredibly disappointing against a sub standard Richmond side, so I thought we were just a sub par side. So THEN we proceed to knock off the reigning premiers on their home deck in a completely one sided affair.

Can a neutral supporter help me out here? Where do you rate Port so far?

Man I have no idea how to read us this year. I thought the Melbourne win was massive, but it turned out Melbourne just started the year s**t. I thought the Carlton win was solid and hard fought but the Blues look like the same team almost afraid of winning. The loss to Brisbane was gallant, but Brisbane have since been exposed as easy beats by two of the better sides, and then We were incredibly disappointing against a sub standard Richmond side, so I thought we were just a sub par side. So THEN we proceed to knock off the reigning premiers on their home deck in a completely one sided affair.

It’s a week to week thing

You guys were terrific tonight but it means nothing next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a week to week thing

You guys were terrific tonight but it means nothing next week
I suppose you’re right, I just wanna know where my expectations should be for my own side. Genuinely thought we’d be a bottom 6 side this year tbh so i’m very surprised

Didn’t see the game, can someone fill me in please. Are all the mouthing off of the west coast supporters against other teams over the last few days/weeks especially about their late start to pre season and getting done to Brisbane as a certainty justified??? You know, about how good they are and how they are going to walk in another premiership?

Speaking to my port supporting dad pre game and he thought West Coast would smash port and his wishes of hinkley being fired would come true . I predicted what happened, port are always able to turn up for big matches. They basically do the opposite of the crows, in that they play well in big, tough matches, and don't turn up and drop matches they should win, It's the next month after I'm looking at them to see if they are the real deal or just turn up for the big challenges and lose to teams they shouldn't.

I also wanna know if this performance was a 'response' after last week, or were Richmonds teenagers that damn good last week that they smashed a midfield that just annihilated the premiership midfield.

I also wanna know if this performance was a 'response' after last week, or were Richmonds teenagers that damn good last week that they smashed a midfield that just annihilated the premiership midfield.

Mich as I’d love to say the latter, if you watched our game it was neither of your options. Midfields were slightly in Ports favour, game was full of errors on both sides, but we won by going back to our pressure game plan. Ports pressure last week compared to last nights game was non existent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really not sure if you're trolling now or not...Our system has changed, and our pressure rating is through the roof. We demolished Melbourne, beat Collingwood, lost by 4 points to GWS and won away in Adelaide.

Guthrie has played in the VFL for 2 weeks, and has earned his spot back on the back of two strong performances/Constable being rested.

Port have been good, but so have we. Both sides have changed things up, and both sides look strong. Port lost last week to a very undermanned Richmond, so not exactly sure how Hinkley is the better coach on the back of that.

Some people get so stuck in their opinions, that they refuse to change them even when the evidence is right in front of them that they were wrong. I've never seen a circumstance though where someone has requested a change of coach when their team is top of the ladder...just bizarre.

P.S. if you don't think games at the G against a Grand Finalist and away from home are big games...then I'm not sure what is.
That's ok because someone whose opinion I rate highly has said he's been terrible, still hasn't chased and still made the same errors. I guess statistics are the be all and end all with some though.

At Port, and with Hinkley at the helm, he'd be banished to the SANFL like Motlop was due to his lack of defensive effort and accountability. He'd eventually learn that he can't run around in cruise mode playing with no intensity.

We seen the exact same thing last week against GWS where players fell back into the same areas we fail in in big games ... a clear lack of workrate. So what does Scott do? Recall the worst culprit at the club who showed no signs of improvement in that area at VFL level. It's amazing.

So yes, I'd rather Hinkley at the helm.

And if Collingwood kick straight in that first half of round 1 they go into the break 6 or 7 goals ahead and it's game over. They made some basic skill errors by foot that basically gifted out of position Geelong players easy possession.

Basically port with a proper forward structure are very dangerous and can beat anyone

Port without a proper structure and Hinkley does a Hinkley and plays Sam Gray out of the goal square and Marshall at the magpies are easily beatable.

I’m 100% confident Hinkley didn’t drop Marshall we would be 5-0 right now

Port the better team all night. Eagles were shocking across all areas. Seems they let the Pies win get to their heads and that they could just cruise to victories. Not in 2019. The key to beating WC is hope it rains because our gameplan just falls apart when it does. Winter is coming.

Congrats to Port. They were tougher and smarter the entire game. Beat us at selection and out coached us today.

Lycett showed how much we will miss him.

Some Eagles should struggle to look at themselves in the mirror after that. Thankfully there are some inform and hungry guys playing in the Beagles.

Back