Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Port the better team all night. Eagles were shocking across all areas. Seems they let the Pies win get to their heads and that they could just cruise to victories. Not in 2019. The key to beating WC is hope it rains because our gameplan just falls apart when it does. Winter is coming.

1555723946617.png

1555723981179.png

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
That's ok because someone whose opinion I rate highly has said he's been terrible, still hasn't chased and still made the same errors. I guess statistics are the be all and end all with some though.

At Port, and with Hinkley at the helm, he'd be banished to the SANFL like Motlop was due to his lack of defensive effort and accountability. He'd eventually learn that he can't run around in cruise mode playing with no intensity.

We seen the exact same thing last week against GWS where players fell back into the same areas we fail in in big games ... a clear lack of workrate. So what does Scott do? Recall the worst culprit at the club who showed no signs of improvement in that area at VFL level. It's amazing.

So yes, I'd rather Hinkley at the helm.

And if Collingwood kick straight in that first half of round 1 they go into the break 6 or 7 goals ahead and it's game over. They made some basic skill errors by foot that basically gifted out of position Geelong players easy possession.

Then go and support Port, lol. How can he be banished if he hasn't even played an AFL game yet this year?

And you don't think we nailed the draft in the last few years? Constable, Ratugolea, Miers, Atkins, Clark, Stewart, Kelly, Fogarty (jury is still out on him), to name a few. They have early draft picks, because they let Wingard and Polec go. It was kind of hard to screw up the first 20 picks, as this was a very talented draft at the top end.

Port supporters were calling for Hinkley's head last week, and now you want him as our coach?

Who would you have in his place, now that Constable is having a rest? Narkle has been criticized for work rate too, and surely you don't want Parsons or Simpson? So who is left that plays that position? Fogarty, Scooter, Cunico and Cockatoo are all injured. We could shuffle things around, but Henderson and Bews are both injured, which leaves only Abbott, Buzza, Jones, as players who have played senior footy. The former would make us top heavy and the latter still needs more development. Kennerley, Kreuger, Fort, Tarca, show promise but aren't ready yet.

So analyzing our list, do you know the only player who is left...? That's right, the other most vilified player in our team, his brother, Zach Guthrie.

So who are you taking out of Zach and Cam? Because I am taking Cam every day of the week.

We're at an impasse and this is derailing the thread so I'm not gonna bother anymore, but you seriously need to actually have a look at our list and our injury situation before making overarching statements that decry our club, when we're in a very good position on the basis of the aforementioned.

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Then go and support Port, lol. How can he be banished if he hasn't even played an AFL game yet this year?

And you don't think we nailed the draft in the last few years? Constable, Ratugolea, Miers, Atkins, Clark, Stewart, Kelly, Fogarty (jury is still out on him), to name a few. They have early draft picks, because they let Wingard and Polec go. It was kind of hard to screw up the first 20 picks, as this was a very talented draft at the top end.

Port supporters were calling for Hinkley's head last week, and now you want him as our coach?

Who would you have in his place, now that Constable is having a rest? Narkle has been criticized for work rate too, and surely you don't want Parsons or Simpson? So who is left that plays that position? Fogarty, Scooter, Cunico and Cockatoo are all injured. We could shuffle things around, but Henderson and Bews are both injured, which leaves only Abbott, Buzza, Jones, as players who have played senior footy. The former would make us top heavy and the latter still needs more development. Kennerley, Kreuger, Fort, Tarca, show promise but aren't ready yet.

So analyzing our list, do you know the only player who is left...? That's right, the other most vilified player in our team, his brother, Zach Guthrie.

So who are you taking out of Zach and Cam? Because I am taking Cam every day of the week.

We're at an impasse and this is derailing the thread so I'm not gonna bother anymore, but you seriously need to actually have a look at our list and our injury situation before making overarching statements that decry our club, when we're in a very good position on the basis of the aforementioned.
Neither. Constable didn't need a rest off the back of two 9 day breaks. It was a poor excuse to include Guthrie.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Neither. Constable didn't need a rest off the back of two 9 day breaks. It was a poor excuse to include Guthrie.

Yeah solid response. He actually did, if you saw him at the game. He was stuffed by the third quarter and could barely get to contests in the last. The knock on him in his draft year was his tank, which he's still developing.

I'm seriously not gonna bother with conspiracy theories either. They didn't drop Constable to get Guthrie in. This conversation is pointless, you're far too set in your mindset to listen to reason

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
that picture apparently was at 3/4 time …. and it could have been a someone leaving early to go and set up the venue for the supporters and players to attend the after match function …

Can confirm that the supporters either side of the Port cheer squad cleared out pretty quick .Mid second quarter when the rain got heavy Eagles supporters went undercover.At the Perth Stadium you can fit about 40,000 in covered areas and still watch the game its a bit different then what east coast supporters have and know. Eagles supporters socializing goes on right to a minute before the game starts usually and the seated areas go from half full to full in that last minute before the game so when the rain started supporters went back to the bars etc. The River Room were I went at half time holds five thousand plus it was packed at half time and still full after the game.
-Just stating facts for you brother.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So we've seen a blip on the radar, make no mistake WC are still and rightly should be flag fav's IMV no one else is near them at the minute. Question is how did last nights result come to pass?

What do wc do so well that allows them to retain possession and cut teams up with their surgical transition? I'll use the Collingwood game as an example.

They guard their space so well that they deny the opp that space to move their own ball hence why Coll moved the ball so slowly with dinky 20m passes to retain the ball - this disallowed them their swarm and spread game that serves them so well and they slowed to a halt. Were never a look in to apply any threatening forward moves. To get within 22 points forced to play like wc (play their way) was actually not a bad result.

So what did Port do to deny wc their transition game? What every team should do - ugly the game up. In a little more detail:

At every opportunity (whenever they had possession) they forced the ball forward almost chaos style and that denied wc time to structure up behind the ball (guard space) and that created a contested game - deny wc transition. It is risky because it relies on winning contested footy and if you lose the contest against a wc you'll be exposed going the other way - badly!

But that's what Port did, they backed themselves to win the contested ball, keep it ugly (weather helped) and move forward before wc can close the space. They won the mid battle by being better in the phone box, I know easier said than done when you've got the likes of Gaff, Shoe, Yeo and Redden on the park. Wines, Powell Pepper were the bulls needed in the middle to get it done.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Man I have no idea how to read us this year. I thought the Melbourne win was massive, but it turned out Melbourne just started the year s**t. I thought the Carlton win was solid and hard fought but the Blues look like the same team almost afraid of winning. The loss to Brisbane was gallant, but Brisbane have since been exposed as easy beats by two of the better sides, and then We were incredibly disappointing against a sub standard Richmond side, so I thought we were just a sub par side. So THEN we proceed to knock off the reigning premiers on their home deck in a completely one sided affair.

Can a neutral supporter help me out here? Where do you rate Port so far?

This is what I posted earlier, as simple as I could scribe it.
So we've seen a blip on the radar, make no mistake WC are still and rightly should be flag fav's IMV no one else is near them at the minute. Question is how did last nights result come to pass?

What do wc do so well that allows them to retain possession and cut teams up with their surgical transition? I'll use the Collingwood game as an example.

They guard their space so well that they deny the opp that space to move their own ball hence why Coll moved the ball so slowly with dinky 20m passes to retain the ball - this disallowed them their swarm and spread game that serves them so well and they slowed to a halt. Were never a look in to apply any threatening forward moves. To get within 22 points forced to play like wc (play their way) was actually not a bad result.

So what did Port do to deny wc their transition game? What every team should do - ugly the game up. In a little more detail:

At every opportunity (whenever they had possession) they forced the ball forward almost chaos style and that denied wc time to structure up behind the ball (guard space) and that created a contested game - deny wc transition. It is risky because it relies on winning contested footy and if you lose the contest against a wc you'll be exposed going the other way - badly!

But that's what Port did, they backed themselves to win the contested ball, keep it ugly (weather helped) and move forward before wc can close the space. They won the mid battle by being better in the phone box, I know easier said than done when you've got the likes of Gaff, Shoe, Yeo and Redden on the park. Wines, Powell Pepper were the bulls needed in the middle to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Why is it week in week out that game day threads are chock full of Richmond trolls?

It doesn’t make Richmond relevant, feel for genuine Richmond posters being tarred with the same brush.
And let me guess Richmond threads getting trolled week in week out by opposition supporters is just fine in your book

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Mate every other round theres one game on friday and we get it but oh no its mental (good) friday and theres 2 games so they show the early game whatever just keep paying out more and more money to these flog tv company's and watch ads all game its effn crap

You know that last night was a Fox Footy game, right? There were no ads during play.

As you say, there's one game on Friday every round - as the whole reason that Good Friday footy got over the line was cos of the RCH appeal in Victoria, that was always going to be the game that was showed.

You can watch every game of the season for $25/month. If you're a Telstra customer happy to watch on your phone, you can watch every game for free. I just don't really get what the complaining is about.

zhoung

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
And let me guess Richmond threads getting trolled week in week out by opposition supporters is just fine in your book

Nope not ok, but you reap what you sow bro.

37 years of nothing and now we have endured 2 years of torture, due to your flash in the pan success.

Learn some humility.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Nope not ok, but you reap what you sow bro.

37 years of nothing and now we have endured 2 years of torture, due to your flash in the pan success.

Learn some humility.
Exactly you reap what you sow everyone was happy to sink the boots into Richmond for 37 years only justified that we can now give it back

Exactly you reap what you sow everyone was happy to sink the boots into Richmond for 37 years only justified that we can now give it back

Be the better man, if your Richmond arrogance will let you

Congrats Port on a nice win

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
You know that last night was a Fox Footy game, right? There were no ads during play.

As you say, there's one game on Friday every round - as the whole reason that Good Friday footy got over the line was cos of the RCH appeal in Victoria, that was always going to be the game that was showed.

You can watch every game of the season for $25/month. If you're a Telstra customer happy to watch on your phone, you can watch every game for free. I just don't really get what the complaining is about.
So how is your foxtel job going such a great plug well done

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
Its a bit different mate west coast arent a flog team at the bottom like yours were for 37 years and we weren't playing your team so take a pill and chill

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
lol if West Coast had a 37 years like Richmond did, there wouldn't be a West Coast
They will never have a crap history like that mate.
Sorry i even bothered with pre 1988 that was when victorian football was irrelevant.
Like your team til they got an actually afl premiership.

Back