• North Melbourne 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • North Melbourne > 30 pts

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely we could find someone who has the time to write up a proper preview rather than a copy and paste job every game?

Plenty of blokes here offer up great analysis, seems like a waste to have an AFL.com preview every game. Minimal effort.
Any time you want to write one drop Gralin a line or just post and ping a mod to put it in the OP.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tonight’s game should be the pineapple grapple aka the Q clash.

I hate to break this to you... but they wouldn't show that game on a Friday night. No disrespect to the QLD teams, but sport is money, the AFL wants money, and the market in QLD is way too small for a Friday night game involving both teams. Nobody outside QLD would be watching it. The SA and WA showdown/derby can't even get on a Friday night.

Every single Friday night game this year has either one of the VIC Big 3 (Coll, Rich, Ess), a WA team or an SA team, except for 3 games...... in which all 3 of those games feature Melbourne. I'm going to make the assumption that The AFL thought Melbourne would be top 8/top 4 this year.... hence why they have 3 Friday night games.

It's pretty clear the AFL's dream scheduling in prime time is a VIC team vs either an SA or WA team.... The 3 biggest markets in the country, and huge revenue as a large number of people in both states will be tuning in... the money is where it's at my friend..

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I hate to break this to you... but they wouldn't show that game on a Friday night. No disrespect to the QLD teams, but sport is money, the AFL wants money
So why are they showing Port and North?

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hate to break this to you... but they wouldn't show that game on a Friday night. No disrespect to the QLD teams, but sport is money, the AFL wants money, and the market in QLD is way too small for a Friday night game involving both teams. Nobody outside QLD would be watching it. The SA and WA showdown/derby can't even get on a Friday night.

Every single Friday night game this year has either one of the VIC Big 3 (Coll, Rich, Ess), a WA team or an SA team, except for 3 games...... in which all 3 of those games feature Melbourne. I'm going to make the assumption that The AFL thought Melbourne would be top 8/top 4 this year.... hence why they have 3 Friday night games.

It's pretty clear the AFL's dream scheduling in prime time is a VIC team vs either an SA or WA team.... The 3 biggest markets in the country, and huge revenue as a large number of people in both states will be tuning in... the money is where it's at my friend..

Both Brisbane and GC on 3-2. Probably the best form collectively they've been in since GC's inception.

Not sure how you'd think that's going to pull less money than a game involving North Melbourne.

The crowd there looks pitiful.

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
Both Brisbane and GC on 3-2. Probably the best form collectively they've been in since GC's inception.

Not sure how you'd think that's going to pull less money than a game involving North Melbourne.

The crowd there looks pitiful.
These games were made on the back of last years form and finishing spot giving preference.
They should be able to change times according to how the team is travelli g at any point during the year say 3 or 4 weeks lead.
Could get the blockbusters were they want them then.

Back