Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A wild swinging haymaker

Is met with an uppercut to the jaw for the 10 count :D
You think a 10 count is being forced to barrack for an opposition club in the Grand Final because your own club is awful? Ok then.

Can you please elaborate further on the highlighted?
Basically with a tall forward in Reid being able to tap to forwards like Smith and Elliot like Richmond’s tall forwards do. They basically have different ways of being able to move the ball forward. They could choose to play West Coast’s control gamestyle because of their footskills or Richmond’s chaos ball movement with Reid taking up the role our tall forwards. This flexibility allows them to tailor their gamestyle depending on what their opponent’s weakness is. This is what I meant.

Mason Cox does not really offer Collingwood such flexibility.

Another Collingwood Match Day thread and the usual Richmond suspects are on board doing their usual trolling.

Hope you guys enjoyed your night.
Ahhh I wasn't making fun of Collingwood, I was actually sticking up for them given the narrative of the commentators at the time when I posted that was all about Ports comeback etc etc. But ok.

Ahhh I wasn't making fun of Collingwood, I was actually sticking up for them given the narrative of the commentators at the time when I posted that was all about Ports comeback etc etc. But ok.
If this is sticking up for Collingwood, I’d hate to hear you insulting us.

Lel Colliwobbles only 6 goals Infront.

Basically with a tall forward in Reid being able to tap to forwards like Smith and Elliot like Richmond’s tall forwards do. They basically have different ways of being able to move the ball forward. They could choose to play West Coast’s control gamestyle because of their footskills or Richmond’s chaos ball movement with Reid taking up the role our tall forwards. This flexibility allows them to tailor their gamestyle depending on what their opponent’s weakness is. This is what I meant.

I gotcha the first time, I just found it odd that it’s called us ‘following Richmond’s forward structure’. Richmond didn’t invent playing a tall forward that brings the ball down to small forwards.

I nitpick because apparently everything we seem to do is a carbon copy of Richmond to Richmond supporters.

Also, to add further, we don’t really have crumbing/small forwards like Richmond do. Guys like Elliott, WHE and De Goey are midget KPPs. They’re all incredible marks, and great lead up forwards. Their crumbing skills aren’t their elite traits. Collingwood has a very unique forward line in that regard where any 4-5 players can play FF.

Mate it was a sarcasm comment in regards to the tune of the commentators at the time, stop being a baby bud.
When your comment is amongst the 3-4 pages I read of Richmond supporters doing what Richmond supporters do best in Collingwood Match Day threads, you’d understand why it can be misconstrued as trolling.

If yours was sarcasm, it’d be the only one that isn’t trolling amongst the dozen or so I responded to.

When your comment is amongst the 3-4 pages I read of Richmond supporters doing what Richmond supporters do best in Collingwood Match Day threads, you’d understand why it can be misconstrued as trolling.
Congrats you read a Matchday thread that is carbon copy to every other Matchday thread on this forum, the odd useful comment amongst the garbage.

And in my post I clearly write 'Colliwobbles ONLY 6 goals infront' emphasis on the capitalised word.

Collingwood had about 20 scoring shots and Port kicked a couple after quarter time to bring the score back and the commentators were tone turned from big time smashing to Port making a run on.

Also, to add further, we don’t really have crumbing/small forwards like Richmond do. Guys like Elliott, WHE and De Goey are midget KPPs. They’re all incredible marks, and great lead up forwards. Their crumbing skills aren’t their elite traits. Collingwood has a very unique forward line in that regard where any 4-5 players can play FF.
Spot on mate. The idea that Collingwood have this great crumbing style forward line is a fair way off the mark. We score far, far more from lead up forwards presenting and marking, and from running transitions from one end to the other than we do from our smaller forwards crumbing the pack. Was looking at our forward line only last night and was thinking that just about every one of the guys up there are capable of a six goal game if they’re played out of the square all day. Would be interesting to see how the same forward line would function if it were pissing rain all day because I can’t think of a game recently we’ve had to battle that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotcha the first time, I just found it odd that it’s called us ‘following Richmond’s forward structure’. Richmond didn’t invent playing a tall forward that brings the ball down to small forwards.

I nitpick because apparently everything we seem to do is a carbon copy of Richmond to Richmond supporters.
Richmond is the one that uses a structure like that so I used them as a modern day reference since it’s a trait that they are known by.

Also, who cares if a team copies another side? Richmond based their gamestyle idea off the 2016 Bulldogs and put their own spin to it. It worked out well.
WHE and De Goey are but Elliott and Thomas are small forwards. At the reported 178cm, Elliott would be way too small to be considered a midget KPP.
Hence, Reid tapping the ball to the likes of Elliott and Thomas would be Richmond-like. Yes, Collingwood doesn’t play like Richmond, but with Reid in the side they have the flexibility to play a variation of Richmond’s style against sides that are weak to that type of gamestyle if they choose to do so.

Richmond is the one that uses a structure like that so I used them as a modern day reference since it’s a trait that they are known by.

Also, who cares if a team copies another side? Richmond based their gamestyle idea off the 2016 Bulldogs and put their own spin to it. It worked out well.
Again, I don’t see the resemblance as Collingwood don’t play a mosquito fleet of crumbers at the feet of talls we just bang long into. I also don’t think Richmond was innovative in playing a tall with crumbers all around him, pretty sure all AFL clubs, throughout the last decade have done this, but have generally played with two KPFs instead of one, as Richmond had to out of necessity through a lack of a second KPF. It worked out well though.

If we want to look at a ‘they did it first’ concept, we should look back at the WCE from a decade back who won a flag, and played off in another, playing with no real quality KPF.
WHE and De Goey are but Elliott and Thomas are small forwards. At the reported 178cm, Elliott would be way too small to be considered a midget KPP.
Hence, Reid tapping the ball to the likes of Elliott and Thomas would be Richmond-like. Yes, Collingwood doesn’t play like Richmond, but with Reid in the side they have the flexibility to play a variation of Richmond’s style against sides that are weak to that type of gamestyle if they choose to do so.
Collingwood is #1 in the competition for marks inside 50, we have an even spread of goal scorers, similar to last year, so that indicates we share the load and goals in our forward 50 entries, without fixating on the chaos ball into a tall, which is purely a last resort.

What we’re seeing from Collingwood in the last 2 years is a unique, Collingwood style, forward line where any one of the front 6 can rotate out of FF and play the KPF position whilst others roam around up the field.

Disappointing at the time but over it fairly quickly. As we all saw last night with the young fella, there are bigger things than football.

I suggest you have some growing up to do.
Thanks for the life advice grandpa. I'll take that on board

Again, I don’t see the resemblance as Collingwood don’t play a mosquito fleet of crumbers at the feet of talls we just bang long into. I also don’t think Richmond was innovative in playing a tall with crumbers all around him, pretty sure all AFL clubs, throughout the last decade have done this, but have generally played with two KPFs instead of one, as Richmond had to out of necessity through a lack of a second KPF. It worked out well though.

If we want to look at a ‘they did it first’ concept, we should look back at the WCE from a decade back who won a flag, and played off in another, playing with no real quality KPF.

Collingwood is #1 in the competition for marks inside 50, we have an even spread of goal scorers, similar to last year, so that indicates we share the load and goals in our forward 50 entries, without fixating on the chaos ball into a tall, which is purely a last resort.

What we’re seeing from Collingwood in the last 2 years is a unique, Collingwood style, forward line where any one of the front 6 can rotate out of FF and play the KPF position whilst others roam around up the field.
Collingwood do not play like Richmond. It’s different. I just said that with Reid they can play a variation of Richmond’s style if they want to because he can play the role our talls play in our forward line. Is it going to be exactly like Richmond? No, because we have more small forwards than Collingwood. I just said that Collingwood have the flexibility to do so. They don’t need to play like that and they may not want to either, but it’s an option. There are other sides who just don’t have the personnel to play this way.

I also did not say that Richmond innovated this gamestyle. I actually said the opposite in that Richmond copied the Bulldogs gamestyle of 2016 and used a variation of it.

Collingwood do not play like Richmond. It’s different. I just said that with Reid they can play a variation of Richmond’s style if they want to because he can play the role our talls play in our forward line. Is it going to be exactly like Richmond? No, because we have more small forwards than Collingwood. I just said that Collingwood have the flexibility to do so. They don’t need to play like that and they may not want to either, but it’s an option. There are other sides who just don’t have the personnel to play this way.

I also did not say that Richmond innovated this gamestyle. I actually said the opposite in that Richmond copied the Bulldogs gamestyle of 2016 and used a variation of it.
Your view as a Tigers supporter is a breath of fresh air. I’m led to believe by others that everything Collingwood does is a carbon copy of what Richmond does, and without them, we’d be at a loss for a game plan.

Your view as a Tigers supporter is a breath of fresh air. I’m led to believe by others that everything Collingwood does is a carbon copy of what Richmond does, and without them, we’d be at a loss for a game plan.
Are you even reading my posts? How many times have I mentioned that Collingwood do not play like Richmond?

Elliott plays like a tall forward alot of the time. Go watch a Elliott highlights reel if you need some convincing. Dont get me wrong though he can crumb, but so can Stevenson and DeGoey, which makes them all very effective forwards.

Back