Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but the margin was just a blowout when victory was impossible, it was fairly close until the last 10 minutes. Whenever I watch the Dogs play you just don't seem settled as to who plays where though.
We've cobbled together a forwardline and our backline tonight was scrapped together too.

We're still in the bottom 2-3 for age and experience every week and some weeks that just shows. Geelong were cleaner and smarter with the football tonight, went at an insanely high DE% by foot then nailed set shots.

Free kick counts are a stupid argument.

1. Dunkley's tackle should have been a free for holding the ball. Instead it was bizarrely called a trip. We should have had a shot at goal, instead the ball goes forward and Hawkins gets a generous free when he fell forward and drew the high contact from Roberts. 12 point turnaround, if Dunkley kicked the goal (unlikely, knowing Dunks).

2. Tuohy kicks it out of bounds without playing on and without anyone touching it. 4 umpires make the wrong decision to throw it in. We should have had the chance to deliver i50.

3. Jordan Clark drops the ball after the free was paid to Crozier, when he was 5m away. Any other instance of this is paid 50m.

4. Cats paid a free kick because our player who was running to the goal square before the centre bounce, and wasn't there quite in time. No warning. That might be a rule, I'm not sure, but it's stupid.

5. Miers taking on 3 tacklers and it spilling to Ablett who kicked a goal.

6. Dahlhaus ducks into the tackle, free kick.

7. Easton Wood not allowed to concede a point while under pressure, free kick.

There were several questionable ones, lots of ones where the commentators were saying it should be holding the ball etc. But the 12 point turn around with that "trip", the Tuohy kick out and even Clark dropping the ball I'd say were just blatantly wrong, you don't need "interpretation" for them.

That made it a very frustrating game to watch, but Geelong were clearly 4+ goals better than us today. Extremely damaging and accurate inside 50, while we consider it a success if we kick more goals than points.

Agreed. Sums up the number of shocking calls/non-calls that mysteriously favoured the Cats. How did the umpires let GWS win there?

Considering over the last 5 full years we have never been higher than higher than 8th in free kick differential it must say a lot about how f***ed we get playing anywhere else then doesn’t it

Geelong way too good- if anyone goes at 80%+ disposal efficiency and kicks 21.7 then they’ll beat most teams. Margin should have been closer because there were genuine head scratching differences in how rules were applied depending on the guernsey, but it didn’t affect the result.

That said, I think I’d be a little reticent to anoint the cats as premiers after this. They kicked insanely well tonight and still didn’t stretch away from probably a non- finals team until the last eighth of the game.

They’ll be comfortably top four, and likely prelim finalists. But there’s no way I’m putting money on them at current odds.

Cats get the best of all worlds. 9 GENUINE ( not share ) home games at GMHBA, yet get to keep their hand in at the MCG by playing about 6 games there. Most favoured club in the AFL. But they’re still looking for more.
This is such a ridiculous statement. Pies whinging about not getting any home advantage. Are you guys worried about the cats this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong way too good- if anyone goes at 80%+ disposal efficiency and kicks 21.7 then they’ll beat most teams. Margin should have been closer because there were genuine head scratching differences in how rules were applied depending on the guernsey, but it didn’t affect the result.

That said, I think I’d be a little reticent to anoint the cats as premiers after this. They kicked insanely well tonight and still didn’t stretch away from probably a non- finals team until the last eighth of the game.

They’ll be comfortably top four, and likely prelim finalists. But there’s no way I’m putting money on them at current odds.
Also thought we were well off our best and our intent and defensive effort was spasmodic today - think we’ll play a lot better in coming weeks

We've cobbled together a forwardline and our backline tonight was scrapped together too.

We're still in the bottom 2-3 for age and experience every week and some weeks that just shows. Geelong were cleaner and smarter with the football tonight, went at an insanely high DE% by foot then nailed set shots.
Was a very impressive show from the dogs. That midfield is solid. Even when the cats won the hit out the dogs were sharking the possession. If i was going the Brownlow:

3 Wallis
2 Trengove
1 Duncan

No. Hudson has been bi-partisan tonight. It's just in your head.

I just wanted to remind you of your double-standards as Lane and Robbo were renowned for openly barracking for the Blues. So make sure you own backyard is clean. A little like the Eagles fans commenting about the umpires tonight.

Incidentally, if you haven't noticed Riewoldt was on the Dogs all night.
I didn't even know Hudson supported the cats and I could pick it within 2min of hearing his tone changes so don't pretend it wasn't blatant, as one eyed.as they come.

When have I defended either lane or Robbo not that either of them have commentated on a televised game in donkey years? What's that I haven't so piss right off with your double standard bullshit.

Hudson was piss poor with his open barracking and you can bury your head in the sand all you like it will change nothing.

Also thought we were well off our best and our intent and defensive effort was spasmodic today - think we’ll play a lot better in coming weeks

Maybe. I’d argue running the ball and using short/offline kicks rather than pumping it in long exposed some defensive deficiencies. Bulldogs panicked in the last quarter as the game seeped away and bombed it to intercepts, rather than playing it smart like the middle two quarters.

Geelong are obviously a genuine flag chance, they’ve beaten most other good teams already and are in a great position to secure top two. Just not sure they’re as good as a lot of people think they are.

Maybe. I’d argue running the ball and using short/offline kicks rather than pumping it in long exposed some defensive deficiencies. Bulldogs panicked in the last quarter as the game seeped away and bombed it to intercepts, rather than playing it smart like the middle two quarters.

Geelong are obviously a genuine flag chance, they’ve beaten most other good teams already and are in a great position to secure top two. Just not sure they’re as good as a lot of people think they are.
Definitely too early to tell. Bulldogs exposed a few things today. But i think in the need you’ve got to have the game plan (check), the players to pull it off (check), a touch of class (check) and then some luck and timing. We’ll see how all that plays out. Certainly no standout for the flag this year, think at times west coast will be that, and pies will be that and the giants will as well. Just depends who it is standing at the end. As we well know, you don’t need to be the dominant team all year to snaffle a flag, but that’s what it is all about. Best of luck for the season

Free kick counts are a stupid argument.

1. Dunkley's tackle should have been a free for holding the ball. Instead it was bizarrely called a trip. We should have had a shot at goal, instead the ball goes forward and Hawkins gets a generous free when he fell forward and drew the high contact from Roberts. 12 point turnaround, if Dunkley kicked the goal (unlikely, knowing Dunks).

2. Tuohy kicks it out of bounds without playing on and without anyone touching it. 4 umpires make the wrong decision to throw it in. We should have had the chance to deliver i50.

3. Jordan Clark drops the ball after the free was paid to Crozier, when he was 5m away. Any other instance of this is paid 50m.

4. Cats paid a free kick because our player who was running to the goal square before the centre bounce, and wasn't there quite in time. No warning. That might be a rule, I'm not sure, but it's stupid.

5. Miers taking on 3 tacklers and it spilling to Ablett who kicked a goal.

6. Dahlhaus ducks into the tackle, free kick.

7. Easton Wood not allowed to concede a point while under pressure, free kick.

There were several questionable ones, lots of ones where the commentators were saying it should be holding the ball etc. But the 12 point turn around with that "trip", the Tuohy kick out and even Clark dropping the ball I'd say were just blatantly wrong, you don't need "interpretation" for them.

That made it a very frustrating game to watch, but Geelong were clearly 4+ goals better than us today. Extremely damaging and accurate inside 50, while we consider it a success if we kick more goals than points.

To make a worthy discussion, now list the ones that favoured the Dogs.

I didn't even know Hudson supported the cats and I could pick it within 2min of hearing his tone changes so don't pretend it wasn't blatant, as one eyed.as they come.

When have I defended either lane or Robbo not that either of them have commentated on a televised game in donkey years? What's that I haven't so piss right off with your double standard ********.

Hudson was piss poor with his open barracking and you can bury your head in the sand all you like it will change nothing.

Good luck finding anyone who agrees with you.

Or cares.

The free kick count is an irrelevant stat

Not if you believe there is a conspiracy to favour one side. Over 5 years I’d say being perpetually in the lower half of the competition for differential would suggest that we don’t get looked after at all. Stop citing one bloody match as evidence of some grand plan to advantage one side over another

Not if you believe there is a conspiracy to favour one side. Over 5 years I’d say being perpetually in the lower half of the competition for differential would suggest that we don’t get looked after at all. Stop citing one bloody match as evidence of some grand plan to advantage one side over another
I'm not, but today was bad. I haven't been on bigfooty in years and it was so bad today that I was compelled to make an appearance.

Lol, I just checked the last time I posted and funnily enough it was Round 9 2017, against guess who? Geelong at Simonds Stadium, looked like a very similar thing happened.

Uh huh

Last edited:
Was a very impressive show from the dogs. That midfield is solid. Even when the cats won the hit out the dogs were sharking the possession. If i was going the Brownlow:

3 Wallis
2 Trengove
1 Duncan
Rohan was very good especially early, may snag a vote

Back