Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Hawthorn > 30 pts

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how gameday threads with Hawthorn and Richmond are relatively mild mannered. The usual BF trolls must be invested in the game I guess.......

I think it's because the Geelong and Collingwood 'neutrals' can't work out who to hate, so struggle to get the usual enthusiasm into their trolling.

Yep, definitely our bogey side. Can’t even remember the last time we beat you guys tbh.
Its just one of those things and I think Hardwick coaching under Clarkson has a lot to do with it. It's like he has a great understanding of knowing how to stop what Clarko wants to do.

Its just one of those things and I think Hardwick coaching under Clarkson has a lot to do with it. It's like he has a great understanding of knowing how to stop what Clarko wants to do.
Totally agree. Hardwick has built a great culture as well.

Yeah, nah.....Geelong doesn't care about Richmond as there's been no rivarly for years, Hawthorn on the other hand.....

You'd think so, but every Richmond thread has plenty of Geelong fans sooking in it.

Yeah, nah.....Geelong doesn't care about Richmond as there's been no rivarly for years, Hawthorn on the other hand.....
The only Cat supporters who did hate the Tiges (because of Fred Swift) have probably departed this mortal coil. The Cats are irrelevant, that's why the Tiges couldn't careless about them.

Genuine question to Hawks fans. Has Gunston's output declined in the last year or two or am I imagining things?
Last year he was All Australian. This season he has probably played 2 good games out of 9. The rest have been poor

Top effort Richmond. Hawks can't be underestimated. The defense looks to have settled without Rance which is a massive step. On the Tigs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for poor 'ol Dylan Moore, kicks his first AFL goal and his team mates don't really care less.
They've become the dysfunctional family club.

Players are in a difficult position in that situation. You don't want to look like you are over celebrating a goal when you're getting hammered.

Yep, definitely our bogey side. Can’t even remember the last time we beat you guys tbh.

2017 iirc which is kind of funny considering us beating hawthorn during the season happened almost every season across 08 and the threepeat, then in 2017 you gave us a touch up.

Maybe losing today would have been better :p

Good win for Richmond. Thought we might get them this time given their outs. Their system is very robust, and everyone on the list does a good job of implementing it, so they seem to be able to perform well despite their long injury list (beat our VFL side today with pretty much the same system too).

We were going well with the idea of stretching them for height, and were probably keeping it competitive scoring shot wise until we lost McEvoy and Lewis. 4th game this year with 2 on the bench for the second half. Ruined what might have been a close finish, hard to complain too much given who Richmond had out, but losing players during the game really sucks.

Not really sure why we decided to replace Frawley with Glass, pretty much forcing Sicily onto Lynch. Sicily did ok on Lynch, but it is not his strength, and meant we didn't get as much run from Sicily as we normally do (half the rebounds he's been averaging for the year, although did get more intercepts than anyone else on the ground, so his normal role wasn't completely negated by manning Lynch).

Last edited:
The only Cat supporters who did hate the Tiges (because of Fred Swift) have probably departed this mortal coil. The Cats are irrelevant, that's why the Tiges couldn't careless about them.

I do keep on hearing about the Cats being irrelevant but somehow a lot of Tiger supporters keep on talking about them incessently........

2017 iirc which is kind of funny considering us beating hawthorn during the season happened almost every season across 08 and the threepeat, then in 2017 you gave us a touch up.

Maybe losing today would have been better :p
Just checked, it was 2016. Seems like an eternity! Even through our golden era you guys would get us. We are your bunnies unfortunately

Well the Bay has Tigers supporters not caring about Geelong for 5 minutes, but outside this I just don't see it....more bait and response if anything...

Geelong fans on BF are good for a laugh (more laughing at than laughing with, but a laugh none the less). The club is just another 'who cares' minnow.

No one would think they're over celebrating a goal, the majority would welcome the support for a young player making his way and realising a dream.

Yeah, it was probably too understated, but it isn't like nobody went to him. Reckon we were pretty spent at that stage, so I can understand why a bunch more players didn't run from other parts of the ground to congratulate him.

What's the official crowd number? A lot of empty seats for two of the biggest membership bases in the AFL. We all know Hawthorn supporters don't show when they're expecting a loss.
Lol. We had almost 65K to the game put on late Sunday afternoon. Hardly any Hawk supporters there today. Compare that to the 66K that went to Hawthorn v Geelong on Easter Monday blockbuster........

Back