• Hawthorn > 30 pts

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

92k on Anzac day... just sayin.....

Are you trying to tell me, the biggest day on the afl calendar that isn't the grand final had a big crowd.... well * me

Hawthorn lose old player to ongoing hamstring injury.... Queue excuses regarding how injury ravaged they are, while ignoring the fact that they rely on an over the hill player who isnt that good anyway.
I haven't read this thread, or watched the game, but... let me guess.... Hawthorn lost either because of umpiring or injuries???

I haven't read this thread, or watched the game, but... let me guess.... Hawthorn lost either because of umpiring or injuries???
Read the opening post of their preview thread for your answer.

Serious question... How disastrous will the Hawthorn bandwagon collapse actually be? No fear of mergers, because they own almost all the pokies in eastern Victoria (being the family club and all), but their attendance at the first sign of mediocrity must be a concern!

Us Richmond fans have been pleading with the club to get a back up ruckman for the past 3 years.
Been fortunate to have Nank injury-free.
I think today will prove why.
Don’t doubt this club and their meticulous planning. 2nd ruck did an outstanding job today and will only get better with more game time.

Dusty really appreciated a ruckman who can it it down his throat. Soldo did a good job, granted made easier by McEvoy going down.
For the first time this year I felt we dominated centre clearances.

It's been a massive weakness for us this year. Hopefully Soldo can give us that sort of service every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time this year I felt we dominated centre clearances.

It's been a massive weakness for us this year. Hopefully Soldo can give us that sort of service every week.

Everyone dominates clearances against us. We are third last in the competition for average clearances. Even in games where McEvoy completely dominates the hitouts we've lost the clearances by large margins. Missing Mitchell way more than I thought we would, but probably based more on wishful thinking than anything else.

Everyone dominates clearances against us. We are third last in the competition for average clearances. Even in games where McEvoy completely dominates the hitouts we've lost the clearances by large margins. Missing Mitchell way more than I thought we would, but probably based more on wishful thinking than anything else.
Worpedo and O'Meara were pretty good today, but you fall away sharply after those two.

Worpedo and O'Meara were pretty good today, but you fall away sharply after those two.

Worpel usually helps out with clearances, but not so much today. Our top 4 on ballers are probably O'Meara, Shiels, Worpel and Cousins, and today Shiels, Worpel and Cousins combined couldn't get as many clearances as Dusty got by himself. O'Meara with 8 got two less than Martin did his best to carry us again, but too much left to too few today. O'Meara has a lot more impact when the heavy lifting isn't all left up to him. Can struggle to be effective when the others are not sharing the inside load enough, as most of his disposals end up being under huge pressure because the opposition will sit on him heavily when the others are not doing much. O'Meara will be looking forward to Mitchell's return as much as anyone.

Shiels is still a better mid than Worpel, but Worpel ends up getting a bit more kudos due to his relatively small number of games played. Shiels usually has more consistent impact on games. Worpel and Cousins will be handy depth next year when Mitchell is back, something we didn't really have at all last year.

no complaints, beaten by a better side. Some of the young tigers will be hard dislodge when they get a few back later in the year. I think they'll take it right up to Geelong/Collingwood later this year

SICILY STANDS THE MARK A RICHMOND PLAYER RUNS PAST AND STRAIGHT INTO HIM, IMMEDIATELY THE UMPIRE ASSUMES SICILY INSTIGATED THE HIT , WHEN HE ACTUALLY DID NOTHING BUT STAND THE MARK.
Now I'd like that explained also our fifty metre penalty we got in the first quarter what on earth was that for, the 50m thing is really starting to tell as far as scoring goes, the Sicily thing is wrong , but he has a hot head its why he's good I guess, umpires blame him almost instantly, its wrong.

But gee wiz we are watching our game become the umpires pedantics sport that create opportunities unfairly or ruin momentum and that's for all the teams now, this is an umpire driven game totally, ball players seem to get the hammer?
Some one explain why a Richmond player is allowed to make contact with a man on the mark and gets a 50m penalty, what is going on?
Lol..watch the replay

Richmond I love you,we win the hard way,the Richmond way,premiership players galore out,an absolute hiding from the fluros of biblical proportions yet come home with another magnificent win.

95 percent Tiger supporters there today,amazing atmosphere.

I like Gilbert. I hope Ch7 give him a chance to find his feet. He’ll get there eventually.

I like him too, but I've watched the Marngrook footy show for ages and I've not seen anything to suggest that on field interviews are likely to be his thing. I was actually gobsmacked when I first saw him playing that role on Channel 7. I hope he proves me wrong.

All I can say is when our mighty club was rampaging through some of your other clubs we must have really damaged you all psychologically.
But that's OK we'll come back again.
And the Tigers are starting to look really good again, I think we were outclassed and as I said we're a work in progress.

But yes we got a few frees , but whats new with anyone now days.
I don't understand what most of them are for anyhow.
Its a weird free kick ridden sport these days.

True...to have a rivalry there needs to be hard fought wins in big games.....you gave us no resistance in the qualifying final

So true. This is the typical no resistance I've been used to for many years.........need to build up a catalogue of some more close games I guess.....

Back