Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Melbourne > 30 pts

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Close game, thought Melbourne looked the winners for the first 3 quarters. West coast lifted when it mattered which along with inaccurate kicking won it for West coast. Enjoyable game to watch, unlucky for Melbourne in the end though.
We kicked ourselves out of it no doubt. Eagles were clearly more clinical in front of goal. Kennedy is worth three players in that game. The less said about Petracca’s costly skill errors tonight the better.

Hey Google, play Max Gawn highlights.

img_3411-jpg.675794
POTY right there!

You kicked probably 2 or 3 arsey goals though. Shuey and cripps were both half chances yet split the middle, Melbourne missed at least 4 or 5 easy goals. That's where the game was won and lost.
Can’t cop that. How is kicking goals the other team doesn’t arsey? That’s just a better skilled team doing it better than the opposition.

This.

We actually kick some goals and put real pressure on WC and the whole dynamic changes. All of a sudden they have to score and score quickly to bridge the gap all while we are gathering momentum.

Actually a reverse of the prelim. Put a 10 goal lead on the board and opposition gives up on thinking they can win. If we had dominated as strongly and it was 4.8 to 2.1 it's a totally different game.

Throw against Cripps was missed but then so was a throw against Oliver before 3qt. HTB against Smith was dodgy but he did have the ball a long time and stopped on no whistle. Can pick through frees and non frees that went against either team but it wasn't the deciding factor.

If neutrals stopped looking at the umpiring the biggest take away is that two of last year's prelim finalists are currently a fair way off that mark after 9 games. Our record is good enough to turn it around if form improves but I think Melbourne have left themselves too much to do.

Actually a reverse of the prelim. Put a 10 goal lead on the board and opposition gives up on thinking they can win. If we had dominated as strongly and it was 4.8 to 2.1 it's a totally different game.

Throw against Cripps was missed but then so was a throw against Oliver before 3qt. HTB against Smith was dodgy but he did have the ball a long time and stopped on no whistle. Can pick through frees and non frees that went against either team but it wasn't the deciding factor.

If neutrals stopped looking at the umpiring the biggest take away is that two of last year's prelim finalists are currently a fair way off that mark after 9 games. Our record is good enough to turn it around if form improves but I think Melbourne have left themselves too much to do.
You’ll win the flag.

We will finish 11th.

The umpires were putrid, but the reason we lost is when the same is there for the taking, we sh*t the bed and blew easy chances.

Uncontested dropped mark and set shot misses from Petracca, T Mac (X2) and crucial one from Baker as well all at pivotal moments. Garlett is handy from set shot but is wasteful on the run, missed 2-3 easy goals again when we were on a running break. Also doesnt attack the ball with his body and doesnt fly for marks, just waits out the back for easy scraps.

Knew at 3QT we were cooked, should of been over at that stage, but definately the best game we've played this year by a long way. The last quarter we went back to playing predictable footy and it was just picked off by Hurn and McGovern each time .
Spot on. Hit the nail on the head mate.
imgres-3.jpg

Disappointing result but the iggs really stepped it up in the last and the dees went to sleep, iggs worthy winners of a relatively average match.

ps any interstaters who havent seen an eagles game at home i implore you to check it out, their supporters lack of knowledge of the rules rivals no club.

Disappointing result but the iggs really stepped it up in the last and the dees went to sleep, iggs worthy winners of a relatively average match.

ps any interstaters who havent seen an eagles game at home i implore you to check it out, their supporters lack of knowledge of the rules rivals no club.
Jealous that we get 50k+ parochial crowd every game huh?

You kicked probably 2 or 3 arsey goals though. Shuey and cripps were both half chances yet split the middle, Melbourne missed at least 4 or 5 easy goals. That's where the game was won and lost.
That's football though - have to take your chances when they are there. Can't cry over spilt milk at the end of the game hen you haven't taken your chances. That's just how it is.

Jealous that we get 50k+ parochial crowd every game huh?

sure a little, you guys are known for your die hards but i was reffering to the entire crowd screaming ball every single time a dee got tackled, comical at the start but then you realise it isnt a joke. an experience i haven't had elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure a little, you guys are known for your die hards but i was reffering to the entire crowd screaming ball every single time a dee got tackled, comical at the start but then you realise it isnt a joke. an experience i haven't had elsewhere
Happens literally every game. Try watching Collingwood for instance, they start calling 'ball' before the tackle ia even laid.

So there we have it. A WC fan thinks the eagles are the only side affected by biased commentary. Any chance it may be you that is biased?

Take your tinfoil hat off FFS. They are not biased more than simply wanting a close game or an underdog win. The rest is pure paranoia
Nah, commentary were cheering for Melbourne for the whole night. Literally barracking.

It's not just a Vic v WC thing, Channel 7 have been having an on and off blue with the club for a season.

Lol

Lol painting one teams fanbase out to be the only biased bunch in the league. Happens at literally every game across the country, & is even more pronounced when an interstate team is playing.

Back