Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
80 invites were sent out to players to attend this year's Brownlow count. 9 of them for Port Adelaide players. The event will be held across 6 different venues.

Oh, almost forgot. How many Crows players were invited to attend this years count?

Z E R O.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
You'd probably need to win more than one final and you know play in a GF to be in calculations.
I thought GF votes weren't tolled up? Isn't it rewarded ON Brownlow night???

Sidebottom won it in 2018 and he had a s**t grand final, and I don't actually remember it counting towards the total votes.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought GF votes weren't tolled up? Isn't it rewarded ON Brownlow night???

Sidebottom won it in 2018 and he had a sh*t grand final, and I don't actually remember it counting towards the total votes.
The Gary Ayres Award is presented in recognition of the player who has been adjudged as the best player throughout the AFL Finals series, as voted by the Coaches on a weekly basis throughout the duration of the AFL Finals Series. Votes for the Gary Ayres Award are issued after every game of the AFL Finals series by the competing coaches, with each coach providing their 5-4-3-2-1 for the match.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
The Gary Ayres Award is presented in recognition of the player who has been adjudged as the best player throughout the AFL Finals series, as voted by the Coaches on a weekly basis throughout the duration of the AFL Finals Series. Votes for the Gary Ayres Award are issued after every game of the AFL Finals series by the competing coaches, with each coach providing their 5-4-3-2-1 for the match.
Looked up for verification. Still really weird to me. Pretty much just favours the side that plays the most games so it almost encourages losing a qualifying. And Jesus how did Sidebottom win in 2018 then?

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
80 invites were sent out to players to attend this year's Brownlow count. 9 of them for Port Adelaide players. The event will be held across 6 different venues.

Oh, almost forgot. How many Crows players were invited to attend this years count?

Z E R O.

That differs from this info, but then it is Fox, so probably #fakenews

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looked up for verification. Still really weird to me. Pretty much just favours the side that plays the most games so it almost encourages losing a qualifying. And Jesus how did Sidebottom win in 2018 then?
I wouldn't worry about until we can actually win more than one final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is the first I've heard that the Brownlow is on tonight. Someone PM me if Boak wins.

Can you forward it onto Papa G ? Jacqui Feldgate is showing a bit of cleavage so he might be unavailable tonight. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back