Autopsy AFL 2020 First Preliminary Final - Port v Tigers Fri October 16th 7:50pm AEDT / 7:20pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 81 37.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Draw - Port in extra time

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Draw - Richmond in extra time

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Hartlett decision, neither PA 'receiver' put their arms out to try to catch the ball, nor did Hartlett apologise for missing his teammate with the handpass, as usually happens in that situation. Neither 'receiver' even looked at Hartlett after he missed them. That tells you, and the umpires, what the intent was.

The ball also missed his 'intended' target by 2 metres, for a 2 metre handball. Deliberate all day long.

View attachment 987836

EDIT: No I don't work in McDonald's marketing.

What is alarming and requires discussion is the use of the word Parmi.

Rather than trying to blame the call on Hartlett look to some other instances that contributed.
Duursma’s missed mark dead in front.
4th qtr
centre clearances and clearances in general. Ports on ballers not manning up or standing flat footed.
Boak’s decision to hit to the boundary with less than a minute to go, rather than whack it forward.
Poor forward entry to hit Grimes? in the clear by 30 metres.
Probably plenty of others.
To pick one instance out shows little knowledge of the game really. IMO. Just poor sportsmanship and disappointment showing through.
Its like some of the port supporters calling for Hinkley’s head. They weren’t saying much before the game when he had them winning the McClellan Trophy for the minor premiership. It’s a game of inches sometimes.

Richmond missed chances with some simple set shots during the game. Lynch’s non mark similar to Duursma’s.
Poor umpiring decisions Ie Bolton’s deliberate oob as he was slung in a tackle. Plenty of other missed opportunities.
But that's the game.

Definitely game

Look2Me4Guidance stewie griffen

Anybody with half a clue about footy knows bash and crash the ball forward in the wet or forget about it.
It’s bash and crash all the time now though. No disrespect to the Tiges, but the game in general is a tough watch nowadays.

Just on the umpiring, there were memes about it with Hawthorn a few years back. Winners usually look like they’re getting the rub of the green. Funny that.

It’s bash and crash all the time now though. No disrespect to the Tiges, but the game in general is a tough watch nowadays.

Just on the umpiring, there were memes about it with Hawthorn a few years back. Winners usually look like they’re getting the rub of the green. Funny that.
I honestly never notice the umpires win or lose I just don’t get it. It’s just happens in footy you sim some and you lose some.
It is more bash snd crash these days but honestly same days watching Richmond move the ball so fast and clean by hand it’s unbelievable.
You’d reckon it’s 4 goals each everyweek they way people carry on, but please give us back full length quarters and seasons!

I honestly never notice the umpires win or lose I just don’t get it. It’s just happens in footy you sim some and you lose some.
It is more bash snd crash these days but honestly same days watching Richmond move the ball so fast and clean by hand it’s unbelievable.
You’d reckon it’s 4 goals each everyweek they way people carry on, but please give us back full length quarters and seasons!
I actually like the 16 minute quarters. Nowadays with the 20 minutes the game ends up at something like 130 minutes with all the time on. 90 for soccer and 80 for rugby...

Agree to disagree here. You’re not going to sway me with your opinion and I won’t be able to sway you either. I doubt you’d be happy if the tigers had lost by a goal and that free was paid against your team in the last part of the game.
Not like he was gifted the free in the goal square, he still had to kick the goal from a tight angle from the boundary line under extreme pressure.

Haha I'd be equally smug right now if I were in your shoes.

If you win it this year it would easily be the most impressive of the 3, without doubt.

it’s not smug, it’s the best teams win. Regardless of anything. That’s what makes them great. Every Premier has earned that cup. To suggest anything else isfoolhardy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like the 16 minute quarters. Nowadays with the 20 minutes the game ends up at something like 130 minutes with all the time on. 90 for soccer and 80 for rugby...

Ninety minutes for soccer and 80 for rugby is at least an hour too long for both. I could watch footy all day long.

Isn't it stunning how quickly the narrative changes?

If the shoe were on the other foot and Victoria was the team where all teams had to hub, I doubt you'd have posters like above screaming about it being a farce when a Victorian team wins it.

"If you're good enough to win it on the day, you're good enough"
"5 star accommodation"
"Not our fault Victoria has most of the teams here anyway, bad luck"
"Seems like you're using hotels and hubs as an excuse for your inferior performances"
Hope you enjoyed this weekends results Harris, you’ve learned a valuable lesson, premierships aren’t won first week of finals:)

Baffles me anyone thinks that Hartlett decision was anything but correct. Open palmed it on the full out of bounds into the fence, and wasn't even close to Rockliff.

As deliberate as it gets, what the rule was intended for.

The ones that need discussion are the down the line clearance kicks that bounce right angles towards the line

Yep def deliberate. what I find most bizarre is why didn’t he tap it to Rockliff, who was about 1m to the left where the ball went out. then at least he could have ridden a tackle over

Did you mean counting your chickens before they hatch? You're embarrassing yourself
Only embarrassing people are you and your mate Harris with your ridiculous trolling that has come back to bite you on the arse. All the advantages any team can get and you still fluffed it haha.
Enjoy watching next week. Go Tigers! 👍

Last edited:
Only embarrassing people are you and your mate Harris with your ridiculous trolling that has come back to bite you on the arse. All the advantages any team can get and you still fluffed it haha.
Enjoy watching next week losers👍
Shows how much respect you have for Geelong, good luck next week, you're gonna ******* need it

Shows how much respect you have for Geelong, good luck next week, you're gonna ******* need it
You really are lost aren't you? I'm not cocky like you guys thinking you'll win before the bounce. Geelong are every chance on your home ground. Quote me where I said we would beat Geelong? Talk about clutching at straws. #losers

You really are lost aren't you? I'm not cocky like you guys thinking you'll win before the bounce. Geelong are every chance on your home ground. Quote me where I said we would beat Geelong? Talk about clutching at straws. #losers
Haha young team ain't losers, and it's a sunny day in QLD, might go to the beach, cya floggo

Back