Autopsy AFL 2020 First Semi Final - Cats v Pies Sat October 10th 7:40pm/6:40 AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A7BDF494-FACD-4C32-9EAA-3B0E66DADD78.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
FIRST SEMI FINAL • GEELONG V COLLINGWOOD
SATURDAY OCTOBER 10TH 7:40PM AEDT/6:40PM AEST (GABBA)

LAST TIME THEY MET ROUND 7
GEELONG 5.5.35
COLLINGWOOD 8.9.57

JOIN THE BIGFOOTY FINALS TIPPING COMPETITION!

Finals Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip the AFL Finals now

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

FINALS TEAMS

CATS

B: J.Henry, H.Taylor, J.Bews
HB: L.Henderson, M.Blicavs, T.Stewart
C: Z.Tuohy, J.Selwood, S.Menegola
HF: L.Dahlhaus, G.Rohan, G.Miers
F: M.O’Connor, T.Hawkins, G.Ablett
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield, C.Guthrie

I/C: J.Kolodjashnij, M.Duncan, B.Parfitt, S.Simpson
EMG: T.Atkins, Z.Guthrie, E.Ratugolea, B.Close

IN: S.Simpson
OUT: T.Atkins

MAGPIES

B: J.Crisp, J.Roughead, J.Madgen
HB: B.Maynard, D.Moore, I.Quaynor
C: C.Mayne, A.Treloar, J.Daicos
HF: W.Hoskin-Elliott, B.Mihocek, J.Thomas
F: J.Elliott, M.Cox, J.De Goey
FOLL: B.Grundy, T.Adams, S.Pendlebury

I/C: J.Stephenson, J.Noble, L.Greenwood, D.Cameron
EMG: W.Kelly, T.Brown, T.Varcoe, M.Keane

No changes

BYES - BRISBANE PORT ADELAIDE

GET YOUR FREE DIGITAL AFL FINALS RECORD HERE

GEELONG 15.10.100
COLLINGWOOD 5.2.32

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Feels like the Pies are a really good chance to take us out. In recent years they've matched up very well against us. Their midfield depth, speed of ball movement and pressure tends to get to us, and this season they and Richmond were the sides to beat us the most convincingly during the H&A.

That said, you could have said similar about our last two SFs, particularly the 2017 one against the Swans, and we wound up doing okay in those.

banzai

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Geelong normally play well in week 2 dont they? Beat the Eagles last year. Smashed Sydney in 2017 as big outsiders. Its week 1 and 3 they struggle in. Also I think Collingwood could pay a price for their extra quarantine. Maybe had one last big game in them on the weekend. Cats by 3 goals.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm tipping Geelong but not without much confidence. I know they're typically strong in their semi-final performance and I think they've played their best footy at the Gabba this year, no? So I'm backing them, but I do think the Pies could be "on" all October because the shorter quarters and being back in Qld for the remainder of the series should negate the fatigue factor. I'd be surprised if there were more than 3 goals in this.

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geel might be playing the team that finished 8th. But are they a genuine 8th placed team? No they're not. But for a terrible injury run this year the pies would have finished top 4. They have built steadily over the last month of the h&a season to some very good form and to better fitness. Should have beaten bris, ultra competitive with port, beat the eagles in perth in a final. 3 pretty good efforts in their last 4 games, the other was a comfortable win over suns, and before that run of games took carlton to the cleaners in the 2nd half. Only howe and sidebottom missing from the 22 they would ideally like to run out with this week. Very notably beat Geelong easily early in season without either howe or sidebottom playing. No greenwood last time too which will assist against geel mids. so we can throw semi final history out the window this week - this is effectively a week 2 game between 2 genuine top 5 sides

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Could go either way but I think Geelong in a close one. Extra day break, less travel/quarantine, and will be desperate to win. I wish I had a team to go for in this game but I don't. Just hope the winner is dog tired so Brisbane will pick them off easily.

Back