Autopsy AFL 2020 First Semi Final - Cats v Pies Sat October 10th 7:40pm/6:40 AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the flattest I’ve seen a footy team in a final for a long time. Geelong was under no pressure at any stage. It’s as if the players had thought the accolades of their brilliant win against the odds last week was enough for them and were satisfied enough not to bother bringing the heat last night. I’d be livered as a supporter.

Just finished watching Nathan Buckley's post-game presser a few moments ago - He's always articulate, straightforward and pretty honest. I don't know why he gets such a hard time from some on this board. He's a good coach who just needs a fraction more luck with personnel and injuries.
Luck has nothing to do with effort and there was zero effort last night. Sure they’ve had injuries but they had exactly the same team from the previous week which brought in effort and won. It was a pitiful effort.

Classy gesture from Chris Scott after the game to approach the Pies players and ask if anyone was going to be hanging up the boots in case the Geelong players were needed to form a guard of honour.

Speaks volumes of the bloke's class and the respect Scott has for the game and the opposition. :thumbsu:

Hmmm, I thought he actually went up and pointed out a couple of the Pies players and told them they should considering retiring.

Classy gesture from Chris Scott after the game to approach the Pies players and ask if anyone was going to be hanging up the boots in case the Geelong players were needed to form a guard of honour.
He did have plenty of time to think about classy gestures. He'd probably written his post-match speech and formulated the answers to the presser by half time.

No you stop posting, would be a better idea? This is what this is about isn't it, debating how you feel? But just saying shut up means nothing!
You sound like an escaped mental patient.

Who gives a * what Hawthorn did five seasons ago.

Cheer up, I just watched my club put in the most pathetic display I can recall, have thrown the remote and sworn at the tv a hundred times and I STILL sound less miserable than you.
Yeah I know .
It's more for me about the state of the game, and how it is changing under our noses, rules and other changes, I couldn't believe last night, that was not Collingwood last night, they had the "off...est" night of being off, I have seen.
I knew Geelong were good, but I thought the Pies would win, I guess I am watching finals and wondering why all games aren't real contests, but contest seems to be gone from the game now.
Still like your Big Tree, next year you got to give it another shot again.2018 was stolen, and my Hawks have a couple of years to go yet. So relax
ha ha .

Yeah I know .
It's more for me about the state of the game, and how it is changing under our noses, rules and other changes, I couldn't believe last night, that was not Collingwood last night, they had the "off...est" night of being off, I have seen.
I knew Geelong were good, but I thought the Pies would win, I guess I am watching finals and wondering why all games aren't real contests, but contest seems to be gone from the game now.
Still like your Big Tree, next year you got to give it another shot again.2018 was stolen, and my Hawks have a couple of years to go yet. So relax
ha ha .
Did you miss the first week of finals or something

Yeah I know .
ha ha .
Great post
in regard to “off...est night”. Buckley did mention that that was their 3rd 10 goal loss this year. in shortened games and a shortened season that’s pretty significant for a team that a premiership chance.
It’s all about when you have your off nights and mental strength. Bulldogs had a few huge losses in 2016 but got their run right So could go both ways but last night was an effortless game I switched over and watch the NRL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinary effort by Geelong player on Quaynor at 15 minute mark of 2nd quarter. Hawkinsesque.
Very much in contrast to Paddy's effort when in the same 'play' Dangerfield split the pack.

Last edited:
Back