AFL 2020 Fixture Wishlist

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Hey Everyone. I'm creating this thread due to the fact that the AFL Fixture 2020 is coming out soon. I'll start off

1. Collingwood get double ups against
Richmond x2
GWS x2
Geelong x2
Essendon Or North Melbourne x2
Carlton x2

2. Playing Adelaide and Sydney at Marvel (NO MARVEL STADIUM TEAMS)
+ Finally get to verse Sydney in Melbourne after 7 YEARS travelling to ANZ stadium and SCG

3. Less Friday nights and more Saturday afternoons

That's all from me, Now it's your turn.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I want the Tigers to get a fixture that actually follows the 6-6-6 formula for the first time in 4 years. That is the policy of the AFL.... it is about time they applied it correctly to the Tigers.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
I want the Tigers to get a fixture that actually follows the 6-6-6 formula for the first time in 4 years. That is the policy of the AFL.... it is about time they applied it correctly to the Tigers.

In 2019 the Tiges got double ups against:

Collingwood (2nd)
Melbourne (4th)
GWS (6th)
Port Adelaide (10th)
Carlton (18th)

Here's the rule btw:
Top six: Clubs ranked 1-6 on the 2015 ladder will have a minimum of two and maximum of three return meetings with other top six clubs. They will have a minimum of one and maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have either no return meetings or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 13-18.

They actually got the maximum possible against other top 6 clubs.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In 2019 the Tiges got double ups against:

Collingwood (2nd)
Melbourne (4th)
GWS (6th)
Port Adelaide (10th)
Carlton (18th)

Here's the rule btw:

They actually got the maximum possible against other top 6 clubs.

4 years in a row that the Tigers have got the absolute minimum = easiest = fixture possible based on the formula. It is out of step with how the 6-6-6 has been applied in the past to teams who finish on top/win the flag.

The teams who finish 5-6 are supposed to get the minimum.... not the teams on top.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
4 years in a row that the Tigers have got the absolute minimum = easiest = fixture possible based on the formula. It is out of step with how the 6-6-6 has been applied in the past to teams who finish on top/win the flag.

The teams who finish 5-6 are supposed to get the minimum.... not the teams on top.

Absolute minimum would be 2-2-1. Richmond got 3-1-1.

The rules were applied correctly. Cope harder.

2018 double ups:

Crows (2nd)
Cats (3rd)
Bombers (8th)
Hawks (12th)
Pies (13th)

So 2-2-1. Again within the rules. Pies and Hawks ended up big improvers in 2018 too.

TigerGlory

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bonbeach Sharks

But we had three return meetings against top 6 sides from the year before. You can’t get anymore than that according to the formula so I don’t understand your argument?

We also werent the top side in 2018. We would have been third after finals which is what would have been used as the calculation, so West Coast should have gotten the most difficult fixture.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Absolute minimum would be 2-2-1. Richmond got 3-1-1.

The rules were applied correctly. Cope harder.

2018 double ups:

Crows (2nd)
Cats (3rd)
Bombers (8th)
Hawks (12th)
Pies (13th)

So 2-2-1. Again within the rules. Pies and Hawks ended up big improvers in 2018 too.

It should be

3 in the top 6
1 in the top 8
1 from 8-12

TigerGlory

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bonbeach Sharks
It should be 4 x top 8 teams for the flag winner/top of the table.

Last year Richmond got 3, plus port who were predicted to slide and gold coast.

But that isn’t the rule. The rule is a maximum of 3 return games against other top 6 clubs. Which we did, so I don’t see how Richmond are getting the softest draw when they are meeting the criteria for Top 6 clubs.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But that isn’t the rule. The rule is a maximum of 3 return games against other top 6 clubs. Which we did, so I don’t see how Richmond are getting the softest draw when they are meeting the criteria for Top 6 clubs.

I don't have time at the moment (sorry). I will pick up this convo latter and try to argue my position with more info. Cheers.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It should be 4 x top 8 teams for the flag winner/top of the table.

Last year Richmond got 3, plus port who were predicted to slide and gold coast.
Predicted? they could have made the finals up to the last week.

No one knows what is or isnt a tough draw until the end of the season should be random but AFL likes money too much.

Oh we had 2 home games in our first 8 this year both against co tenants that finished in the top 4 in 2018, hardest predicted start of any team not our fault Melbourne shat the bed. This is why we finished with 7 at the G, swings and roundabouts oeople.

Back