AFL 2020 Fixture Wishlist

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair enough mate, I guess I was jumping the gun there, Richmond's recent success and popularity has seen them rise up quite quickly both in my perception of what they are as a club and I daresay what the AFL's perception of them will be too. I'm expecting Richmond will be treated basically as Collingwood v2 by the AFL going forward!
I hope so, minus the dickhead president

Anzac day should be Collingwood and Essendon only.

Other teams can play on the following monday and tuesday
Collingwood and Essendon don’t own the day.

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ultimate wish RE: Collingwood's fixture is to play the Swans in Melbourne. To have not done so in SEVEN years is utterly ridiculous.

Other than that not terribly fussed - I'd like to think the AFL doesn't give any club 7 straight games at their home ground to finish the season again though.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Then remove yourself from Easter Monday and force the AFL to send the Hawks to KP, question is does your club want to remove itself from that fixture or are they happy to play the Hawks at the G as a home game every second year.
Every year we ask for 11 home games at KP. Undeniable Fact.

Therefore we ask by consequence that every 2nd year the Easter Monday game be played at KP. The AFL don't want this/don't like this so it doesn't happen.

Pretty simple s**t really. AFL controls the FIX, so when the AFL says you play home games at Marvel (for richmond) or MCG (for geelong) you just cop it because there's nothing you can do.

Qclash sunday night 3 may at metricon. Prime time on free to air nationally.

Its a qld public holiday on the next day.

Afl - please look at various state holidays not just vic public holidays

Sunday night footy on FTA nationally does not work unless it's a special occasion--- a state based public holiday for a Q-Clash is not a 'special' occasion for most fans and the game won't get even half the viewers that My Kitchen Rules/Australia's Got Talent/Insert Ch7 reality show here would get on a Sunday night.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Every year we ask for 11 home games at KP. Undeniable Fact.

Therefore we ask by consequence that every 2nd year the Easter Monday game be played at KP. The AFL don't want this/don't like this so it doesn't happen.

Pretty simple s**t really. AFL controls the FIX, so when the AFL says you play home games at Marvel (for richmond) or MCG (for geelong) you just cop it because there's nothing you can do.
Then remove yourself from the Easter Monday fixture, like I said are Geelong prepared to do this in their quest to have 11 home games at KP, I suspect not.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Since when is this a rule?
Under the weighted rule, teams in the top 6 can only have a maximum 1 double up against teams from the bottom 6.

Now considering that same state teams both finished in the top 6 and bottom 6 and they will play each other twice, that leaves Coll, Gee and Rich from the top 6 playing Melb, St K and Car from the bottom 6.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Under the weighted rule, teams in the top 6 can only have a maximum 1 double up against teams from the bottom 6.

Now considering that same state teams both finished in the top 6 and bottom 6 and they will play each other twice, that leaves Coll, Gee and Rich from the top 6 playing Melb, St K and Car from the bottom 6.

Yeah but GC and BRIS don't HAVE to play each other twice...

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
For Richmond it is not much other than maybe not going to AO twice for once. Prefer to go there twice than going to Perth twice though. Another thing is to spread out the MCG home games because it was very skewed this season where we had barely any home ground advantage in the first half and a heap of it at the end.

Also, don’t be stubborn AFL and just give Geelong all home games at KP including finals. Listen to the fans

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Sunday night footy on FTA nationally does not work unless it's a special occasion--- a state based public holiday for a Q-Clash is not a 'special' occasion for most fans and the game won't get even half the viewers that My Kitchen Rules/Australia's Got Talent/Insert Ch7 reality show here would get on a Sunday night.
Make it a foxtel game then. The timeslot is important. Foxtel should forgo the sat twilight this would normally get and make it a sunday game instead

Make it a foxtel game then. The timeslot is important. Foxtel should forgo the sat twilight this would normally get and make it a sunday game instead

Sunday night footy is important?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Qclash sunday night 3 may at metricon. Prime time on free to air nationally.

Its a qld public holiday on the next day.

Afl - please look at various state holidays not just vic public holidays
Big ask. You're going to have trouble displacing air crash investigation repeats from 7mate.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
My wishlist is for no wishlists.

Screw the TV contacts, make the draw as fair as possible over a 3 year period. For instance every Mel team should have 5 Perth trips over 3 years. After 3 years the home and away series between 2 clubs should also be close to balanced.

Make Saturday afternoon at the G a thing, actually promote it like Friday night football is promoted.

No arse kissing anymore, this is a sport we pay for so organise it like one.
If everyone travels to Perth 5 times over a 3 year period that’s 80 games in Perth, or about 13 home games per year for West Coast and Fremantle. In other words, it doesn’t work.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Sunday night footy is important?
Well given they wont give us a friday night game in a decade why not a sunday night game with day off afterwards meaning people can go to a late game with no commitments the day after as its a day off

Well given they wont give us a friday night game in a decade why not a sunday night game with day off afterwards meaning people can go to a late game with no commitments the day after as its a day off

So you're complaining that a team that has never finished higher than 12th on the ladder hasn't had a Friday night game?

On Friday nights I want to see high quality games amongst the top teams-- not the wooden spooners.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
So you're complaining that a team that has never finished higher than 12th on the ladder hasn't had a Friday night game?

On Friday nights I want to see high quality games amongst the top teams-- not the wooden spooners.
Other teams have had Friday night games when they have been at the bottom. Ideally each team would have at least one and the top 6 from prior year would have more.

Back