AFL 2020 Fixture Wishlist

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has the AFL confirmed the season dates? When is the Grand Final?
I haven't seen a season dates release from the AFL as normally would be, but take these as read given several confirmations of fixturing:

Round 1 is March 19-22
Round 4 Easter Apr 9-13 (Lions-Pies @ Gabba confirmed Thu 9 April)
Round 6 ANZAC Apr 24-26 (Mel-Ric Friday night, Col-Ess Saturday arvo)
Round 11 May 29-31 (Saints-Port China confirmed Sun arvo)
Round 23 August 21-23
Bye weekend August 28-30
QF weekend Sep 3-5
SF weekend Sep 11-12
Prelims Sep 18-19
GF Sat 26 Sep

All Non-Victorian teams to play Vic Clubs at the G and only at the G in the H&A season. Not some hole in Tassie or NT.
All Vic teams to play Non-Victorian Clubs at the G and only at the G in the H&A season. Not some hole like Adelaide Oval or Metricon.

And so they should schedule a monday night game in wa to take advantage of that. But they wont.

Yep. The AFL misses some real opportunities for things like this. A primetime to other states, Twilight fixture in Perth on Monday 1 June for WA day should be a no brainer every year. And next year, double down on that with the ANZAC public holiday game too. Makes too much sense

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Now that the Crows are back to being crap again i am expecting more twilight games and the odd 1:15pm(cst) saturday arvo game at AO
We will get our 1 thurs night game and 1 friday night game at AO but the others will be rubbish time slots.
I would love to get Carlton at AO in 2020.. we have only played them once in Adelaide in 8 years i think.
avoid Geelong at GMHBA.

AeneasX

Debutant
Jun 26, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Richmond vs West Coast x2 or we riot.
Excited for GWS vs Bulldogs, Richmond vs Collingwood and Carlton vs Essendon as well.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Oh I nearly forgot - if the AFL can do us a solid and limit the number of Sun 3:20pm games to none or one like this year, that would be tops 👍

I assume you mean a WA twilight game so it goes prime time in the East.
yep, say 440 start or 540 start WST

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Well considering we are subsidizing this league I expect the following

22 Thursday Friday or Saturday night games

Not to leave Vixtoria after June

Minimum 7 day break for all games

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Jokes aside it will be interesting if the AFL address that massive benefit in the name of equalization.

Tigers playing the Eagles twice in the home and away rounds would be another. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Everyone wants to play richmond twice

You need to stand patiently in line and beg

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Oh I nearly forgot - if the AFL can do us a solid and limit the number of Sun 3:20pm games to none or one like this year, that would be tops 👍

I assume you mean a WA twilight game so it goes prime time in the East.

You don’t get enough Sundays. You can have more and we can have the best time slots for the second time in 20 years. Eddie gets his way every year. This time the premier has them

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don’t get enough Sundays. You can have more and we can have the best time slots for the second time in 20 years. Eddie gets his way every year. This time the premier has them
We only got a handful in 2019, but I'm fairly sure we got 7 or 8 in each of the two seasons prior.

And in case you missed it, we finished top four and made the preliminary finals so I reckon we're good to continue to feature in premium timeslots. Thanks though!

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Everyone wants to play richmond twice

You need to stand patiently in line and beg

LOL. More like patiently wait for the AFL to actually do what they say and equalise the comp in the fixtures. It wont happen until the fat cats at AFL House change the bonus structures that rely on attendence records.

Eagles dont beg for anything.

Back