Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't call him Nank the Tank for nothing. The big fella can go all day. Beat 2 solid ruck duo's in the prelim and the granny with barely any chopout at all.

45:23 in Hitouts is winning? Lycett kicked a huge goal as well. The review carried on about his 4 marks in defence when Hartlett nailed him on a chestmark 15m in space and he got paid last touch twice with Port just bombing it to outnumbers.

Great effort from the cats and almost identical game to 2019 prelim , We were 22 down and my daughter asked me Dad are we done !

I said to her not yet last year in the prelim we were 21 points down and still won by 19 (she was almost crying before i told her)

Cannot believe it worked out this way .......................... DAD YOU WERE RIGHT she said

What a game

Dusty what a player.

p.s Alot of classy posts from alot of people and some great posts from cats fans . Well done guys

I thought we were done at halftime, all signs pointed to Geelong cantering away to a premiership. When Vlaustin's game ended I think we lost structure. My wife, who has watched 3 games of football in her entire life 2017, 19 and 20 GFs) said to me no you guys always come back. Told her you don't understand momentum and the way things go in games... In that 2nd Qtr we were kicking and passing straight back to the opposition. We looked like Carlton!!! I was pretty down at halftime and really thought we were done.

Flash forward 5 minutes into the 3rd Qtr and here's my wife on her 3rd game telling me .. 'See I told you'. * me i started to believe.

A champion TEAM(+Dusty, who really was the difference tonight when you isolate his goals.. no-one does those things repeatedly but him!) will beat a team of Champions.

It's bittersweet for me to be so far away for a dominant period, but I'm so happy for Richmond fans, staff and players. My uncle always told me 'Don't worry, we'll be back one day'.

2017 was amazing, a release, a relief. 2019 was a walk in the park. 2020 is franking greatness. I'm so proud of this club, I'm so proud of Benny Gale and his balls back in 2010, or 2011 or whatever it was to aim for Debt Free, 75,000 member and 3 premierships by 2020!

You did it Benny, you did it Dimma, and you did it Richmond FC! Thank you so much.

Credit to Geelong on a great tough game, the margin flatters Richmond. And conragtulations to Gary Ablett to a great career, right up there with one of the best in his Father's.

Pretty arrogant victory from the Tiges- not many teams can be down like that first half and come roaring back like that. Takes true confidence to pull that off, seriously impressive win. And as for Martin- no doubt in my mind he’s the best I’ve seen, simply for his ability to make things happen in the biggest moments of the biggest games.

fu** I love this club so much. We did it with so much against us. We won legit the hardest premiership of all time, we did it in hubs we did it outside of Melbourne we did it when everyone said we wouldn't.

The difficulty of this flag has confirmed that Richmond are the GREATEST team of all time. Other teams may have better individual talent but as a team we are the best out of every team ever in history.

We also have the best player ever to have played the game. Dusty. When the game was slipping away he got it back and then pushed us into the promise land. 3 norms, he stands alone. And he is always so good when needed every year.And is the greatest of all time. I love this team so much. 😍😍😍😍
I agree with you 100%, it was the most challenging year for all, we were right in the eye of the storm and we weathered it.
Our has to go down as one of the greats.

But still some are already calling it the covid cup. Under the circumstances i'm calling it the best win I have ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you 100%, it was the most challenging year for all, we were right in the eye of the storm and we weathered it.
Our has to go down as one of the greats.

But still some are already calling it the covid cup. Under the circumstances i'm calling it the best win I have ever seen.
Agreed

Whoever won it deserves all the plaudits

Hardwick has to go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

You look at this team on paper, compare it to the Lions, Cats & Hawks eras of the last 20 years. Heck, on paper, this team doesn't stack up to the 09/10 Saints or to 10/11 Magpies.

But Dimma has changed the foundation of the competition with his approach.

Yes he has a system. Yes he has a method. Beyond that though he appears to just 'let them play' and the whole team embraces each other and wills themselves to be better.

Then you add in Martin. The finals GOAT. Never have we see a guy switch it on in big games like he does. It's like Michael Jordan, LeBron James or Tom Brady. Incredible.

Right now it feels like age it the only thing that can stop them. Time catching up on JRoo & Houli, Cotch maybe slows down a step... But that's the beauty of the system. Dimma will pull one cog out of the machine & bolt another one in there like he did with Balta & Rance.

Congratulations Tigers. This was the hardest flag to win since the war era. The logistics and people management alone are staggering.

How does anyone stop this mob in 2021?

Well done to Geelong for an awesome year. And well done to Gaz and Harry Taylor on outstanding careers. 3-0-75 and dynasty confirmed. Tiges are a remarkable team and club. Dusty is a freak.

We wereunder the pump early,then the incidents that had a massive amount of mayo on them to be fair especially the Lynch ones.

The Stacky and CCJ incident actually gave our club the “us versus them” mentality.

No words for Dustin Martin,talk all week in the media of how to stop him,every knew he was a major focus,yet he still comes out and wins another Norm Smith.

Benny Gale,was laughed at when he presented the 3-0-75 ,,3 flags by 2020,zero debt and 75k members,those have all been ticked off.

So to our staff,not forgetting what Gary March did to start the ball rolling,he was very headstrong on getting Dimma to the club,I hope you are enjoying these times Gary and TY for starting this magnificent journey which us members and supporters are enjoying.

Peggy,for her passion to our club and goes about her job quietly but super efficient,like us,watched from a TV set at home,congratulations on all your hard work,to borrow a song from your original home,
Take me home To Punt Road!

It’s Tiger Time!

Dimmasty written in history,incredible.

Dusty,we got him due to a Jordan goal against the Dees,TY footballing Gods,Dusty is like the Winx of footy,Richmond were like Ali against Foreman,rumble in the jungle,took some hard punches,but by the last quarter,their opponent was tired and Richmond ran right over the top of them,kudos to Houli,a busted calf ,injured in the first quarter,Vlastuin off after a heavy hit,imagine both of those players out at the same time?,Houli ,with his injury,got better as the game wore on,a bit like what Dermie and Dipper did in ‘89.

TY Richmond,in a horrible year of covid,we have now beaten a Vic team ,away from home to win a flag,one great thing about covid is that it destroyed those myths about us only winning at the G and having a lopsided crowd.

This team is truly one of the great teams of all time,Dusty ,the greatest of all time in finals,the humblesness of the bloke is incredible.

One hungoven happy Tiger.

Love the bf crew,I had fun with this year while we couldn’t go to the games,Natural Disaster,Michaels and Tugga and the crew,I know
i probably annoyed alot with my rants but love the bf crew.
Tiger71’s award for the most passionate Tiger.

“Love yas all“ Jeff Fenech

P.S. kudos to the master of Geelong,Gary Ablett junior on a sensational career at Geelong,Cats ,like us are a proud club and will be back again to battle us next year.

Last edited:
First post game comment.

Well played Geelong. The margin doesn't do the closeness of the game justice.

Easily the best and closest game of our 3, and Geelong fans should be proud of their team. They kept in it right up to the end, and the blowout at the end was in no small part due to them throwing everything at it right at the end. Respect.

Second comment.

Dusty is a freak.
Geelong actually had Richmond on the ropes in the first half. Amazing how Richmond fought back and ended up by winning by 5 goals.

We wereunder the pump early,then the incidents that had a massive amount of mayo on them to be fair especially the Lynch ones.

The Stacky and CCJ incident actually gave our club the “us versus them” mentality.

No words for Dustin Martin,talk all week in the media of how to stop him,every knew he was a major focus,yet he still comes out and wins another Norm Smith.

Benny Gale,was laughed at when he presented the 3-0-75 ,,3 flags by 2020,zero debt and 75k members,those have all been ticked off.

So to our staff,not forgetting what Gary March did to start the ball rolling,he was very headstrong on getting Dimma to the club,I hope you are enjoying these times Gary and TY for starting this magnificent journey which us members and supporters are enjoying.

Peggy,for her passion to our club and goes about her job quietly but super efficient,like us,watched from a TV set at home,congratulations on all your hard work,to borrow a song from your original home,
Take me home To Punt Road!

It’s Tiger Time!

Dimmasty written in history,incredible.

Dusty,we got him due to a Jordan goal against the Dees,TY footballing Gods,Dusty is like the Winx of footy,Richmond were like Ali against Foreman,rumble in the jungle,took some hard punches,but by the last quarter,their opponent was tired and Richmond ran right over the top of them,kudos to Houli,a busted calf ,injured in the first quarter,Vlastuin off after a heavy hit,imagine both of those players out at the same time?,Houli ,with his injury,got better as the game wore on,a bit like what Dermie and Dipper did in ‘89.

TY Richmond,in a horrible year of covid,we have now beaten a Vic team ,away from home to win a flag,one great thing about covid is that it destroyed those myths about us only winning at the G and having a lopsided crowd.

This team is truly one of the great teams of all time,Dusty ,the greatest of all time in finals,the humblesness of the bloke is incredible.

One hungoven happy Tiger.

Love the bf crew,I had fun with this year while we couldn’t go to the games,Natural Disaster and Tugga and the crew,I know
i probably annoyed alot with my rants but love the bf crew.

“Love yas all“ Jeff Fenech

P.S. kudos to the master of Geelong,Gary Ablett junior on a sensational career at Geelong,Cats ,like us are a proud club and will be back again to battle us next year.
Well said Smasha

Enjoy the era

Anyone got footage of Joel Softwood going for some face action late in the game???

What a WARRIOR!
How was the commentators saying how great that was, the fight that he’s showing? Couldn’t believe my eyes and ears. Lynch has been absolutely roasted all year for stuff that was a fraction as bad as that.

Absolutely rapped with the win but can't help feel a little bit sorry for Gazza. I'm a millenial so didnt grow up watching Gaz Snr. rip it up but for a bloke to follow in his dads very big footsteps and not only match it with his old man but exceed it I rkn is not an easy thing to do. Have always loved watching him play and will definitely miss watching him ply his craft. Much respect to the little master.

Paddy can gagf though
Gary Ablett jnr is one of the greats of the game, but I can't really go as far as saying I feel sorry for him. Yes it would have been nice for him to finish on a high with a premiership (If they weren't playing Richmond), but he already has a couple of premierships from earlier in his career. If he wasn't part of previous premierships and this was his last chance for one then I'd feel a little sorry for him.

Back