Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always the best Sunday after the GF ritual reading Bigfootys best sooks go hard.
You could back it in and tick them off as you go Lynch✔ Jack ✔ Pickett ✔ Rohan✔ Rioli✔ Miers✔ Night GF✔Pre match and Half time entertainment ✔Ash Barty ✔ Kids✔ Umpires✔ Commentary ✔Angry WC fans✔️
It’s when the very best of the best whingers on BF convene and go hard, they never disappoint.
Well played.

Lol @ people going off at Ash Barty presenting the cup. She's the best in a game that is popular worldwide, presenting the cup to a team in a sport that is popular in half of Australia. They should feel privileged.
Current World Number One in tennis, why wouldn't you want her presenting??? How many number one players in any sport are that available to the public?

Anyone got footage of Joel Softwood going for some face action late in the game???

What a WARRIOR!

Every time I forgot how much of a grub he is, he does something like that. Absolute *******. As much as I have no sympathy for Lynch copping it this year (which was thoroughly deserved), there are still players that have been untouchable and Selwood is one of those. You will have a kid like Rozee getting called out for acting when he is getting two handed pushes in the back and dragged down while Selwood has ducked and flailed around all career with impunity while going in the snipe off the ball when he can. Then the narrative slowly builds up over time like it has with Gray. 'blah blah blah, he'd get more frees if he didn't play it up'. No he wouldn't, he's been mugged for years and gets nothing. Meanwhile Selwood can go in with a flying headbutt and get a high free.

Absolute joke.
Imagine the outrage if it was Cotch in or Lynch.

Amazing how you guys are all of a sudden the bastions of fair play. He was never getting weeks for it. He retracted his arm after punching the ball and braced. Its fine to ram people's heads into the turf and try to break people's necks in tackles, but someone runs into a player trying to protect himself it's all of a sudden a problem.

Absolute joke.
Imagine the outrage if it was Cotch in or Lynch.
I can't actually work out why Christian didn't cite Dangerfield. Lead with his fist at the ball when other options were available, clearly knew that a player was coming because he braced and he did not pull the forearm in. Mockery now made of the head is sacrosanct diatribe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't actually work out why Christian didn't cite Dangerfield. Lead with his fist at the ball when other options were available, clearly knew that a player was coming because he braced and he did not pull the forearm in. Mockery now made of the head is sacrosanct diatribe.
Off to the tribunal and let them decide.

Obviously heavily biased towards a champ who's suffered enough by losing a grand final

One of the dumbest takes so far. Not a single Richmond player remonstrated with him at the time because it was a contact sport accident.

Every time I forgot how much of a grub he is, he does something like that. Absolute *******. As much as I have no sympathy for Lynch copping it this year (which was thoroughly deserved), there are still players that have been untouchable and Selwood is one of those. You will have a kid like Rozee getting called out for acting when he is getting two handed pushes in the back and dragged down while Selwood has ducked and flailed around all career with impunity while going in the snipe off the ball when he can. Then the narrative slowly builds up over time like it has with Gray. 'blah blah blah, he'd get more frees if he didn't play it up'. No he wouldn't, he's been mugged for years and gets nothing. Meanwhile Selwood can go in with a flying headbutt and get a high free.

Spot on. Even worse is that he expects it - I've never seen a player whinge at the umpires more.

Mate you are passionate and pretty even handed and to be honest mate I’m actually really happy for the real fans, the guys who bleed for it but can still see what’s in front of them.

Genuinely happy for you mate and you should be proud, I’m actually really proud of how much my team threw at a great side tonight and it simply wasn’t enough.

Well done and enjoy the night buddy
all class mate, congrats on your season and best of luck next year

How many high drafts picks have North had dickhead? With supporters like you i'm glad Geelong lost. Suck it up
I am not here to potshot North. But I see your points. Geelong has been like the swans, always made finals and competing. So yeah lack of top 10 picks coming their way because of it.

North had lack of top picks coming their way until this season. 2006 and 2016 aside as they finished bottom 4.

Even when north have bottomed out they rarely got a top 4 pick because they usually finish in the bottom 6 with 7-8 wins.

Can they emulate Brisbane and Hawthorn and be the next side to threepeat in the AFL era ?
They could.

They got the players to do it again. I sort of didn't expect them to win the flag this year to be honest.

I actually thought they were going to lose to port narrowly last week and win the 2021 flag and be like the cats of 2007-11.

Tzatziki_Man and Mister M , that was a hell of an effort. Considering there were more swerves this season than a Vince Russo wrestling story line...... Bro. LoL

Perhaps we should pause a moment to thank Mason Cox.

He wouldnt have known at the time but he may have saved us from Richmond in 4 consecutive Grand Finals and possibly a four-peat
I think he just switched where the B2B was. At a function in the off season Dimma said the lessons we learnt that night were a major reason we were able to win it in 2019 and now probably 2020. If we won 2018 (and even if you give us the prelim, we still had to win a GF which would have been a tremendous challenge against a fantastic eagles side) we wouldn’t learn those lessons until 2019 when Geelong put us in a scarily similar position. And then to extend it further 2020 stays the same. Maybe with the butterfly effect it’s at the G in front of 100k.

If we win it next year, maybe Mason Cox did not prevent a 3 peat, and rather sparked one instead.

Off to the tribunal and let them decide.

Obviously heavily biased towards a champ who's suffered enough by losing a grand final

If I was the MRP, I'd have made a comment in their report about having looked at it, but no sanction as he deemed it as incidental due to being a continuation from his previous action in going for the ball. I'd do that because I figure any incident that causes significant injury that isn't completely obvious (e.g. with Simpson) warrants an explanation of why it was/wasn't cited.

It SHOULD have been a free for high contact, but that's it.

I consider it similar to the Cotchin/Shiel contact in the 2017 PF. Cotchin/Dangerfield's only goals there were the ball and self preservation. That bracing for impact caused him to catch the other guy high was just bad luck....AKA incidental contact.

As a Richmond fan I feel for Vlastuin, and worried about him and the impact it would have on the game, but let's be consistent about how we judge these things. (and I trust those who still say Cotchin got off easy in 2017 are calling for Dangerfield to cop a suspension far longer than they wanted for Cotchin due to the higher impact here, lest they be accused of hypocrisy)

Back