Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quietly confident but it’s a grand final so nothing can be taken for granted, feel if we bring our best we’ll be hard to beat but cats are a well organised team so won’t be easy. Very jealous of those lucky fans able to be at the game and everyone outside of Melbourne able to watch at a pub or with friends.
Hopefully we have 2 flags to unfurl next season.
Ohh right. Wow two flags to unfurl would be amazing.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigs by 27.
Tigers to slick compared to the geelong geriatrics.
Dusty a chance to enter rare air and stand alone without peer as the greatest finals player ever.

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m glad the Cats made it because I think they are just about the only side on grand final day who will seriously trouble the Tigers.

Their maturity around the ground will seriously help them. I see guys like Selwood, Ablett, Harry T, Hawkins really guiding this ship and pulling off an all mighty Victory.

I’ve seen 1 chink in Richmond armour in 4 seasons and it was against the Pies. It was just a bad night for them where nothing went right and they couldn’t get out of their own way but it can happen.

Cats by 15 points in a classic. Ablett or Dangerfield norm smith.

RogersResults

Premiership Player
May 7, 2009
Wagga Wagga
Can't believe we actually made it.

Gonna be a cracking contest, probably blow out in the last Q to richmond, as these games tend to go

Richmond's 2020 last Qtr results: Win percentage 60.6%. For and Against % from last quarter results: 118.7%
Geelong's 2020 last Qtr results: Win percentage 63.8%. For and Against % from last quarter results: 179.0%

Well done to both teams for making it in a crazy year. Clearly the best two teams and most consistent teams of the last decade with consistent finals appearances and we saw that come out in the prelims. This is gonna be tight. Can't wait. And i am spewing because if this was in Vic, I am guaranteed a GF ticket with my membership. Would of been amazing to attend this one. The crows game was over at 3/4 time and GWS by halftime. That won't be the case this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Cats have the form and looking ominous.

Such a hard one to pick & I can't confidently pick a winner.

Fairytale finish for Ablett (to be fair, he deserves to play his last game in a granny - he's in GOAT conversation for sure). However hopefully a loss though.

Cats are also willing Dangerfield to a premiership & Scott would love to get the, 'gifted 2011 flag' off his back. It's going to be a tough match. Their record at the Gabba is bloody good. All wins have been blow outs!

We need to bring our best to beat them. Go Tigers!!!

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Can’t wait for the Selwood, Dangerfield and Scott saltiness post siren.

Looking forward to seeing all the well wishes from our Hawthorn brothers and sisters throughout this week and during the game.

I am very happy we have made it to the GF this time with two very strong finals performances. Richmond are a great side (pity about most of their supporters) and hope it is a good game on Saturday. Could really go either way.

Looking forward to seeing all the well wishes from our Hawthorn brothers and sisters throughout this week and during the game.

I am very happy we have made it to the GF this time with two very strong finals performances. Richmond are a great side (pity about most of their supporters) and hope it is a good game on Saturday. Could really go either way.

Such a silly remark on the supporters. We were going well until this.

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
On current form, Geelong wins. Thing is, I recon Richmond have another gear that they have yet to produce this finals, which they have shown in other GFs. Cats are probably closer to their ceiling.
I tipped Geelong to beat Brissy on the basis that they had a steely resolve this time around. They don't even celebrate goals anymore lol - they're just so focused.

If all Geelong's better players play well I'll think they'll win. The question is can Richmond stop them playing at their best, which they've successfully managed to do in the past.

I think Richmond will put a bit of work into GAJ and Rohan, seeing what they were able to do in the prelim.

Balta is quite a good match up for Hawk, as he's bloody strong.

If Geelong's mids get completely on top, Danger can spend more time fwd, but if Richmond's recent stoppage/clearance form continues then Danger might spend more time in the middle.

It's hard to know what to expect from Selwood, with his age and injuries.

But if all those Cats put in big games, I think we're in trouble.

Richmond has an utterly insane 18-1-1 record against Brisbane at the Gabba

That would be a very pertinent point if they were actually playing against Brisbane this week.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Two very deserving teams going head to head on neutral territory. No excuses, both teams can walk away from this season proud of their achievements but one will win a very sweet premiership in trying circumstances.
Will come down to who gets the game played on their terms, I feel a messy game that suits us is more likely to happen in any final but only just.
When we met in R17 we dominated the first 3 quarters and were lauded for being able to stop Tom Hawkins. There have been changes to both teams since then, but most importantly the Cats have had the chance to go to work and come out with a backup plan. Also that game they weren’t as desperate for the win as we were. They could afford to lose and still make top 4, we needed to win to make it. Perhaps they had something up their sleeve. I think the Cats are the most likely of all top teams to park the bus on us as a few lower sides have done this year. They aren’t as stubborn on playing their way. I think it presents as a very intriguing tactical battle, more so than the last few years. Unfortunately channel 7 will value whether Danger has been better with 30 disposals, 10 clearances and a goal or Dusty with 15 disposals, 12 score involvements and 3 goals more than the tactical battle that will decide the game.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I tipped Geelong to beat Brissy on the basis that they had a steely resolve this time around. They don't even celebrate goals anymore lol - they're just so focused.

If all Geelong's better players play well I'll think they'll win. The question is can Richmond stop them playing at their best, which they've successfully managed to do in the past.

I think Richmond will put a bit of work into GAJ and Rohan, seeing what they were able to do in the prelim.

Balta is quite a good match up for Hawk, as he's bloody strong.

If Geelong's mids get completely on top, Danger can spend more time fwd, but if Richmond's recent stoppage/clearance form continues then Danger might spend more time in the middle.

It's hard to know what to expect from Selwood, with his age and injuries.

But if all those Cats put in big games, I think we're in trouble.
The way our mids have been working this finals series where we have smashed teams in clearances, an area we haven’t been strong at, I don’t think the cats can afford to have danger up forward for too long. I think if we bring the intensity and pressure like we did against port and against the cats last time, we should win. If we make sure it’s a Richmond game, we are on the way.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Two very deserving teams going head to head on neutral territory. No excuses, both teams can walk away from this season proud of their achievements but one will win a very sweet premiership in trying circumstances.
Will come down to who gets the game played on their terms, I feel a messy game that suits us is more likely to happen in any final but only just.
When we met in R17 we dominated the first 3 quarters and were lauded for being able to stop Tom Hawkins. There have been changes to both teams since then, but most importantly the Cats have had the chance to go to work and come out with a backup plan. Also that game they weren’t as desperate for the win as we were. They could afford to lose and still make top 4, we needed to win to make it. Perhaps they had something up their sleeve. I think the Cats are the most likely of all top teams to park the bus on us as a few lower sides have done this year. They aren’t as stubborn on playing their way. I think it presents as a very intriguing tactical battle, more so than the last few years. Unfortunately channel 7 will value whether Danger has been better with 30 disposals, 10 clearances and a goal or Dusty with 15 disposals, 12 score involvements and 3 goals more than the tactical battle that will decide the game.

Dannggeeerrr! Duuuuustttyyyy! Dussttttyyy! Daaaaannnggger! *homoerotic growling noises* is pretty much what we are going to hear all day unfortunately.

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
Richmond's 2020 last Qtr results: Win percentage 60.6%. For and Against % from last quarter results: 118.7%
Geelong's 2020 last Qtr results: Win percentage 63.8%. For and Against % from last quarter results: 179.0%
Shortened quarters have killed that notion of us running over the top of teams. Winning different ways this season (which is a good thing)

M0557

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020 - What a Ride...
Aug 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
West Ham United, Boston Celtics
What???

two best teams... will be a cracker

Richmond and Geelong would of blown anyone else away.
Good call.

I reckon it is going to be a cracker of a match. a couple of goals in it either way. Just hope my Tigers are on top at the end! You never know with Grand Finals.

Just soak up the week, still the best week of the year.

Back