Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got footage of Joel Softwood going for some face action late in the game???

What a WARRIOR!
Funny no one mentions it, but oh lets all hate on Lynch (who's off play antics I don't like or condone BTW) .
Danger gets off scott free for that nice little elbow lift at the last second to make contact to his head. I believe that guilt may have got to him and affected his game a little.

....and danger did not even a get a week for that.

Well done RFC. What a club, team and recent record. I'm the jealous bloke up the road who went to an acquaintance's mansion in Punt Road yesterday, and has returned to his faeces ridden lean-to in frickin Vic Park. Some observations for your rumination.

The Vlastuin loss was heavy, took a full half of footy for them to adjust. The value of V to the side is huge, the guy may well be the next skipper, undervalued outside the club. He has developed a rep for faking it, unwarranted, he is tough as nails.

Not mentioned in the pathetic media, why would you expect anything novel from them anyway, the next biggest victim of the Vloss incident was Dangerfield, he was clearly disengaged after that, didn't have the edge after seeing Vloss out cold, it got to him.

Perspiring Dusty - after the anthem he was sweating like soldier in a brothel, it reminded me of of boxer fully warmed up for battle. And so he was.

Wet conditions - I love tackling chasing spoiling bumping pressure, wish my club knew what those words meant lol, the side of footy that the AFL hates, and is trying to destroy, so fu** you AFL, take that, as a Flag is won by tackling chasing bumping pressure etc.

Baker Mcintosh - are there any more unfashionable players running around? Fantastic games and seasons from these 2 guys who keep turning up and give everything. The anti-Dustins, but don't under estimate those blokes.

Broad - I wonder which set of breasts he will be burying his face in this year? - played an absolute ripper game helping fill the void of Vlas.

Short - I though he was close to bog. Evasive and dynamic in a game that was hard and tough.

Umpires - I didn't notice them, and thankfully for the first time this year, BF threads weren't invaded by blokes who know squat abt footy talking abt umps.

Cat fans - the hubris of the build up was surprising given recent record, was it the GABBA record they substituted in for Kardinia Park effect, that caused it? Anyway post game they have redeemed themselves with grace and good sportsmanship.

Wolfmother - a completely derivative band lacking any originality or identity, the opposite of RFC and footy generally, and therefore, unwelcome to the non-brain dead.
what a great post.

Funny no one mentions it, but oh lets all hate on Lynch (who's off play antics I don't like or condone BTW) .
Danger gets off scott free for that nice little elbow lift at the last second to make contact to his head. I believe that guilt may have got to him and affected his game a little.

....and danger did not even a get a week for that.

Mate stop looking for things that aren't there. Players are allowed to brace for contact etc.

Stop looking for a scapegoat for everything that effects your team. It is a full contact sport, grown men are colliding with each other at high speed all the time. Anyone without black and yellow glasses could see there was literally no intent whatsoever from Dangerfield to hurt him. Sam Menegola made high contact with a shoulder to the head of his own teammate in going for a mark, should he be rubbed out too if the victim wasn't his teammate?

Have some class.

I think if anything from this game is that the debate about Grand Final being played anywhere but the MCG is over.

No other ground can bring the atmosphere of the MCG.

Tonight proves that with the Gabba doing the best they can but it just feels so amateurish. Feels like a practise match. Nothing like the MCG on Grand Final day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Just walking past the G when empty,evokes atmosphere.

Mate stop looking for things that aren't there. Players are allowed to brace for contact etc.

Stop looking for a scapegoat for everything that effects your team. It is a full contact sport, grown men are colliding with each other at high speed all the time. Anyone without black and yellow glasses could see there was literally no intent whatsoever from Dangerfield to hurt him. Sam Menegola made high contact with a shoulder to the head of his own teammate in going for a mark, should he be rubbed out too if the victim wasn't his teammate?

Have some class.
Interesting that no one is hanging it on Cotchin for injuring Ablett's shoulder..

..Probably because he didn't do it on purpose, it was a regulation tackle and sometimes s**t happens. The large majority of Tigers fans here get that the Vlastuin incident was accidental but I guess not everyone can open both eyes.

.................. Sam Menegola made high contact with a shoulder to the head of his own teammate.

I'm ok with Danger's use of arms , dont look at the slo mo , look at in real time , Vlas was closing fast
there wasnt time for premeditated anything , just put the bumper up to protect himself

Dangerous point use raise on the Sam M mark

we love the courage of that contest , all 3 players , we dredd that sort of outcome
more often in the player in Sam's position that comes off worst
a la Jonathon Brown

isn't the rule you have to protect a players head at all cost and wouldnt say "opposition"
isn't someone like that endangering a players head ? I hope that gets ignored

Have some class.

How about we get the same treatment, hows that, or does that bother you? Danger lifted his elbow and made head high contact and NOCKED a player out -you are the one not looking at it.

If that was a Richmond player id expect two weeks off at a minimum, simple as that.

Anyway that's the last ill say of it, it is what it is.

I'm ok with Danger's use of arms , dont look at the slo mo , look at in real time , Vlas was closing fast
there wasnt time for premeditated anything , just put the bumper up to protect himself

Dangerous point use raise on the Sam M mark

we love the courage of that contest , all 3 players , we dredd that sort of outcome
more often in the player in Sam's position that comes off worst
a la Jonathon Brown

isn't the rule you have to protect a players head at all cost and wouldnt say "opposition"
isn't someone like that endangering a players head ? I hope that gets ignored

It was awful to watch, as you said all three players involved showed tremendous courage. And I know they have to do everything to protect players heads but it is like anything, you can't always allow for accidents and we've just got to accept that they happened

How about we get the same treatment, hows that, or does that bother you? Danger lifted his elbow and made head high contact and NOCKED a player out -you are the one not looking at it.

If that was a Richmond player id expect two weeks off at a minimum, simple as that.

Anyway that's the last ill say of it, it is what it is.

if it was a Richmond player you'd either a) hold a completely different view, or b) be at odds with 99 per cent of your fellow supporters. There was no malice, carelessness, or illegality in it.

if it was a Richmond player you'd either a) hold a completely different view, or b) be at odds with 99 per cent of your fellow supporters. There was no malice, carelessness, or illegality in it.
my point still the same, id expect 2 week ban and take it on the chin. Like I call Lynch out when he does his crap.

1) Danger made head high contact.
2) contact was severe and K.O'd out a player.
3) raised his elbow right at the last second. - if it was in the same motion (as the spoil) I would call it an accident and call it a day. It was not.

4) there we two motions, one for the spoil and one for the lift.
Some of the awake commentators picked up on this so I'm not the only one calling this out BTW.

Time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my point still the same, id expect 2 week ban and take it on the chin. Like I call Lynch out when he does his crap.

1) Danger made head high contact.
2) contact was severe and K.O'd out a player.
3) raised his elbow right at the last second. - if it was in the same motion (as the spoil) I would call it an accident and call it a day. It was not.

4) there we two motions, one for the spoil and one for the lift.
Some of the awake commentators picked up on this so I'm not the only one calling this out BTW.

Time to move on.

Lynch deliberately tries to get physical on people. None of the stuff he's been criticised for has involved simply going for the ball and accidentally collecting someone in the head.

Yes, there was a second motion. Last time I looked a player making a motion purely as a protective measure is fine.

Lynch deliberately tries to get physical on people. None of the stuff he's been criticised for has involved simply going for the ball and accidentally collecting someone in the head.

Yes, there was a second motion. Last time I looked a player making a motion purely as a protective measure is fine.
that's why I called it Lynch's crap.
Lets agree to disagree on this one and move on.

I have no problem with Danger getting off. However how Selwood didn't get a fine for what Lynch has had about 3 fines for this year (shoving Baker's head into the ground) shows the hypocrisy of Christian and how media outrage gets him interested instead of the act. BT was even having a laugh about the act when he was commentating but when Lynch did it earlier in the year he was calling for a suspension.

2017 The Crows were the most dominant side in the comp
2019 The Giants were the most talented side in the comp
2020 The Cats are the most oldest side in the comp

The last 2 teams we destroyed in the GF have not made the finals the next year and have been decimated , Hope the Cats will be better prepared and not too emotionally invested

Winners are grinners, the rest make their own arrangements (insert year)

So if it's the other way around it's still ok? you be alright with that one if it was Danger being knocked out? I call bs, he could of just tucked in his elbow and take the body hit. Doesn't sit well with me.

Absolutely I would. I was brought up playing a sport where that happens unintentionally every game and I stand by it.

I have no problem with Danger getting off. However how Selwood didn't get a fine for what Lynch has had about 3 fines for this year (shoving Baker's head into the ground) shows the hypocrisy of Christian and how media outrage gets him interested instead of the act. BT was even having a laugh about the act when he was commentating but when Lynch did it earlier in the year he was calling for a suspension.

I wouldn’t want either player suspended for that but it’s a stupid act

It was hard to watch Vlas on the ground, but I dont want that attack on the footy out of the game and
I dont think Dangerfield ought to have copped weeks.
It’s a little bit like the Shiel incident the umpires shouldnt protect people who dont protect themselves.
If they have to the game will change into something crap and kids will get hurt.

I wouldn’t want either player suspended for that but it’s a stupid act
He didn’t call for Selwood to be suspended, just fined. Exactly like Lynch was for exactly the same act earlier in the year. I’m totally with Dangerfield not having a case to answer, but if you run with the head shoved into the ground is a fine it should be equally applied, gf or no.

Either way I don’t like seeing it
We‘re just riled up because Lynch was crucified by the media this year, and that was kind of the start of it. But of course in a slow news week in the footy the pack comes hunting and it is what it is. The result is obvious, infuriating double standards. Obviously not your, Geelong or Selwoods fault.

We‘re just riled up because Lynch was crucified by the media this year, and that was kind of the start of it. But of course in a slow news week in the footy the pack comes hunting and it is what it is. The result is obvious, infuriating double standards. Obviously not your, Geelong or Selwoods fault.

This is in no way condoning what Selwood did at all I just think it’s pointless and stupid but I think what might rile people up with Lynch is that he’s a massive unit and a guy like that has the chance to impose and intimidate every time he’s near a contest. The way guys like Brown and Tredrea used to.

With blokes like Baker, Ballantyne, Libba etc they couldn’t do that because they weren’t physically big and strong enough. I think Selwood now that he’s over the other side of the hill is having to do more of that stuff to try and make his opponents ‘earn’ it than he could at his peak where just crashing packs of players and tackling hard was a way for him to impose himself.

It’s almost like the game has a soft spot for dirty players if they’re smaller, and a target on dirty players if they’re big.

Again not trying to condone it, it just might explain part of why Lynch copped it so disproportionately

Back