Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
On the Vlastuin / Dangerfield incident - I don't pretend to be able to judge Danger's culpability but based the MRO's performance this year I dont trust his judgement. I would have much preferred Danger be judged by the tribunal - if he gets off so be it if not not well that's the judgement. But for such a severe outcome in a grand final in the AFL have left themselves open to criticism.

I simply do not trust the MRO with these sorts of decisions.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
On the Vlastuin / Dangerfield incident - I don't pretend to be able to judge Danger's culpability but based the MRO's performance this year I dont trust his judgement. I would have much preferred Danger be judged by the tribunal - if he gets off so be it if not not well that's the judgement. But for such a severe outcome in a grand final in the AFL have left themselves open to criticism.

I simply do not trust the MRO with these sorts of decisions.
100% agree.

Someone is elbowed in the head, knocked unconscious and misses an entire game, it must be referred to a tribunal. Simple as that.

thecotch

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
After last night's triumph, i'll be content to not win another for 20 years. Been a paid up member for 16 consecutive years and proud to have stuck by them while down.
My daughter's (5 & 4) have seen more success in their short lives than I have in my 34 years!
To win 3 flags in the AFL era with compromised drafts & especially an 18 team competition is truly remarkable!
I am so proud of my club & really blessed to be a part of it. 🏆🏆🏆

try waiting 37 years like some of us older geizers.

A Chris Scott coaching performance for the ages.

Comment of the thread

Why Geelong are persisting with him, I'll never know!

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
For what little it's worth, I think the Cats are a class outfit -- from the board down to the playing group.

I've seen them all since 73). The fact that we had to get over Geelong is one of those reasons.

Your boys did well this year (hell, for the last decade) and you should be proud.

Sad to see GAJ hang up the boots and hope Simpson recovers without any ongoing issues.

Well done on the win - just too good

But your point about youve seen all your clubs flags since 1973 onwards

I read somewhere that Rich are 8 flags from their last 10 GF appearances

And if you look at the 2 they lost - 72 they were red hot favourites - in todays betting - about $1.25 tops - and in 1982 - i can remember the 2nd semi out at Waverley - Rich flogged Carl- they would have been 8-9 goals in front at one stage - so they were odds on again to repeat the dose in the GF - so the only 2 GFs the Tigers lost they were huge upsets

So with Rich - and i know they had the long drought - however it pains me to say this - but if you were around in the 60s and 70s and today - when they get top sides they win finals ( and not just GFs ) - they very rarely get beaten in finals - just ask Carl and Coll - who they have got a similar record to their record against Geel - they just beat them and beat them

It pissses me off - but that is the historical fact

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done on the win - just too good

But your point about youve seen all your clubs flags since 1973 onwards

I read somewhere that Rich are 8 flags from their last 10 GF appearances

And if you look at the 2 they lost - 72 they were red hot favourites - in todays betting - about $1.25 tops - and in 1982 - i can remember the 2nd semi out at Waverley - Rich flogged Carl- they would have been 8-9 goals in front at one stage - so they were odds on again to repeat the dose in the GF - so the only 2 GFs the Tigers lost they were huge upsets

So with Rich - and i know they had the long drought - however it pains me to say this - but if you were around in the 60s and 70s and today - when they get top sides they win finals ( and not just GFs ) - they very rarely get beaten in finals - just ask Carl and Coll - who they have got a similar record to their record against Geel - they just beat them and beat them

It pissses me off - but that is the historical fact
In 72 tiges beat blues twice home away, drew them first final, belted them in the replay, got belted in the GF. That GF btw was the best game of footy i have ever seen, attack attack attack and goals galore and tough all at the same time. However, the season had its strange moments, Saints beat tiges by 15 goals during the season. Blues ended up on top with a monster percentage, for me at the time the % was a portent of what blues were capable of, so the GF result was not the surprise many thought as I saw it.

82 was a strange one. Tiges beat up blues in the finals however, lost malthouse due to a very rough physical test by saint francis. A good gf with blues coming on after the fake blonde streaker entered the scene. That blues side though was a super outfit, 3 flags in 4 years, they were an atg team, so no big surprise they won.

My tiger mates still detest carlton for the 2 gf defeats.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
FMD there are going to be a lot of sh*t footballers who have won 2 and 3 flags at the tigers

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Carlton really?? You have had more number 1's than MJ and the Beatles together the last 20 years & you're still a irrelevant club.

Back