Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G String

All Australian
Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
AFL Club
Richmond
Geelong has completely changed their game style over the past two games especially, they had to, otherwise we had no way of beating the Tigers (to beat the Tiger's the ball 'has to' come into forward line as quickly as possible). Last week we moved the ball quicker from a mark more than any other side this season, Blicav said as much after post-game interview as Geelong players have been instructed to move the ball much quicker. So this talk that is going around at the moment with regards to Richmond's kaos footy vs Geelong trying to control the ball is simply not going to happen, it will be fast ball movement, especially coming out of the backline, now whether that is good enough to beat the Tigers is a entirely different matter but make no mistake Geelong is a far better side when they play this way.
This new style will make for a better quicker game IMO. But for Geelong it comes with much greater risk of turnover

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geelong has completely changed their game style over the past two games especially, they had to, otherwise we had no way of beating the Tigers (to beat the Tiger's the ball 'has to' come into forward line as quickly as possible). Last week we moved the ball quicker from a mark more than any other side this season, Blicav said as much after post-game interview as Geelong players have been instructed to move the ball much quicker. So this talk that is going around at the moment with regards to Richmond's kaos footy vs Geelong trying to control the ball is simply not going to happen, it will be fast ball movement, especially coming out of the backline, now whether that is good enough to beat the Tigers is a entirely different matter but make no mistake Geelong is a far better side when they play this way.
On the number.
Scott will do his best to create dynamic and quick movement into a multi dimensional forward line. He has said as much. Tiges defense is predictable, expect that to e exploited to one extent or another.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
The wet favours Richmond and the dry favours Geelong, but both sides can play in both conditions in my opinion so I don't think it will have too much of a bearing on the end result. If it made such a difference, then I don't think either side would have been here.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The players have been playing in torrential dew for months anyway, not sure what the issue is

the_big_sav

Premiership Player
May 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I'm not sure where the rain reports are coming from. I've been looking at the bom forecast for the past few days and weather has been looking great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201022-151048_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-151048_Chrome.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 57
May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
I love Cats and Tiges fans trying to convince THEMSELVES why their respective teams will win. Convinced yet?

I was convinced about my degenerates after the Eagles game. What delusion and fairytales were invented from that one game, won by a slender margin?

Ouch!
Comparing Collingwood to these two mobs, lol.

2017 The Crows were the most dominant side in the comp
2019 The Giants were the most talented side in the comp
2020 The Cats are the most oldest side in the comp

The last 2 teams we destroyed in the GF have not made the finals the next year and have been decimated , Hope the Cats will be better prepared and not too emotionally invested
And in each of those year Tigers supporters have been the most arrogant and least humble in the comp.

Yeah i know we are playing the same team we played in round 17 and also in the Prelim last year

MCG & GABBA almost exactly same dimensions and we will have 10,000 supporters there
The GABBA is actually more comparibe to the SCG and Geelong have a good recent record at both. We've won our last 5 games at both grounds.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The GABBA is actually more comparibe to the SCG and Geelong have a good recent record at both. We've won our last 5 games at both grounds.
The playing surface of the gabba is 156cm -138
MCG is 161-138
SCG is 155-136
gmhba is 171 -116

there is hardly any difference basically MCG is 2.5 mtrs longer each end ad its nothing

G String

All Australian
Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
AFL Club
Richmond
The playing surface of the gabba is 156cm -138
MCG is 161-138
SCG is 155-136
gmhba is 171 -116

there is hardly any difference basically MCG is 2.5 mtrs longer each end ad its nothing
Gee I've always thought the SCG was quite a bit smaller than the MCG. Amazing how different Kardinia is - it really should be deemed illegal

Gee I've always thought the SCG was quite a bit smaller than the MCG. Amazing how different Kardinia is - it really should be deemed illegal
Atleast it's an oval unlike the Melbourne Cricket Circle ;)

That's good, need to retain the quirks of grand final day/night :p
I know Brad Hill, Charlie Cameron and Jordan Clark are running. Can't remember the others.

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
And in each of those year Tigers supporters have been the most arrogant and least humble in the comp.

Hang on a minute this coming from your mob Ablett deserves a fairytail ending along with Danger to, and referring to the premlim over a year ago.The fairy tale is the bloke who come up through the vfl or missed multiple drafts and worked twice as hard.

Back