Autopsy AFL 2020 GRAND FINAL - Richmond v Geelong Sat October 24th 7:30pm AEDT/6:30PM AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win the 2020 Grand Final and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 122 39.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Draw - Tigers in extra time

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Draw - Cats in extra time

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

50756197-071B-46C6-92AB-5FEE00ABABB2.png
495DB8F2-740C-49AA-A168-20A48B9EB7B1.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
GRAND FINAL • RICHMOND V GEELONG
SATURDAY OCTOBER 24TH 7:30PM AEDT/ 6.30PM AEST (GABBA)

LAST TIME THEY MET ROUND 17
GEELONG 4.7.31
RICHMOND 7.15.57

CAPTAINS
Trent Cotchin AND Joel Selwood

4E56B42C-D424-4EDE-8EDD-4F99B6C70B17.png
DB448313-973C-434B-BB66-EDD039381523.png

JOIN THE BIGFOOTY FINALS TIPPING COMPETITION!

Finals Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip the AFL Finals now

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

JOIN Michaels and the Bigfooty Tigercast Crew for their 2020 Grand Final Show!

INJURIES and SUSPENSIONS:

:geelong:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Nakia CockatooWristSeason
Nathan KreugerKneeSeason
Jack StevenHamstringTest

:richmond:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Callum Coleman-JonesSuspensionFive matches
Noah CumberlandACLSeason
Jack HigginsCalfTest
Bigoa NyuonShoulderSeason
Ivan SoldoKneeSeason
Sydney StackSuspensionFive matches

GRAND FINAL TEAMS ANNOUNCED

TIGERS

B: David Astbury, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta

HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, Bachar Houli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett

HF: Kane Lambert, Jason Castagna, Dustin Martin

F: Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin

I/C: Jack Graham, Shai Bolton, Jayden Short, Nathan Broad
EMG: Oleg Markov, Josh Caddy, Mabior Chol, Jake Aarts

CATS

B: Jed Bews, Harry Taylor, Jake Kolodjashnij

HB: Lachie Henderson, Mark Blicavs, Tom Stewart

C: Mitch Duncan, Joel Selwood, Sam Menegola

HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Gary Rohan, Gryan Miers

F: Mark O’Connor, Tom Hawkins, Gary Ablett

FOLL: Rhys Stanley, Patrick Dangerfield, Cam Guthrie

I/C: Jack Henry, Brandan Parfitt, Zach Tuohy, Sam Simpson
EMG: Tom Atkins, Zach Guthrie, Esava Ratugolea, Brad Close

RICHMOND 12.9.81
GEELONG 7.8.50

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Wouldn't have picked 2 VIC sides. When we got towelled by Hawthorn and St Kilda early on I doubted we had the hunger, when we went to the hub I thought we were no chance.

Can't believe we are back in the Grand Final.

Should be a ripper, Cats form looking great, Tigers have full belief they can win.

Will be a really enjoyable week leading up and no matter what happens really proud of the club and players for the past few years and getting there again through the challenges of 2020.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Tigers by 44 points

Dads army with 14 over 28 year olds trying to have 1 last hurrah for Gablett & Dangerfield desperately trying to get a flag in his last chance
Dynamic young fast chaotic tigers will be doing what the Tigers do in Grand Finals - Tigers will just turn the turbo on when it counts.

Richmond has an utterly insane 18-1-1 record against Brisbane at the Gabba

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably a grinch but wow... what a totally uninspiring game. Usually there’s some sort of narrative like the end of a premiership drought, or an underdog or something... this year there’s really nothing, just two very successful clubs. Probably a combination with it not being in Melbourne, not even being able to do anything socially, and knowing there’ll be even less genuine supporters there than ever.

First year I can remember that I can honestly say good luck to both teams, cos I really don’t care. Only thing I hope for is something a bit historic, maybe a really close game, extra time or something would be cool.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably a grinch but wow... what a totally uninspiring game. Usually there’s some sort of narrative like the end of a premiership drought, or an underdog or something... this year there’s really nothing, just two very successful clubs. Probably a combination with it not being in Melbourne, not even being able to do anything socially, and knowing there’ll be even less genuine supporters there than ever.

First year I can remember that I can honestly say good luck to both teams, cos I really don’t care. Only thing I hope for is something a bit historic, maybe a really close game, extra time or something would be cool.
One club is going for 3 flags in 4 years which gives it claims of a dynasty. The other club is aiming to send off possibly the greatest midfielder of all time with a 3rd flag and grant its captain 4 flags. a flag would make geelong arguably the greatest club of the 21st century. on top of that the two greatest players of the past 6 years in martin and danger are also plying their trade.

this is far better then a grand final with a massive underdog. This is about two of the big teams of the era clashing. We havnt had a grand final like this in quite a while.

Micksy

Premiership Player
Feb 16, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cowwarr, Fish Creek
In a wet game i would say that would suit Richmonds game style more than cats who rely more on possession football with accurate kicking / marking
Everything's coming up Tiggies!

What would have to happen for the Moggies to even get a sniff?

Nuclear holocaust?. Mass gastro outbreak?

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
In a wet game i would say that would suit Richmonds game style more than cats who rely more on possession football with accurate kicking / marking

The wet stops us from playing like that which is a good thing imo. (See Freo v cats this year) Might slow down Richmond's counter attack, which cats struggle with? Hawkins and Menegola both love the wet.

Would be interesting, don't really remember a grand final with a lot of rain

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The wet stops us from playing like that which is a good thing imo. (See Freo v cats this year) Might slow down Richmond's counter attack, which cats struggle with? Hawkins and Menegola both love the wet.

Would be interesting, don't really remember a grand final with a lot of rain
Tigers kaos game style is all about tapping punching kicking the ball foward and not about clean possessions also being a younger faster team i would have thought it suits us perfectly. Richmond in the wet is another level of chaotic pressure. Port are also a good down in the ditches type of team and the game on friday was a good practice for this week.

Tigers by 44 points

Dads army with 14 over 28 year olds trying to have 1 last hurrah for Gablett & Dangerfield desperately trying to get a flag in his last chance
Dynamic young fast chaotic tigers will be doing what the Tigers do in Grand Finals - Tigers will just turn the turbo on when it counts.

Richmond has an utterly insane 18-1-1 record against Brisbane at the Gabba
saving this for later

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Just a friendly reminder, you're not playing Brisbane.
Yeah i know we are playing the same team we played in round 17 and also in the Prelim last year

MCG & GABBA almost exactly same dimensions and we will have 10,000 supporters there

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Quietly confident but it’s a grand final so nothing can be taken for granted, feel if we bring our best we’ll be hard to beat but cats are a well organised team so won’t be easy. Very jealous of those lucky fans able to be at the game and everyone outside of Melbourne able to watch at a pub or with friends.
Hopefully we have 2 flags to unfurl next season.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
2017 The Crows were the most dominant side in the comp
2019 The Giants were the most talented side in the comp
2020 The Cats are the most oldest side in the comp

The last 2 teams we destroyed in the GF have not made the finals the next year and have been decimated , Hope the Cats will be better prepared and not too emotionally invested

Back