Autopsy AFL 2020 - Liked, Learnt and Hated Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

1. The Eagles finally showing some form. Nic Nat.
2. Eddie needs to be gently told to shove off, time for fresh leadership at the Pies.
3. The overall quality of the matches again, low scoring and boring mostly.

Greenac

All Australian
Apr 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Liked - No clear standout great team (Brisbane best but it's not a runaway standout).

Learnt - Low scoring games are our new normal. It just won't go away even when quarters go back to normal times. You simply cannot defeat congestion when the field is not zoned. Coaches prove time and time again they can not be trusted and it only takes one to decide it'll be a battle in the trenches and the other side has to react.

Hated - sports journos have never been accused of having much integrity but it seems that given the heightened concerns around job security they are all determined to be all over everything, even the tiniest indiscretion. It's putrid.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Liked - new HTB interpretation. A few howlers given as is always the case, but I like it overall. No more punching it into the body.
Learnt - Brisbane are a genuine contender, most already at least suspected it, a dominant win over good opposition proves it
Hated - seeing people in the stands interstate while it'll still be months until I can do it. Selfish of course, but honest.

Liked, the depth of the Bulldogs midfield is becoming scarily good.
Learnt, nothing new this round
Hated, Covid covid covid covid

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Liked - Dogs team defence is working finally, and our forwards are applying manic pressure again like we saw in 2016

Learnt - Saints could be a serious finals threat. I can see them having down periods throughout the year, but at their best they play an exciting, fast brand of footy that could win a flag if they maintain form during finals

Hated - Collingwood

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Liked/loved: Being back in the stands cheering my team on. The simple pleasure of getting dressed in team colours, making your way down to the ground with waves of other people, singing the song when the boys run out and again singing it after a win. I cannot stress just how great it was being able to be there to watch it in person again.

Learned: Tom Green is going to be some sort of player.

Hated: nothing much this week.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
We are cooked.

Huge injury list - no Cunnington or Higgins for the near future.

About to enter a hub with about 26 fit players.

Bottom 4 beckons without a significant turn around.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Liked- The injury to Naughton and Lloyd finally allowed the correct forward balance, with instant results.

Learnt- Alistair Clarkson sneezes and the game gets a cold.

Hated- Reporters please ask some hard questions in the press conferences, giving me nothing.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Learnt: Be careful what you say as a coach about the umpires lest they use your recommendations against you.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Liked - Tigers much better display albeit against rubbish opposition.

Learnt - The next 5 weeks are going to be very challenging for the tigers, no Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Astbury and Nankervis with doubts over Lynch and Dusty. Get out of it 4-1 or 3-2 would be a great result.

Hated - some of the HTB decisions were deplorable, the rule needing tweaking not ripping to shreds.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
We are cooked.

Huge injury list - no Cunnington or Higgins for the near future.

About to enter a hub with about 26 fit players.

Bottom 4 beckons without a significant turn around.
this is exactly the sort of game we'll lose. :(

Liked: A most un-Essendon performance.
GWS were great to watch too. Haynes has become the best defender in the comp

Learned: Shiel perhaps wasn't an expensive indulgence. Has become the clearance player we've been longing for (having a competitive ruck helped too)

Hated: Rowell injury - i'd been enjoying watching him play
Stringer injury. Essendon have this elite forward line. Daniher, Stringer, Fantasia, Tippa. All 4 are yet to play a game together as a unit. :( makes me sad.

Feb 1, 2004
Sweden
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Helsingborg Australian FC
Liked: Five rounds and the Tigers are undefeated..... oh.. that’s me playing Evolution 2.... sorry...

Hated: Bolton and Baker walking out from the club and are in hot form with their new clubs... um... ok... Evolution 2 again I think...

Learnt: Corona and Evolution 2 is losing my sense of reality.. it’s 2023 right? Richmond lost the GF to Essendon in 2020 but recovered to trash the Cats in 2021... yes? No?..... maybe?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
1. The Eagles finally showing some form. Nic Nat.
2. Eddie needs to be gently told to shove off, time for fresh leadership at the Pies.
3. The overall quality of the matches again, low scoring and boring mostly.

Point 2. Could you please moderate him out of the chair? Please? Pretty please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: Two icons of the game, GAJ & Joel Selwood, reaching significant milestones - 350 and 300 games

Learnt: There is little chance the 2020 GF can be played in Melbourne.

Disliked: The style of game played by Melbourne FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back