Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season First Elimination Final - Eagles v Pies Sat October 3rd 8:10pm AEST/6:10 WST (OPTUS) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

May 2, 2006
East Fremantle
What a fantastic win with the Eagles getting seriously looked after with the umpiring.
Maynard getting a holding the ball against when it was two eagles with the ball tackling each other was a disgrace.
And how did McGovern not get pinned for HTB after he clearly dropped that mark in the last quarter and he just stood there.

Top win to beat the eagles in Perth after getting bent over by the umps all game.
Don't talk s**t, your team was well looked after.]

FastLane

Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
#TEAMWHAM
One of the worst umpired games I've seen - I think it was Adams not Maynard who literally was tackling the WC player and himself got pinged for holding the ball. Also: a clear Coll'wood mark/push in the back (take your pick) in fwd50 was called play-on; a Coll'wood mark on edge of 50 and dumped well after the play - obvious 50; the tackle on McGovern with no attempt to dispose at top of the square. That's 3 goals right there that the Pies should have had. Here's another one - Richmond had 2 instances where whistle was blown then player kicked the ball. Both resulted in 50s. Harsh, but fair according to the letter of the law. Happened to WC and Shuey I think handballed much later after the whistle than either of the Richmond ones - they brought the ball back to the Pies player but no 50. I'm so sick of umpires being influenced by interstate crowds.

I'm with you-noticed those too-Pies had the worst of it over the night- you can also add the Darling free against Crisp- although 'technically' high- that is NEVER paid- let alone in the dying minutes of a cut throat final 15 out from goal. Umps brought WCE back (like they did with Dogs in earlier game!) and the better team on the night thankfully won.

Re: the Elliot 'HTB' - no prior and tried to get it out- play on all day. Gotta laugh when Lingy bangs on about Elliot trying to break the tackle so it should be HTB- I thought the rule was if you are tackled immediately you must ATTEMPT to get rid of the ball, if not HTB. Commentators with no idea dont help the situation.

An amazing game- NicNat was supreme as was Ryan- what a star- I reckon they were involved in basically all Eagles goals. Cox first q was crazy! Miihocek last excellent- and that De Goey goal was unbelievable.

One of the best games I've seen!

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
I'm with you-noticed those too-Pies had the worst of it over the night- you can also add the Darling free against Crisp- although 'technically' high- that is NEVER paid- let alone in the dying minutes of a cut throat final 15 out from goal. Umps brought WCE back (like they did with Dogs in earlier game!) and the better team on the night thankfully won.

Re: the Elliot 'HTB' - no prior and tried to get it out- play on all day. Gotta laugh when Lingy bangs on about Elliot trying to break the tackle so it should be HTB- I thought the rule was if you are tackled immediately you must ATTEMPT to get rid of the ball, if not HTB. Commentators with no idea dont help the situation.

An amazing game- NicNat was supreme as was Ryan- what a star- I reckon they were involved in basically all Eagles goals. Cox first q was crazy! Miihocek last excellent- and that De Goey goal was unbelievable.

Bold bit, he wasn't supreme, he was a good player is all.

Some just drool over everything he does, eg: last night Nic Nat take a good mark, commentators act like it was a mark for the ages, then the next 3 contests he is out marked, one from Cameron which was every bit as good.

RichLeMonde

Sep 26, 2019
Celtics

Yeah agree with all that - was an amazing game. Feels like every game I've seen Ryan play he's been unbelievable - love how he does not GAF about staying out of the way in the air to let the big boys fly lol.

Jul 12, 2011
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Seriously learn to accept a loss, as supporters the first go to is to assume your team was hard done by, I felt some of the decisions in the Brisbane v Richmond game hurt us, but do I believe it’s the reason we lost, no, the better team won, just like in 2018 when collingwood beat us, I hear Richmond posters claiming gastro and dustys knee, it’s pathetic, you play the players you can and whoever wins you accept it.
Was an unbelievable game, only reason wc supporters are copping is because of posters like yourself who always play the victim
Bit different Richmond lost by 15, not 1 point. 1 decision was the difference.

Chunky09

Jul 8, 2018
Bit different Richmond lost by 15, not 1 point. 1 decision was the difference.
It wasn’t, you were outplayed for most of the game. We’re playing catch up most of the night, some calls that went your way too. Darling got a soft free kick goal. McGovern spoil on Thomas was a blatant free kick, usually evens out. I felt collingwood was the better team on the night, and trust me I hate collingwood, so I was hoping for a west coast win

RichLeMonde

Sep 26, 2019
Celtics
Richmond posters whinging about the umpires from their match on Friday night in a Collingwood / Eagles autopsy thread. You can’t make this sh*t up.
Learn to read: I described the umpiring in the WC-Pies game, including by making a comparison of identical scenarios in other finals games in the same weekend. I said the 50s against Richmond were 'harsh but fair, according to the letter of the law' - not really whinging calling decisions 'fair'. I noted that WC weren't pinged for the exact same thing - disposing of the ball after the whistle was blown. My complaint was about the umpiring in the WC-Pies game, not in the Rich-Brisbane game (the umpring in which was basically fine).

bh90210fan

Sep 4, 2017
Learn to read: I described the umpiring in the WC-Pies game, including by making a comparison of identical scenarios in other finals games in the same weekend. I said the 50s against Richmond were 'harsh but fair, according to the letter of the law' - not really whinging calling decisions 'fair'. I noted that WC weren't pinged for the exact same thing - disposing of the ball after the whistle was blown. My complaint was about the umpiring in the WC-Pies game, not in the Rich-Brisbane game (the umpring in which was basically fine).
Richmond poster(s). Maybe you should learn to read. Always plenty of Richmond fans commenting on our games like yourself, a bit of an obsession for you guys seemingly

PetterdHoisted

Apr 27, 2014
One of the worst umpired games I've seen - I think it was Adams not Maynard who literally was tackling the WC player and himself got pinged for holding the ball. Also: a clear Coll'wood mark/push in the back (take your pick) in fwd50 was called play-on; a Coll'wood mark on edge of 50 and dumped well after the play - obvious 50; the tackle on McGovern with no attempt to dispose at top of the square. That's 3 goals right there that the Pies should have had. Here's another one - Richmond had 2 instances where whistle was blown then player kicked the ball. Both resulted in 50s. Harsh, but fair according to the letter of the law. Happened to WC and Shuey I think handballed much later after the whistle than either of the Richmond ones - they brought the ball back to the Pies player but no 50. I'm so sick of umpires being influenced by interstate crowds.
could not agree more.

The 50 m penalty adjudication completely different from night to night.

I tend to disagree about the umpiring in our game but Richmond aren’t blaming them and supporting the umpires like our club always does,I can’t think of another club that praises the umpires like our club yet we are near the bottom of the free kick ladder.

Cotchin praised the umpires in his presser,gotta love our club’s culture.

Last night’s umpiring was hilarious like two texas slingers in a shooting contest,one paying alot to the Eagles,the other paying frees to the Pies.

For the record 16 to 12 Pies favour,Eagles got a ridiculous htb paid,that was the blunder of the night.

Jul 13, 2015
Brisbane were terrific,umpires were not but the Brisbane players do not umpire games so congrats to Fages and his team.

:rainbow:;)

It was one of the better umpire'd games all year. The ones I disagreed with are probably not the same as yours.

All the 50m penalties were fair. Richmond had moments of ill discipline which cost a LOT. Brisbane were far better behaved.

It was one of the better umpire'd games all year. The ones I disagreed with are probably not the same as yours.

All the 50m penalties were fair. Richmond had moments of ill discipline which cost a LOT. Brisbane were far better behaved.

Our captain has said that our players need to be disciplined more,3 goals were from our errors in disciipline but there were some howlers also,Cameron got caught holding the ball to a swallowed whistle and a very similar tackle got rewarded to Brisbane,that was a crucial swallow.

Of course an oppo is going to say the game was perfectly umpired.

I reckon if Richmond won,the media would have said the game was a letdown and “boring” also lol.

Richmond have always been a club proactive in supporting the umpires yet we sit,yet again,near the bottom of the free kick table.

Cotchin has warned our playing group of discilpline errors,I expect them to be erradicated this week.

Now let’s see what the umpires do?

Jun 6, 2016
Pines Football Club
bloke behind us was a utensil all night and in the last jumped up and yelled “de goeys injured har har suck sh*t woohoo de goeys injured”

everyone turned around gave him evils and shut ups.

reckon the footy gods heard him.

Yeah those sort of supporters are rare, the wa public is so gracious and a lot went out of their way to congratulate passing Pie fans. Rarely got that back in the day against tiges, bombers and blose at the g or waverly. The hate was fierce and still is.

Jul 13, 2015
Our captain has said that our players need to be disciplined more,3 goals were from our errors in disciipline but there were some howlers also,Cameron got caught holding the ball to a swallowed whistle and a very similar tackle got rewarded to Brisbane,that was a crucial swallow.

Of course an oppo is going to say the game was perfectly umpired.

I reckon if Richmond won,the media would have said the game was a letdown and “boring” also lol.

Richmond have always been a club proactive in supporting the umpires yet we sit,yet again,near the bottom of the free kick table.

Cotchin has warned our playing group of discilpline errors,I expect them to be erradicated this week.

Now let’s see what the umpires do?

Youre talking to a Hawks fan about umpire errors.

Brad Hill got pinged HTB yesterday having had literally zero prior and had it held to him, and I reckon we did 500+ of those this year and didnt get one free kick.

Its easier to critique neutral games. Port and Geel was good. Bris and Rich was good. Saints and Dogs had a fair few gifts to the Dogs. Pies and WCE had some truly baffling calls for both sides.

I hope the 6 umps come from the Qualifying games.

RichLeMonde

Sep 26, 2019
Celtics
Richmond poster(s). Maybe you should learn to read. Always plenty of Richmond fans commenting on our games like yourself, a bit of an obsession for you guys seemingly
Yeah it's true. I never used to mind WC until I came to BF and encountered their fans. Now, purely because of their fans, they are the only team where I actively enjoy them losing, and don't mind checking out the boards for a bit of a laugh. But come on mate, don't pretend WC fans don't do exactly the same on the Richmond autopsies.

Youre talking to a Hawks fan about umpire errors.

Brad Hill got pinged HTB yesterday having had literally zero prior and had it held to him, and I reckon we did 500+ of those this year and didnt get one free kick.

Its easier to critique neutral games. Port and Geel was good. Bris and Rich was good. Saints and Dogs had a fair few gifts to the Dogs. Pies and WCE had some truly baffling calls for both sides.

I hope the 6 umps come from the Qualifying games.

Hawks have been poorly dealt by also,I agree.

I still think the umps will “find” a 50 against us this week even after being more disciplined.

jonmacTrag

May 27, 2020
Collingwood and West Coast have built up a strong rivalry - especially in finals - but it is a healthy rivalry based on mutual respect.
The media love to get into Collingwood and make a big thing of any hiccup but that is what any Collingwood supporter learns at dad's side in the outer.
I would rather be beaten by West Coast in a GF than any Victorian side or Brisbane.
To all the hurting West Coast supporters out there thank you for another memorable final and your - mostly - gracious and respectful reactions on our board.
And hope to meet you again next year at the business end where all the media bullshite is irrelevant.