Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season First Elimination Final - Eagles v Pies Sat October 3rd 8:10pm AEST/6:10 WST (OPTUS) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

5th place is the hardest position to finish with only 2 teams making the preliminary final from 5th place under the current finals format. The Eagles to win one more game and then out in the semi.

5th place is the hardest position to finish with only 2 teams making the preliminary final from 5th place under the current finals format. The Eagles to win one more game and then out in the semi.

I fear if we beat Collingwood we may be bundled out in the semi final, but if we're good enough none of that will mean anything. More a matter of our form on the day. Even though we lost to Port I'd give us a bit more chance against Port in Adelaide than Geelong in Brisbane, though they are due to break or winning record against them at AO. Just feel our defence this year isn't as solid as Geelong or Port and that may be the difference.

No way I see an early exit for WC. Too much talent and on their home deck. Collingwood need to start preparing for 2021.

I can see West coast do damage with a full strength squad. West coast beat the Magpies with key players back. If Geelong somehow beat Port in the qualifying final, I can see eagles beat port in a semi In Adelaide oval

I can see West coast do damage with a full strength squad. West coast beat the Magpies with key players back. If Geelong somehow beat Port in the qualifying final, I can see eagles beat port in a semi In Adelaide oval

Would love to see that but I feel Port will desperately want to break the AO wood we have on them. Memories of the 2017 EF final and the same thing happening in 2018 will be fresh in their minds.

This is hardly the year to compare historical normalities. 5th place actually works in WC's favor this year. Allows them to go home for 3 weeks before hubbing again in QLD. If they had finished 3rd or 4th, they'd just have to stay interstate.

Eagles by 57

Pies wasting everyones time being in the finals... Dees would have at least been entertaining.
really? You remembered your last Final in Perth? thats the 2018 Preliminary final. do you remember the 1st half of that game?

Eagles by 57

Pies wasting everyones time being in the finals... Dees would have at least been entertaining.
The only way Melbourne would be slightly entertaining would be as the half time entertainment, they could run onto the field with the Benny Hill music blaring and chase each other around for a while.

Eagles by 57

We'd have flogged you harder than a step parent flogging their ranga step child. Collingwood with a mostly full squad will make it a tough game and their history in regards to playing finals away from Melbourne is weirdly great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there has been times where the 5th places side has lost to the 8th placed side in finals.

2003: Freo lose to essendon in Perth

2004: Demons lose to essendon at the MCG

2006: Collingwood lose to the dogs at the MCG.
Yeah but how is 5th harder than 6th?

Are you suggesting the 8th side is somehow magically better as a rule than the 7th side?

Yeah but how is 5th harder than 6th?

Are you suggesting the 8th side is somehow magically better as a rule than the 7th side?
I dont know. you tell me....

But for some strange reason, there has been some finals series where the 5th placed side has lost to the 8th placed side.

Richmond finished 5th both times in 2013 and 2015 and lost to 8th placed carlton, who took essendons finals spot and then in 2015 lost to 8th placed North.

In 2017, your mob got 8th and beat 5th placed Port in Adelaide oval.

I dont know. you tell me....
OK. 5th is no harder than 6th. They're structurally identical.

But for some strange reason, there has been some finals series where the 5th placed side has lost to the 8th placed side.

Richmond finished 5th both times in 2013 and 2015 and lost to 8th placed carlton, who took essendons finals spot and then in 2015 lost to 8th placed North.

In 2017, your mob got 8th and beat 5th placed Port in Adelaide oval.
None of this makes 5th harder than 6th. These are isolated incidents that do nothing to demonstrate that point.

Let me know when you have a rational statement to the contrary.

OK. 5th is no harder than 6th. They're structurally identical.

None of this makes 5th harder than 6th. These are isolated incidents that do nothing to demonstrate that point.

Let me know when you have a rational statement to the contrary.
I dont know why it happens but for some strange reason from the year 2000 onwards, there has been some 8th placed sides that have won in the 1st week of the finals.

Oh dear ,,I thought Fremantles season was over.

With social distancing restrictions etc and the usual stuff those games were pretty much at allowable capacity at 25,000 whatever. Obviously not from WA if you think People are scared off by coronavirus
Can’t agree. Tickets to the Collingwood/West Coast home and away game earlier this season were far easier to come by than the trials and tribulations I’ve had to go through in past seasons (Particularly when you played at Subi), and that was even with the halved capacity. It definitely would be playing a part

Back