Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season First Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs October 1st 7:40PM AEST/7:10 CST (AO) Match Highlights In Op

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 29.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo did it in 2012, Hawks in 2013, North in 2014, Swans in 2016, Tigers in 2017, Melbourne in 2018 and Pies in 2019. All teams who we had good records against going into the game.

Port are an absolute shoe in.
Bit exaggerated, North beat us in 2012 and 2013, we were Sydney's bunnies going into 2016 final and Pies actually have had a great record against us since the 2011 GF. But I will give you the others.

Port should get the win but you never know with how the umpires look after Geelong year after year.
123 posts and about 110 of them sooking about Geelong in one way or another. Poor baby

Geelong have the most to prove and are under the most pressure out of all finalists. They can't afford to fall short in yet another finals series, especially with an older squad.

I really thought that 2019 was last chance saloon for them, but a shortened season and shorter quarters suits them to a tee so this is their last crack at a flag.

Geelong have the most to prove and are under the most pressure out of all finalists. They can't afford to fall short in yet another finals series, especially with an older squad.

I really thought that 2019 was last chance saloon for them, but a shortened season and shorter quarters suits them to a tee so this is their last crack at a flag.

Thats the first time someone has ever said that about geelong in the last decade, I’m so shocked by this statement.

I read that in 2010. Time flies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port remind me of Richmond 2017, no one rates them yet but riding a wave of momentum and keep winning.

This is the test now, could easily storm through or just as easily go out in straight sets.
Richmond didnt finish top in 17. They finished 3rd and lost plenty of games. Then for some weird reason got to play all finals at their home ground against non melbourne teams.

Richmond didnt finish top in 17. They finished 3rd and lost plenty of games. Then for some weird reason got to play all finals at their home ground against non melbourne teams.
Woah someone's still angry.

I'm talking about the similarities in how we weren't considered a genuine threat all through the year even up to the Grand Final but just kept proving doubters wrong and winning, after making top 4 from being outside the 8 the year prior, as Port have done thus far.

"Weird reason". First final was two Victorian teams competing which in the last 25 years has been at the MCG just like last year versus the Pies. They won that and had the right to host the PF.
Where should they have played the GF then on the moon?
Oh that's right the GF including host interstate team debate only applies to Richmond.
Anyway this thread isn't about Richmond but I felt the need to call out your BS.
Obviously still salty......

Last edited:
Nervous but our best footy is a good chance of winning tomorrow. Selection will be interesting, if Clurey is overlooked as many expect, then Ken would want to hope our midfield can get the better of selwood, danger & co otherwise it could backfire big time.

I’ll be going but I simply am against this game being on a Thursday night, especially as I start work at 4am the next day, this deserved to get a Friday night home final (maybe the next one)

Nervous but our best footy is a good chance of winning tomorrow. Selection will be interesting, if Clurey is overlooked as many expect, then Ken would want to hope our midfield can get the better of selwood, danger & co otherwise it could backfire big time.

I’ll be going but I simply am against this game being on a Thursday night, especially as I start work at 4am the next day, this deserved to get a Friday night home final (maybe the next one)
I'm guessing the semi at AO will get the friday night slot.

Teams are out. Axes have been swung.

Cats: Stanley, Atkins IN. Esava, Jack Stevens OUT.

Port: Burton, Clurey, Butters IN. Lienert, Bonner, Woodcock OUT.

Both teams full strength.

Meanwhile Ken Hinkley turns 54 today and is attempting to become the 8th-oldest coach to win a final (McHale, Malthouse, Parkin, Kennedy, Sheedy, Jeans, Hughes ahead of him).

Back