Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season First Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs October 1st 7:40PM AEST/7:10 CST (AO) Match Highlights In Op

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 29.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Floated around a bit, equal most tackles on the ground. Thought he was better than all Australian DBJ.

This is a horrible call.

Geelong would have been better off if every time Guthrie touched the ball geelong conceded a 20m penalty and gave port the ball. He was horrid tonight. Dbj was a beast. Ports backline just patrolled across a high mark up the ground attacking the ball at every opportunity like rabid animals and Dbj was a big part of that. Pretty hard to fault Dbjs game tonight.

Here’s one for you, just for a laugh.

Champion Data has
BOG... Mitch Duncan
2nd... Tom Rockliff
equal 3rd... Cam Guthrie, Ollie Wines, Hamish Hartlett.

... 9 tackles apparently.

This sums up champion data and Guthrie.

Guthrie has a good engine and gets to lots of contests. As someone watching him play against us I have zero fear of guthrie hurting us. As long as they want to play him in the centre and danger forward I’m very happy.

How did the All Australian wingman Cam Guthrie go?

God that was a shocking call. I wouldn't even have Guthrie as one of the best two wingmen at Geelong.

Guthrie has a good engine and gets to lots of contests. As someone watching him play against us I have zero fear of guthrie hurting us. As long as they want to play him in the centre and danger forward I’m very happy.
Ditto. Guthrie just doesn’t hurt teams. He’s always been ordinary, rides on the surfboard that is Dangerfield and Selwood’s efforts.
I’d argue Menegola deserves the wing spot at AA more then Cam. Don’t get what he offers. He’s not fast, nor overly damaging nor a big kick. Just a very good passenger/soldier in a team of 22.

Impressive win by Port, it's a good sign when the fringe players like Motlop, Ladhams etc are having good games. Geelong wasted a lot of chances, but overall Port were better in the key moments.

The midfield is very good and deep. Only weakness I see is not a lot of system about the forward line.

Champion Data is an absolute crock of s**t. Especially its "Elite" rankings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah on Rozee I noticed too he seems soft. Extremely skillful and probs in your best 22 but seems to avoid contact sometimes. Bit like Stephenson.

Yeah on Rozee I noticed too he seems soft. Extremely skillful and probs in your best 22 but seems to avoid contact sometimes. Bit like Stephenson.
Hes clearly playing injured.. watched him hoble off at 3 Qtr time to the bench.
Still has more talent in his pinky than any player under 25 that you have.

Hes clearly playing injured.. watched him hoble off at 3 Qtr time to the bench.
Still has more talent in his pinky than any player under 25 that you have.
I'm sure he'll be a gun mate, enjoy the big win!

Drop him. Bring in Close. Nothing to lose. Far out, Rohan is useless in big games.

Useless in a qualifying final. The guy is going to lose his s**t in an elimination game.

Yes, prelim against North 2014.

Had 23 touches and didn't touch the scoreboard... hardly a cracking game but a serviceable effort.

Meant nothing though, topped it off the week after with 7 touches in the game that mattered.

Richmond will be going back through the draw via Adelaide Oval, and will get towelled up by Port in the prelim.

As delightful as that sounds, Richmond will have a stronger line up than the one they dished up the last time they played and they have a lot more finals experience. Even at the Adelaide Oval, Richmond go in as favourites

Back